Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carlos Rogers and Greg Williams

Riggins Seventy Chip

I could not agree more. I HATE GW's approach to coaching. In fact, it is totally beyond me how he and Gibbs co-exist. GW's approach has ALWAYS been to demean players, threaten players, tell them how HORRIBLE they are. That may work for a very short time, but it destroys self confidence. THAT is what has happened to our defense. They show a complete lack of confidence in their play ANDin their demeanor.

It is beyond my comprehension that so many people keep talking about what a brilliant defensive coach he is. Look up the stats. He has had as may defenses in the BOTTOM 10 OF THE NFL as he has had in the top 10. Twice, he went to a team with a top 5 defense, and took them immediately into the bottom 10. Neither of those is the case with the history of any of the real defensive gurus in this league.

I agree, GW tears players down and I think we are seeing the results of his affect over time on a team...he is arrogant and has ego issues.

Gregg Williams was covering his own call, he wanted the cushion. What an ***hole, Springs was the same amount of depth as Rodgers, Williams is a joke. Do you really think Carlos Rodgers wants to give that cushion???

Come on folks, Williams blatently made that call, stop calling for Carlos' head, he's our 2nd best corner.

I guess you would rather see Kenny Wright give the receiver a 12 yard cushion...

IT WAS GW's DEFENSIVE CALL, LOOK AT THE CUSHION SPRINGS GIVES!!!

Some of you don't understand why that cushion can be effective. Using a cushion helps Carlos not only scan the play better, but eliminate any chance of getting beat deep. If the player goes in for say, a button hook, then Carlos can sniff it out and stop the player before he could make a play. Carlos has got enough speed to prevent any swing passes for long gains or any outs or flags that oculd be used for considerably larger gains by using this cushion combined with his speed to stop the play. On the other hand, if he was head on, he could easily get beaten deep, and considering our safety support hasn't been too good, could get scored on, easily. Carlos is still raw, and needs to fine tune his skills before he becomes a better starter.

Archived