Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

First play with Campbell at the helm: Go Deep

skinsngibbs4life

Tampa's D isn't that bad, we might want to let him get in a rhythm first.

Tampa's D is very underrated this year. Simeon Rice is a monster on the end, and he has had his way in the past. I have a feeling they are going to being the pressure all day on campbell.

With that said, why not show them we are prepared to throw the ball deep, and keep the defense honest. It might help keep the pressure off of campbell somewhat

First play with Campbell at the helm: go easy on the high expectations. Let him hand off a few times. Throw a few high-percentage passes. There's no easier way to destroy a young QBs confidence than to force him into throwing risky passes. Ease him into it.

Unless Jason is the next commin of Joe Montana, and slingin Sammy, and the staff has been hiding this fact, I'm guessing his first two snaps will be runs. To just throw deep on his first play in a real game is foolish. He's gonna need a few plays to feel the speed of the game, and get over the gitters that any young QB will have on his first series.

Unless Jason is the next commin of Joe Montana, and slingin Sammy, and the staff has been hiding this fact, I'm guessing his first two snaps will be runs. To just throw deep on his first play in a real game is foolish. He's gonna need a few plays to feel the speed of the game, and get over the gitters that any young QB will have on his first series.
If I was a betting man I would say the same thing.

True, but how great would it be if Campbell launches a bomb to Moss for six?

You can bet the Bucs expect him to hand off on his first play. Joe Gibbs + new QB = lots of runs.

With the first offensive play the skins have next week, I think Saunders should just let it lose. We should just let Campbell air it out. Make a statement with his first pass.

I would love to see this happen.

Man, you read my mind. I was thinking the very same thing while listening to Gibbs speak.

True, but how great would it be if Campbell launches a bomb to Moss for six?

It would be too cool, but I really don't expect to see that till at least the second series :silly: :laugh:

Just because we are going to change QB, doesn't mean we're going to change our basic way of playing the game.

If what happened in the 2004 season when Ramsey came in was any indication, you'll just see more of the same WR screens and dinks and dunks.

Sorry, but this coaching staff is going to have to allow Campbell to make plays. Having said that, I'm glad this team is finally looking towards the future.

I am totally looking forward to the game now. Play Action pass to Cooley, let him get into a rythm early. Then go deep when they don't expect it.

This would be my guess....for productivity

It would be nice if the O-line gave us a good push for Gut/Power though

The D will be looking for a run up the gut so I say play-action

Archived