Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carlos Rogers and Greg Williams

Riggins Seventy Chip

On Comcast last night, Greg Williams was asked about Carlos Rogers and his 12 yard cushion. GW responded something to the effect that he would talk to him after the game about it.

WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD HE WAIT UNTIL AFTER THE GAME???l WHY DOESN"T HE SCREAM AT HIM ON THE SIDELINE OR HALFTIME AND TELL HIM THAT HE WILL BE BENCHED IF HE CONTINUES TO DO THAT??? THIS HAS BEEN A PROBLEM ALL SEASON!! WTF IS WRONG WITH OUR COACHES???????

On Comcast last night, Greg Williams was asked about Carlos Rogers and his 12 yard cushion. GW responded something to the effect that he would talk to him after the game about it.

WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD HE WAIT UNTIL AFTER THE GAME???l WHY DOESN"T HE SCREAM AT HIM ON THE SIDELINE OR HALFTIME AND TELL HIM THAT HE WILL BE BENCHED IF HE CONTINUES TO DO THAT??? THIS HAS BEEN A PROBLEM ALL SEASON!! WTF IS WRONG WITH OUR COACHES???????

already a thread on this but why wait until the 9th game of the season when he has been playing with a cushion all season? its called covering his own ass and his own defensive call, just look on the other side of the field and springs with his cushion

Actually, I know that I may in the minority on this but, he made some key plays yesterday. I knew that he would get bashed for the cushion, but perhaps that is not his call. Could it be that be is doing what GW advices? McNabb was definitely going after him yesterday and I can only remember him giving up one big play (well up until the third quarter because I just had to leave the Linc after that). So, I understand that it is easy to be angry at one person but that is just not wise. The whole D stinks. GW included. :doh:

no..He takes the damn cushion himself hoping he will not get burned. But hello, 6 15 yard passes his way, with his 10 yard cushion and the receiver is in the end zone. I can't stand Rogers and is it me, or has his tackling skills gotten ridiculous??? I mean the Redskins Defensive players DO NOT tackle in a fundamentally correct way...I am sorry but this whole team needs to be revamped.

I am a major fan of the Skins but I cannot remember seeing such a...well, undisciplined unit to be honest.

That response from Williams doesn't really ring true to me. It might if this was the first game we'd seen the DBs, and Rogers in particular, give up huge cushions to receivers. But, it's not.

I wonder what it is that Jerry Gray is doing w/ the DBs. All of our returning players from last year's secondary seem to have taken a step back this year, and I've wondered all season if his coaching has had something to do with it. It may be coincidental, but it's mighty strange that they all seem to be regressing this season.

This guy was a top 10 overall pick, # 9 in the 2005 draft over defensive players that are dominant in the league right now!!! He is horrible, Rogers is becoming an official BUST!!!

I wouldn't officially call him a bust yet. He's not that bad, and plus it takes CB's a few years to get down the NFL game. He needs some work, but seeing Merriman play the way he has isn't helping his case out at all.

Don't give up on him yet, he's not as bad or as good as people talk about him. He's in the middle right now. It's usually year 3 or 4 when you can determine what type of CB you have. Dude, seriously needs to get on the football machine and catch balls like the WR's do.

It's usually year 3 or 4 when you can determine what type of CB you have. Dude, seriously needs to get on the football machine and catch balls like the WR's do.

I love when people say this. Name the CB that was really good that it took 3 or 4 years to get good. D. Green, S. Springs, R. Woodson, D. Sanders, A. Rolle, C. Bailey and most of the really good CBs in the last 20 years of the NFL made the pro bowl their first or second year.

CB is an extinct/skill position. Early in your career you might make some mental mistakes (biting on a double move), but either have the skills to make plays or you don't. Rogers has yet to be a play maker. It seems he might be a competent #2 corner if he has a really good #1 corder opposite him, but I seriously doubt he will be ever become a premiere #1 corner.

Not thats its an excuse but it doesn't help that this D-line is bad too. Our DB's have no faith that the pass rush is gonna get there. Even when the Skins blitz.

That's a good point. It's easy to put all the blame on the secondary, but, I agree, the D-line needs to step up too.

no..He takes the damn cushion himself hoping he will not get burned. But hello, 6 15 yard passes his way, with his 10 yard cushion and the receiver is in the end zone. I can't stand Rogers and is it me, or has his tackling skills gotten ridiculous??? I mean the Redskins Defensive players DO NOT tackle in a fundamentally correct way...I am sorry but this whole team needs to be revamped.

I am a major fan of the Skins but I cannot remember seeing such a...well, undisciplined unit to be honest.

I could not agree more. I HATE GW's approach to coaching. In fact, it is totally beyond me how he and Gibbs co-exist. GW's approach has ALWAYS been to demean players, threaten players, tell them how HORRIBLE they are. That may work for a very short time, but it destroys self confidence. THAT is what has happened to our defense. They show a complete lack of confidence in their play ANDin their demeanor.

It is beyond my comprehension that so many people keep talking about what a brilliant defensive coach he is. Look up the stats. He has had as may defenses in the BOTTOM 10 OF THE NFL as he has had in the top 10. Twice, he went to a team with a top 5 defense, and took them immediately into the bottom 10. Neither of those is the case with the history of any of the real defensive gurus in this league.

It is beyond my comprehension that so many people keep talking about what a brilliant defensive coach he is. Look up the stats. He has had as may defenses in the BOTTOM 10 OF THE NFL as he has had in the top 10. Twice, he went to a team with a top 5 defense, and took them immediately into the bottom 10. Neither of those is the case with the history of any of the real defensive gurus in this league.

Where did you get these stats? I'd like to see them.

I don't get why CR is constantly bashed, but ST gives up a TD because he's a liability in coverage and everything is A-OK.

I'm with you. It's because Taylor is a god around here. Fact is he's played very poorly this year...and when your defense gives up the most deep plays in the league, who is probably more at fault? The CB who gives a 10 yd cushion, or the free safety?

Its all about blame, the owners need to shake things up to save them from a failed investment from the "git-go" and that is over M. Saunders and his 700 page play book. If Mr Gibbs were to step back into the actual coaching and removed M. Saunders from the management of the offense, the Redskins stats would be fantastic right now. Review Mondays Washington Post for more details concering the changes that have happened within the team. What good is a playbook and Millions of Dollars if it is costing you the "W"? Is it Brunell's fault? No- it is management not taking repsonsibility and really looking at their mistakes. The players bust their tail, including Mark Brunell, he knows what is on the line and every play called is made by the man upstairs- calling the shot, not the QB. So instead of doing the right thing, make a scape goat and blame it on the QB, even though he isn't the one calling the plays? How truly shaming by the management- they need to take responsibility for their choices made prior to this season by brining in AL Saunders- that is where the fault lays. The R-Skins when directly "Coached" by Joe Gibbs made it to the play-offs last year- the only difference MAJOR between this year and last (besides the L's) is Al Saunders- the million dollar mistake. Terminate his contract, let Joe get back into doing what he is supposed to do- "COACH" and let the Redskins win- again. Instead of idiotic plays that don't work, taking motivated players and switching their positions which they were very familiar with, to non-effective positions which limit their potentials aka- Chris Cooley- and focusing on the power houses of the team- which we all know well. It isn't about the QB, its about blame- and sure that is the business but the reality of it is- getting rid of Al Saunders and that costly mistake. Sure Brunell, messed up- this past game- but only one interception in the past six games and they bench him? This is how management acts responsible- "blame the troops when they are in command"?

Archived