Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Collinsworth and his insider.

Demcritus2

Collinsworth is a massive tool. The fact that he and Bryant Gumbel are calling the Thanksgiving games on the NFL Network means the mute button on my remote will be in full service that day. Another case of a marginal player (i.e. Sean Salisbury) who thinks they're all that and a bag of chips when, in fact, they're marginal in every facet of their life. :doh:

That whole NBC team (minus the bus) is really bad. Collinsworth is such a cincy homer its disgusting.he still whines about the 49ers stealing their superbowl..at least Esiason admits he is a cincy homer. Anything that Collinsworth spews from that hole in his face is basically worthless....same with the little guy...Costass

That whole NBC team (minus the bus) is really bad. Collinsworth is such a cincy homer its disgusting.he still whines about the 49ers stealing their superbowl..at least Esiason admits he is a cincy homer. Anything that Collinsworth spews from that hole in his face is basically worthless....same with the little guy...Costass

Add Peter King to this list. :doh:

Hey, you know what? If Campbell isn't ready to play.... I'm going to be ever MORE pissed at Gibbs.

If Campbell flops... I'll be mad at Gibbs for hand-picking the guy and giving up the farm to do so. Then I'll be upset because he couldn't prepare a quarterback in 1.5 years to play.

If Campbell flops... Gibbs has to go.

I don't know why you guys get your panties all knotted up whenever someone in the media disparages the Skins. The Skins get 16 chances a year to answer their critics. They've blown 6 of them already, so there's no point whining now.

We've heard lots of reports about Campbell, but no one has seen him in a real NFL game. On Sunday, you'll know as much as Collingsworth.

It's Chris Collinsworth!...the biggest sensationalist in sports today. Don't get me wrong. Collinsworth can make you "think". He is not afraid of making a mistake in commentary. Thus, any of what he says is pure entertainment and must be taken with a grain of salt.

However, Head Coach Joe Gibbs has not shown any confidence with presenting Jason Campbell to the public. Then again, when have we ever seen Coach confident with starting young players. He recently said that Jason will start. It has taken awhile, and in that time, Jason has been studying the playbook, trying to understand the philosophy of Al Saunders. With a few snaps with the starting lineup, is it possible for him to know the schemes? I think so, but don't expect brilliance from the kid. Instead, look for poise and level of confidence. Then, look at the surrounding talent and what they bring to the present table. Can the surrounding talent still do the job? Or, do we see something reminiscent of a "Vick-esque" performance.

I seems to me that all of it is in the "level of confidence" he demonstrates, and the performance of our defense. Hope the kid has proper medical coverage.

Hail Redskins!

seriously, if campbell is really that awful, that is something that high ranking officials in the organization would keep close to the vest for possible trade purposes.

You trade someone that has never played, you are bascially saying he stinks and it was a mistake to trade UP for him....not only did we draft him, we gave up a first round pick for christ sake

I don't know why you guys get your panties all knotted up whenever someone in the media disparages the Skins. The Skins get 16 chances a year to answer their critics. They've blown 6 of them already, so there's no point whining now.

We've heard lots of reports about Campbell, but no one has seen him in a real NFL game. On Sunday, you'll know as much as Collingsworth.

I agree totally..

WHA???

Sorry, but that makes very little sense. Number one, not whining. Number two I do not wear "panties". Number three you seem to speak without saying much. Oh you must be one of our many politicians. Makes sense now.

WHA???

Sorry, but that makes very little sense. Number one, not whining. Number two I do not wear "panties". Number three you seem to speak without saying much. Oh you must be one of our many politicians. Makes sense now.

Mr. Madd is spot on. Everyone is blowing off the criticism from Collinsworth because it's negative about the Skins. Fact is, the Skins are one of the worst teams in the league right now and all of the criticism that we blew off was probably right (e.g., pastabelly, peter king, etc.).

Collinsworth is probably referring to Saunders and the comment was probably very true back at the beginning of the year. Even though JC hasn't taken a snap, if the guy can't execute the system in practice, it's a fair bet he would be lousy in a real game. Now, hopefully he has it down better and we'll be in okay shape.

WHA???

Whereas Madd might have hyperbolized, his point was correct and did, indeed, make quite a bit of sense. Also, if you haven't heard the pantied-knotted-up cliche, perhaps you should revisit the Guidebook to Standard Illustrative Phrases. It's not generally meant as a slight to your manhood.

Mr. Madd is spot on. Everyone is blowing off the criticism from Collinsworth because it's negative about the Skins. Fact is, the Skins are one of the worst teams in the league right now and all of the criticism that we blew off was probably right (e.g., pastabelly, peter king, etc.).

Collinsworth is probably referring to Saunders and the comment was probably very true back at the beginning of the year. Even though JC hasn't taken a snap, if the guy can't execute the system in practice, it's a fair bet he would be lousy in a real game. Now, hopefully he has it down better and we'll be in okay shape.

a big WHAAA???? to you too.

He was not criticizing the Redskins. He made one statement about a super top secret double dog dare insider. That was it. Furthermore, if this insider thought MB was capable of running this team this year, then that goes to show how much they know. I, among many here knew he was done. For the Skins to stick with him out of some kind of misplaced loyalty clearly shows, that in this case, they made a huge mistake evaluating our QB talent.

Besides even if Jason cannot read defenses, has no sense of pocket, and no accuracy- He could run the ball every play for 5 yards which would be better then screens for no gain. I do not buy it at all.

Archived