Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Randal El summed in with ONE PASS why Brunell should be taken out..

NoCalMike

QFT :applause: I was trying to stay away from Brunell topics. I knew that because we won that any critiquing of his play would lead to some...well interesting threads. We won yesterday for the same reason we pulled out victories in 04 and 05. The defense. Everyone was healthy and it showed in GW's play calling.

I will give Mark credit for actually going downfield and throwing to the middle. That said, I did notice that on a good number of plays the coaching staff left him with no RB to check down to. The one play that really got to me was when he failed to run for the first down. I was literally screaming at the TV. My mother being present was the only thing that kept me from going into a profanity laden tirade. We can't win a Super Bowl with a QB of Brunell's caliber. He just doesn't have it anymore.

On a side note, Brandon Lloyd was outstanding yesterday. He is the one player on offense that has been derided without justification, not Brunell. That guy has fire and his killer block is what allowed CP to get that TD. Glad to have you #85. I hope to see you getting more balls thrown your way. :2cents:

Hey, I'm wondering if you think it's a coincidence that most pro-Brunell people were blaming our losses on the defense, and in the one game where our defense shows up (and plays OK, not very well [100+ yds given up on the ground, 275+ through the air]) we win the game. Is that just a coincidence or do you think the pro-Brunell side might be on to something?

:doh: Do you even watch the game? Or do you just come on here and start talking out of your @$$? Burnell threw lazer after lazer down the field yesterday, the only bad pass he threw was to Cooley in the endzone that Cooley still caught. Please start watching the game and not just makeing not so smart comments about it.

These people hate Brunell so much that they see fault in everything he does. If he threw 5 TDs, he would suck because it was really Lloyd or Cooley that did all the work.

This guy is saying that if Brunell threw a long ball like Randle-El's it would most likely be incomplete or intercepted. Hmmm...3 interceptions on the year. Plenty of long balls thrown yesterday. Dude was playing against a top 10 defense without Santana Moss...he's not gonna look like Peyton Manning. He did a very good job.

is it just me or is Ladell starting to look a lil more productive than Portis these days, I mean Portis was strugglin bad out there yesterday, with the exception of the one play, he was ineffective. Im not sure why we didn't give TJ a shot at the 7 tries we had to get that ball in, are you still going to tell me that he doesn't know the offense well enough yet to run a 4yd. play???

If were going to make a serious run at this thing, we can't keep relying on luck to get us over, Im happy and thankful for the win, but if that was our "A", game, were going to have troubles down the road. Portis has to be the dangerous runner we need him to be, otherwise, we're going to find all of our recievers, double covered because they wont respect our run game.

"

to his credit...he didn't turn the ball over. the difference? MB set his kicker up for a 49 yard field goal. Romo sits to pee set his kicker up for a 35 yard field goal when it mattered most. MB continues to be servicable...but he is holding theis offense back...the original post is spot on - you can see it every time you watch another team's QB.

I don't think its to his credit that he didn't turn the ball over. He should have fallen on that fumble. He threw a sure pick right to Roy Williams. Roy catches that ball 9 times out of 10. He also threw a couple other balls that should have been picked. He didn't play well enough to win this game without some lucky breaks. Unfortunately that's as good as he can play. Romo sits to pee looked real good. I'm happy about the win, but concerned about the future.

I personally thought this was Brunell's best game of the season. He actually had the guts to throw it downfield.

I was elated to see Brunell grow some gonads and throw deep downfield for a change. However, he is doing it out of mere desparation as he knows that his job is in jeapordy. JC is the future and the future is now.

I was elated to see Brunell grow some gonads and throw deep downfield for a change. However, he is doing it out of mere desparation as he knows that his job is in jeapordy. JC is the future and the future is now.

Brunell seems to play a little better with his ass on the line. He did nothing special, but at least he forced it deep... good things happened when we did that - either completions or pass interference.

no you shut your pie hole. he was making an observation. I was at the game and can confirm his conclusion. perhaps people like you who cannot hold two ideas in one mind simultaneously need to examine your own limitations. One can enjoy the win and focus on what are the long term needs.

people like you make me want to puke.

People like what? Without hate? Or without ignorance? Or maybe both.

I understand the longterm implications involved with our quarterback position. I also understand that I have heard players publicly say that JC is not ready, that he is just "not getting" the Al Saunders offense.

Is Brunnell the best choice for our team right now from what we have available? Yes.

Is he going to win games for us? No. But he won't lose them either. He errs on the side of caution. I admit, sometimes too much. BUt the man has 3 INT's and a 91.5 passer rating (that's 8th overall in the NFL) this season.

Oh BTW, you want to puke again? Wasn't there enough verbal diarrhea in your posts? :)

I'm a so called Brunell hater, but I'll give the man credit he finally had the guts to throw the ball down the middle of the field deep. Going deep like a bomb isn't the issue to me. The issue was him going down the middle of the field. I'm happy that the dude finally had the heart to go down the middle of the field. Hopefully that can continue.

First of all, yes the Redskins beat the Cowboys, and I am as happy as anyone....I will spend the week basking in the win....

However, just because we won, an emotional game, against a heated rival, doesn't mean we should just overlook everything........

On the trick play the Skins ran with Randal El Throwing the ball, he showed why you absolutely NEED a QB that can throw the ball downfield. If Brunell throws that same pass, much like he did earlier to Lloyd, not only does it not draw the Pass Interference(which was by the way a TD saving penalty), but it probably is dropped or Intercepted........I saw two instances where easily Brunell could have cost the game, the first was the pass to Lloyd in which lloyd had a step on the WR and Brunell underthrows it causing Lloyd to stop and backtrack to the ball which gives the corner, time to get to the ball, and then the TD pass to Cooley was thrown extremely late and almost cost a sure, wide open TD, that Cooley, despite the throw, was able to hold onto and make a catch.

I am sick and tired of being in the bar and seeing random QB on this team and/or that team, be able to change games in mere seconds because a player breaks open downfield and they are able to deliver the ball.....

C'mon guys, he is totally right. Mark Brunell CANNOT win in this league!

:doh:

This game had me whiteknuckled quite a few times, but... Hail

"People like what? Without hate? Or without ignorance? Or maybe both.

I understand the longterm implications involved with our quarterback position. I also understand that I have heard players publicly say that JC is not ready, that he is just "not getting" the Al Saunders offense.

Is Brunnell the best choice for our team right now from what we have available? Yes.

Is he going to win games for us? No. But he won't lose them either. He errs on the side of caution. I admit, sometimes too much. BUt the man has 3 INT's and a 91.5 passer rating (that's 8th overall in the NFL) this season.

Oh BTW, you want to puke again? Wasn't there enough verbal diarrhea in your posts?"

the point...nitwit...is that folks like you who want to control the message can't tolerate contrarian povs. YOU are the ones who come on the board and attempt to silence people for the pathetic reason that you don't care for the tone.

You reap what you sew. I could care less whether you find deeper "meaning" in my posts or not. I will continue to attack you all until you practice what you preach.

the point...nitwit...is that folks like you who want to control the message can't tolerate contrarian povs. YOU are the ones who come on the board and attempt to silence people for the pathetic reason that you don't care for the tone.

You reap what you sew. I could care less whether you find deeper "meaning" in my posts or not. I will continue to attack you all until you practice what you preach.

Nitwit is it now? "Deeper Meaning"? Is there any? I think not.

Control the message? You should be more worried about controlling your keyboard or better yet, just use a spellchecker. Its "reap what you SOW."

And how about that handy dandy "quote" button in the bottom right?

Nitwit indeed. :doh:

"Nitwit is it now? "Deeper Meaning"? Is there any? I think not.

Control the message? You should be more worried about controlling your keyboard or better yet, just use a spellchecker. Its "reap what you SOW."

Nitwit indeed.

you're right on the spelling....I can always use a capable secretary to catch these sort of critical message board crimes. if you are interested! you seem well suited for the role.

and the point...which you did not address...still stands. but that is no surprise.

"Nitwit is it now? "Deeper Meaning"? Is there any? I think not.

Nitwit indeed.

you're right on the spelling....I can always use a capable secretary to catch these sort of critical message board crimes. if you are interested! you seem well suited for the role.

and the point...which you did not address...still stands. but that is no surprise.

Because I disagree with the OP and you, I'm controlling the message board? Yeah right. You are worse than I thought. Who's trying to control people's responses again? :rolleyes:

Hypocrit.

dude...NoCal made a legit post and folks, including you, who didn't like the tone (or whose "karma/good vibes" were being assaulted) tried to shut him down. I don't much care about any of the other ideas in this thread. that alone is reason enough. let's get cause and effect straight here.

dude...NoCal made a legit post and folks, including you, who didn't like the tone (or whose "karma/good vibes" were being assaulted) tried to shut him down. I don't much care about any of the other ideas in this thread. that alone is reason enough. let's get cause and effect straight here.
Maybe if there weren't 25 thousand other Brunell-bash threads already this season, you would have a leg to stand on.

Me, I was posting my opinion. You got a problem with that Boo-bird?

No, you need to face the facts. Brunell is an above-average starting NFL QB. We've been saying it for 2 or 3 weeks now: if the defense steps up, Brunell can win games for us. And what do you know? We see some improvement on defense, and suddenly we catch a W. The unfortunate reality is, no matter how good your QB is, you are not going to win many games with the #29 defense in the NFL.

Call it a "fluke" win. Call it what you want. All I know is that there have been several gripes against the defense this year, and one of them is that they don't come up with turnovers. Well, there you have it. They finally got a turnover, and it ended up with us winning the game.

And you're right, it is definitely unacceptable for a QB at the NFL level to not be able to throw the deep ball.

Check out the Colts, 7-0. I'm not sure exactly where their D is ranked, but it is near the bottom. Yeah, I know Peyton Manning is the exception rather then the rule when it comes to QB's, but Mark is not above average. Even if he was, we pay him 45 mil. to be above average?

Archived