Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Autographed Joe Gibbs Medallion Album

Dblaze1119

So you go to "show support" by seeing them return from redskins park and Joe Gibbs is kind enough to autograph several things for you out of gratitude. Nice story, except for the part where you turn right around and throw the **** on ebay to try and make a buck. Hope you feel like it's worth it, cuz I sure as hell dont. Can't put a price on those kinds of things

Since i already had two autographed Medallion albums. He signed another one,.What is wrong with sharing that with someone who cant be here to get an autograph. I love how both of you know exactly what Joe Gibbs is thinking when he autographs something ,

Opinions are like a holes everybodys got one

What is wrong with sharing that with someone who cant be here to get an autograph.

"sharing it" means SELLING it on ebay with an initial Buy it Now option of $100??? You're right, that is one good deed you're doing for someone.:rolleyes:

I've attended sendoffs/welcome homes last year at Redskins park. Gibbs signed my Marcus Washington jersey (which i wear every sunday) and another racing pamphlet for my wife (we put that in our Skins' scrapbook). Personally, i was incredibly disappointed and pissed when i saw this thread. IMO, you're a poor representation of the folks that support our team at Redskin Park.

It's one thing to "share" an autograph with another fan..it's another to sell it and try to make alot of $$$. I guess you finally removed the $100 "Buy it Now" option on your ebay auction...whooopity doo:doh:

My suggestion: give the autograph to a fellow ES member that lives out of state and can't make it to any Redskins games, welcome homes/sendoffs, or Redskin park. They can pay the $5 shipping. But hey, that's just my opinion.:2cents:

"sharing it" means SELLING it on ebay with an initial Buy it Now option of $100??? You're right, that is one good deed you're doing for someone.:rolleyes:

I've attended sendoffs/welcome homes last year at Redskins park. Gibbs signed my Marcus Washington jersey (which i wear every sunday) and another racing pamphlet for my wife (we put that in our Skins' scrapbook). Personally, i was incredibly disappointed and pissed when i saw this thread. IMO, you're a poor representation of the folks that support our team at Redskin Park.

It's one thing to "share" an autograph with another fan..it's another to sell it and try to make alot of $$$. I guess you finally removed the $100 "Buy it Now" option on your ebay auction...whooopity doo:doh:

My suggestion: give the autograph to a fellow ES member that lives out of state and can't make it to any Redskins games, welcome homes/sendoffs, or Redskin park. They can pay the $5 shipping. But hey, that's just my opinion.:2cents:

If you don't know dblaze or how long he has been a dedicated Skins fan you need to lighten up. The man only sells what he has excess amounts of. He sees JG alot because he is usually supporting the team by being there whenever possible. Dblaze has alot of Redskins signed items and his son has duplicates of it all. Beyond that he doesn't owe anybody "S". If I lived elsewhere and couldn't get anything I'd be happy to buy it from D. I would be damn greatful to Dblaze for putting it out there for sale.

If you don't know dblaze or how long he has been a dedicated Skins fan you need to lighten up. The man only sells what he has excess amounts of. He sees JG alot because he is usually supporting the team by being there whenever possible. Dblaze has alot of Redskins signed items and his son has duplicates of it all. Beyond that he doesn't owe anybody "S". If I lived elsewhere and couldn't get anything I'd be happy to buy it from D. I would be damn greatful to Dblaze for putting it out there for sale.

How much is your cut? :laugh:

Well, here's my problem with the whole situation. First, if he already had 2 signed albums like you say, what's the point of getting Gibbs to sign a third one?? You guessed...to put in on ebay two days after the "welcome home" and make some $$$ (just like he's doing).

Also, it's not like Dblaze is new to selling stuff on Ebay. If you look at his member name (s.gifcola0512) and EBAY sales history, you will see he sells a ton of Skins stuff. More importantly, he's advertised in different ES forums for medallion sales. If you look at some of his posts about the medallions:

He's pretty much spammed the forums trying to direct attention to his ebay auctions:

Comments like: "they shipped to me fast," "this person has all of them on Ebay," Well, are they your items or are you just posting like you bought them from someone else??

It's obvious that his purpose is to make a profit on ebay by directing ES members to his countless medallion auctions.

Now here's my problem. I really dont have an issue with people selling on EBAY. the problem i have is people like this showing up to Redskin park, Medallion Album in hand (when he doesnt even need another autograph b/c he has 'duplicates'), and getting Gibbs' autograph with the sole purpose of making a quick $$$ and selling it on EBAY the next day. It just pisses me off knowing that when i showup at Redskin park, there are people lining up to get autographs just to resale them and make $$$...that's not what those events are supposed to be about IMO.

If people recall, there were several ES members that got bashed in the "welcome home" thread for saying that some people were going with a main intention of getting autographs. I defended those being attacked but now i see it holds a little truth.

If you want to get autographs from Gibbs during the welcome homes, etc and sell them on ebay, so be it. Just dont expect everyone here to support it when you list a "buy it now" at $100 and come to the ES message boards to promote your signed items. Furthermore, dont try and pass it off like your doing a service to fellow board members. You are trying to make an extra dollar. You got something signed at a "welcome home," put it on ebay the day after, and promoted it here. Those are the EXACT people that fellow ES members were talking about in that welcome home thread. Unfortunately, this shows there was validity to that argument.

Well stated BETTERMAN. I agree with you 100%.

We live in a free market society. Those that have and can get sell to those that don't and can't. Those who don't get this have a tough road ahead. Business is business. You're a bunch of sour whiners sticking your nose in things that are of noe or your concern. And whats my cut? Please... Six figures get me excited I don't need a cut of ebay sales. Do your thing Blaze.

You're a bunch of sour whiners sticking your nose in things that are of noe or your concern. .

Posting in a public forum makes it a concern for everyone registered to this site. Dont want feedback?? Dont advertise here..simple as that. Just like we call out people trying to sell tix at 3 times face value, we can call out people trying to make a fast buck on ebay as well. If you dont want a response from other registered members, place an add in the Classifieds section of the Washington Post instead.:2cents::moon:

I think it's awful and you are a wretched, horrible human being.

Gifts are gifts. I don't care if you've got duplicates... than tell the man you've already got them when he's handing them out and politely decline.

Damn, you're such a Redskins fan that you go down to welcome the team.... and Gibbs offers a nice PERSONAL gesture... and that's how you repay the dude? Just friggin terrible.

Here is what a redskins fan that really "gets it" does with the very kind gift Coach Gibbs went out of his way to give him.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178574

It allows someone that does not have the chance to come to the park to have a real piece of Gibbs memorbelia and honors the fact that Gibbs took the time to make a nice gesture to some fans.

Classy move :applause::applause::applause::applause:

I think it's awful and you are a wretched, horrible human being.

Gifts are gifts. I don't care if you've got duplicates... than tell the man you've already got them when he's handing them out and politely decline.

Damn, you're such a Redskins fan that you go down to welcome the team.... and Gibbs offers a nice PERSONAL gesture... and that's how you repay the dude? Just friggin terrible.

It's not for me to judge what folks do with their stuff....

Huly and I have decided to auction off our book here on ES, and all proceeds are going to Joe Gibbs' Youth for life charity...

It's not for me to judge what folks do with their stuff....

Huly and I have decided to auction off our book here on ES, and all proceeds are going to Joe Gibbs' Youth for life charity...

But Huly does not like it when people get autographs to sell for a profit!

Archived