Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Champ Bailey

jcameronmk

Not saying you dont. So does the media and they hear the same rumors that everyone else does and i say again you arent special my father use to help with D Greens charity i know they are appraochable everyone heard the same buzz you heard about C bailey Get over yourself

Die Hard's not talking about 'buzz.' He used to own this site before the Redskins acquired it, and they had to deal with him to get it. Trust me, he knows of what he speaks in this case.

All the same. He posted nothing in this thread that gives any so called inside information im sure they did have to deal with him to buy the site just cause they want the site doesnt mean your going to get any special info. I do like the trade except the pick added to it Portis carried this team to the playoffs last year and is a team type guy more so than Champ.

I think the better argument is that once again, we could have traded champ straight up for CP. Like the Duckett, Lloyd, Brunell trades, with some patience and discipline our front office could have saved a high pick. But like free agency, they are too scared to not get what they want and end up overpaying. That is the most frustrating thing.

I agree totally. CP is a class act and is great on and off the field. I feel happy to have him as a Redskin. Champ is having his first good season in a long time. He hasn't even began to do in Denver what CP has done in D.C.

As a Broncos fan, I can assure that this statement is completely false. Champ Bailey shuts down his receiver about 90% of the time. He singlehandedly won us the NE playoff game last year, as well as the home game against San Diego.

I loved Portis as a Bronco but with our mighty running game he was replaceable. Tatum, if healthy, is close to the level of Portis. Best trade in Broncos history except for the Elway one.:cool:

Quit talking down to people. You're using fuzzy logic. Simply stating that it's the case doesn't make it so. RB is less important than CB b/c you can plug in anyone at running back and win, but that's not the case for CB? You're really reaching there. You use a Portis/Betts and Bailey/Rumph analogy. That in itself destroys your credibility. The talent drop off from Rumph to Bailey is far steeper than Portis to Betts. Betts could be the starting back for several teams, can't say the same for Rumph.

Football inherently being probably the sport that requires so much out of a team as a unit cohesively, it's possible to argue that ANY one position is the most important. Your reasoning for that is b/c as I mentioned before you believe RB is somewhat of a plug-and-play position. Explain then please why Portis was able to put up the numbers he did while in Den and Bell has yet to even come CLOSE. The only thing Bell has that Portis has is speed. That's it. There's a reason why Portis was the workhorse while in Den, and Bell has or had to fight off Mike Bell, Ron Dayne, and Cedric Cobbs off for a job. AND couldn't beat Mike Anderson for a job.

Work on backing up your logic. Just b/c you can write if/then sentences, doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.

EDIT: Champ isn't as good as most people think. He just gets all the media attention. Watch BOTH corners for the Ravens play, or Mathis on the Jags, or Hall on the Falcs, or Clements with the Bills, or Vasher with the Bears. All those guys could give Bailey a run for his money. Vasher had an 8 pick year last year as a sophomore. That matches Bailey's best season.

Interceptions are not the only measure of a corner's greatness. QB's are SCARED to throw Champ's way. That hasn't been seen since the days of Neon Deion in his prime. He locked down Marvin Harrison, Hines Ward, and Randy Moss already this season.

I agree totally. CP is a class act and is great on and off the field. I feel happy to have him as a Redskin. Champ is having his first good season in a long time. He hasn't even began to do in Denver what CP has done in D.C.

That is misinformed. Champ has played great every year that he has been in Denver and if you want to talk about a class act then Champ is your man. I miss having Champ and the Broncos got Tatum Bell with that second rounder that they got from us. Not to shabby.

All that being said, CP is the man. I love having Portis on the team and he most certainly has been the face of the francise since coming here. Due to the fact that Bailey was sick of the organization I think it was a good trade for both teams.

Interceptions are not the only measure of a corner's greatness. QB's are SCARED to throw Champ's way. That hasn't been seen since the days of Neon Deion in his prime. He locked down Marvin Harrison, Hines Ward, and Randy Moss already this season.

Good thing locking down Harrison won u guys the game right!

wow, I'm real impressed he "shut down" Moss this season when he had Andrew Walters throwing the ball :rolleyes:

And Ward? Big Ben is hardly a threat as a QB.

reeeeeeaaaaaaaal Impressed :doh:

Good thing locking down Harrison won u guys the game right!

wow, I'm real impressed he "shut down" Moss this season when he had Andrew Walters throwing the ball :rolleyes:

And Ward? Big Ben is hardly a threat as a QB.

reeeeeeaaaaaaaal Impressed :doh:

You are an idiot. Those are three of the best receivers in the league. Without Champ, our defense sucks.

Andrew Walter is not any worse than Aaron Brooks dude.

Big Ben can be good, but he has been shakey to say the least this season.

We lost to the Colts by 3 freakin' points. It simply came down to who got the ball last. How did you guys perform against the Colts anyway?

Bailey left because the same reason Peice , Smoot and Ryan Clark did. The guys hit free agency and expect to be treated like Archaletta.

But the team all of sudden wants to become the Patriots or Eagles, not over paying for guys.

They in turn lose more talent then they give up. They do things for change.

Change is not always good. You do not know how good you have it until its gone.

If the Redskins had resigned Bailey for what he wanted we wouldn't have been able to sign Washington, Daniels or anybody else in 04. And considering that Bailey didn't want to be here anyway made it pretty simple since Gibbs doesn't want those kind of players. He was gone in 05 anyway and cost more to resign that Springs, Washington, and Portis so I don't really think he is worth it.

The 2nd rounder thrown in made no sense though. That was just one more example of Washington overpaying. Almost every signing or trade since Snyder took over the team has been overdone. What other team would have given Archuleta, Carter, or even Griffen the kind of contract they got here? Sure, Griffen has surprised but he was

a nobody when we signed him to a 25Mish contract 3 years ago. Giants fans laughed their asses off at that contract and now we have Arch, Carter, **** even Randel El isn't worth 30M or whatever he got.

This team needs to get its act together or it will never win without a HOF coaching overall inferior talent. Hell, they are having a hard time getting to .500 WITH a HOF coach.

If the Redskins had resigned Bailey for what he wanted we wouldn't have been able to sign Washington, Daniels or anybody else in 04. And considering that Bailey didn't want to be here anyway made it pretty simple since Gibbs doesn't want those kind of players. He was gone in 05 anyway and cost more to resign that Springs, Washington, and Portis so I don't really think he is worth it.

The 2nd rounder thrown in made no sense though. That was just one more example of Washington overpaying. Almost every signing or trade since Snyder took over the team has been overdone. What other team would have given Archuleta, Carter, or even Griffen the kind of contract they got here? Sure, Griffen has surprised but he was

a nobody when we signed him to a 25Mish contract 3 years ago. Giants fans laughed their asses off at that contract and now we have Arch, Carter, **** even Randel El isn't worth 30M or whatever he got.

This team needs to get its act together or it will never win without a HOF coaching overall inferior talent. Hell, they are having a hard time getting to .500 WITH a HOF coach.

Thats BS. He did not want that much. He got less then Portis. They could of signed everybody besides Springs.

The bottom line why we did not sign Champ is because of Snyder.

Snyder did not draft him so he did not care for him. Same with Smoot and Peirce.

Snyder wanted his own type of players. I AM almost POSTITIVE the reason we did not sign Smoot and Peirce was because Marty drafted them.

Clinton Portis Is on pace to be one of the best running backs to ever play in the NFL. Look at where Clinton Portis is on All-time NFL Stats/records. He is probally gonna be the best Redskins Running Back ever if we actually USE HIM COUGH COUGH JOE GIBBS WTF? USE HIM COUGH COUGH.:doh:

Stop with the silly stats. He is on pace to get more yards than anybody because he has more carries than anybody.

Well almost. He is only behind Rudy Johnson and Shawn Alexander for most carries.

His average is not very good. He is even hinting that his body is slowing down. He does not know how much longer he can do it.

Running backs and stats are all realtive anyways. Moft of it has to do with the offensive line.

Champ Bailey is on island. He taking the best WR out of the game usually.

You know how important that is? That means you could use a Sean Taylor more to stop the run and jam guys at the line of scrimmage .

Taylor would be a Ed Reed. A ball hawker. But now he is stuck playing deep because the corners are so suspect.

Springs is only good when his body feels like it. He is always hurt.

Archived