Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Here is where most of you are wrong...

HOOS4SKINS

Do you really think Saunders says to throw a screen on 3rd and nine?

\

A screen pass is when the offensive linemen hold a block for about 2 seconds, and then release on their man and head up to the second level (linebackers and the secondary. The qb drops back and throws a dump off pass in the flat to a RB, but can be another receiver as well. This play is VERY obvious, and even the Dlinemen know when it's coming.

In other words, a screen pass has to be SET UP for it to work. You don't just randomly decide that on 3rd and 9 you're going to dump the ball off and the linemen are going to say, OH CRAP SCREEN PASS and release their man and start blocking upfield. Do you?

Brunell WAS the problem. If he starts again then Gibbs IS the problem. If Gibbs still has his job becuase he started Brunnel again, Snyder IS the problem. If Snyder IS the problem, the Redskins are screwed.

:doh:

Well, at least the Chargers and Broncos look like good teams to cheer for.

let's blame saunders cuz nothing gibbs have done is wrong so far...saunders is doing what he does best, call plays that works; boonell can't get it to the WRs, he gets it to Betts only

synder isn't the one finding the playering, it's gibbs and his crew wanting these players and synder just pays them

"Brunell should go"

Brunell is a problem but not the big problem. He is timid and is too quick to get rid of the ball(most of it the O-lines fault, for whatever reason they seem to not be able to pass block) but BRUNELL CAN'T GO DEEP UNLESS IT IS CALLED. The STUPID dink and dunk passes Saunders calls are nobody put SAUNDERS' FAULT!

Injuries are KILLING us on D. If we would have had the D we had last year or the year before we would be fine this year.

Hey you were on with some of this but you are wrong about the dinks and dunks.

Most plays have multiple receivers out, some receivers run deeper routes and some run shorter routes. The QB makes the pass based on his read of what the defense is giving him.

Its rare that a play will be called that has everyone short or everyone deep.

So Brunell is deciding that he will take the easier short dump off. You can see it one so many plays that a receiver is open downfield and he dumps it off.

Saunders did not call that. Brunell chose that receiver.

Do you guys think that the 2 yard passes that are made are dump offs? These plays are called, they are called as high percent passes to act as part of the running game.If they were dump offs brunell would have been on the bench long ago. THE LINE SUCKS,and Brunell is not much better :doh:

I'm not ready to blame Saunders yet. He has a great resume in today's NFL, he just needs a capable QB to run his offense.

I said it before, it's kind of like putting a pinto engine in a Ferrari. Car might look fast, but it'll get spanked by a Civic:laugh:

Do you guys think that the 2 yard passes that are made are dump offs? These plays are called, they are called as high percent passes to act as part of the running game.If they were dump offs brunell would have been on the bench long ago. THE LINE SUCKS,and Brunell is not much better :doh:

How many times was Brunell sacked today? Hit? Hurried? Brunell IS the problem when it comes to offense. Saunders doesn't have the authority to yank Brunell. That is up to Gibbs. Snyder gave Gibbs total control when he brought him back. That means Gibbs is the problem.

Snyder did what the we the fans and the media requested. He backed away and let a football guy handle the team. Snyder did a lot of things I disagreed with in the past but our current situation can be laid completely at the feet of our Head Coach and President of Football Operations.

Lets be honest here, if Joe Gibbs was say Joe Smith would he be getting the kid gloves from us all. I know that I would have been calling for his head in 04 if he wasn't Gibbs. I will always appreciate and respect Joe Gibbs but he is doing a poor job right now. All the adoration in the world won't change that fact. :2cents:

I've seen "Gibbs should be fired!" "Brunell should go" "Gibbs running ancient football" YADA YADA YADA!

First of all Gibbs is NOT THE PROBLEM! He doesn't even call the plays. Al Saunders is the problem. We had the 11th ranked offense last year and only missed depth at WR. We did not need Saunders. Saunders needs to go.

If Gibb's offense is so ancient, tell me why everybody was singing his praises last year for opening up to todays football. Hell we went from near last to right outside the top 10.

Brunell is a problem but not the big problem. He is timid and is too quick to get rid of the ball(most of it the O-lines fault, for whatever reason they seem to not be able to pass block) but BRUNELL CAN'T GO DEEP UNLESS IT IS CALLED. The STUPID dink and dunk passes Saunders calls are nobody put SAUNDERS' FAULT!

Injuries are KILLING us on D. If we would have had the D we had last year or the year before we would be fine this year.

Last but not least the BIGGEST problem since 1998 is Snyder's RETARDED free wheeling spending and mind blowing handouts of draft picks. Is free angency bad? No. Is building your team through it bad? No. Is drastically changing your team through it WHILE throwing your draft picks away to other teams bad? YES! Why do you think our defense sucks? We have NO DEPTH! We need to keep most of our picks instead of throwing them away. Until we learn this we will be VERY HARD pressed to win anything.

All of that said. It is time to bring in Campbell and prepare for the future. This year is over with. I want to see what the future will be like.

How do you know it's Saunders calling all the swing plays and not Brunell throwing the easy check down instead of going down the field?Yea when you got third and a mile a draw play doesn't make much sense.What I can't understand is how someone can be so good in Kansas City and not look good here.I can tell you why because we have no Q.b. and Saunders has had to adjust to his lack of arm strength,Hell it's a designed play when he does throw down field for the wide out to slow down and try and adjust to his under thrown ball.Saunders fault our O-line sucks in run support and blocking?

Archived