Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

QB in Great Standing

MCruz1984

Hey man I respect that...But then again you have to ask what is the reasoning that MB allows goes with the screen or dump offs...This guy has been playing for over 14 years in the NFL, so he knows what he is doing...I honestly blame a lot of the problems for our offense on Al Saunders...I think that his system may have worked with the personnel in KC, but its not proven to be successful in Washington...I think the offensive playcalling has been mediocre at best and Gibbs should take control of the playcalling...I agree I would love to see MB go downfield more, but lets face it, our O-Line rarely gives him enough time to go through his reads...You can't be a playmaker has a QB when you have defenders in your face as soon as the ball is snapped to you...Look how well MB does when he has protection...There is more to this problem than Brunell and a lot of the fans need to realize that...The playcalling is lousy and the O-Line is pretty damn mediocre...CP isn't exactly tearing up the charts right now and a lot of that is b/c no holes are being created..

Do you think that KC has better personel? I can give you that Trent Green is a better QB then Mark, but both are not known to have rocket arms. How about WR, I would think that our WR's are much better then the no names out there. AS also used T. Gonzalez a lot in the offence which we have more then a capable TE doing in Cooley.

Has our Oline been great, far from it, but I dont think it is as bad as what other people are saying. Someone brought up a stat that he is getting sacked every 18 plays, which is not a lot. Also again defences are playing us to beat us in the air and is starting to stack the line against our run, like the last place defence against the run Indy did against us.

We bought in Clinton because he was a top 3 RB, and now we blame the OLine for not opening big enough holes for him. Since he has been here, I dont think that Clinton has juked or made someone miss like for example Tiki Barber, Ladanian does. We would of been just as good not making the trade for him, try to keep Champ and have L. Betts as our RB.

One of the main reasons that MB doesn't get sacked to often is that he is smart...He is very good at getting rid of the ball rather than taking a sack...I'm sorry and I know people will disagree, but I still have to put the blame on the O-Line and I hate to do that b/c I love those front guys...If you rewind and take a look back at this season, every game the O-Line has held their own we have won or played better than average...Each time we lost the O-Line has crumpled (with the exception of the Titans)... Therefore I just don't see Brunell being the problem and honest to god I hope that he starts for us next year...

Do you think that KC has better personel? I can give you that Trent Green is a better QB then Mark, but both are not known to have rocket arms. How about WR, I would think that our WR's are much better then the no names out there. AS also used T. Gonzalez a lot in the offence which we have more then a capable TE doing in Cooley.

Has our Oline been great, far from it, but I dont think it is as bad as what other people are saying. Someone brought up a stat that he is getting sacked every 18 plays, which is not a lot. Also again defences are playing us to beat us in the air and is starting to stack the line against our run, like the last place defence against the run Indy did against us.

We bought in Clinton because he was a top 3 RB, and now we blame the OLine for not opening big enough holes for him. Since he has been here, I dont think that Clinton has juked or made someone miss like for example Tiki Barber, Ladanian does. We would of been just as good not making the trade for him, try to keep Champ and have L. Betts as our RB.

One of the main reasons that MB doesn't get sacked to often is that he is smart...He is very good at getting rid of the ball rather than taking a sack...I'm sorry and I know people will disagree, but I still have to put the blame on the O-Line and I hate to do that b/c I love those front guys...If you rewind and take a look back at this season, every game the O-Line has held their own we have won or played better than average...Each time we lost the O-Line has crumpled (with the exception of the Titans)... Therefore I just don't see Brunell being the problem and honest to god I hope that he starts for us next year...

good post...and you are right, but you don't have to make appoligies for seeing the defeciencies (sp?) of our O-line....they are the number one reason for our offensive failures this year. It's not MB.

Notice too when he takes most of his sacks during the game it's when we are forced to throw the ball when we are behind late in the game in sure passing downs. Not that the pass protection is any better during the other parts of the game it's just he's able to throw it away sooner.

I agree that MB is not the only problem, however he is part of the problem. What people mean by watch the game, is because hes so inconcistant. Also this year when he is consistance hes passes are very short and easy to make. At times this year especially during the dallas game he has made hurrendus passes 10ft from the intended receiver sometimes further. Experts including other coaches and coaches on our staff have mentioned several times he has problems with his reads. I dont know if JC will be good at this or not because we havent seen. However, this is big thing that myself and a lot of others complain about. THis is the difference between a mark brunnell, or drew bledsow vs a peyton manning or Tom brady. We picked up several hot shot wrs, and there open a lot but MB has his mind on a individual reciever before the play starts (SM 80%+ of the time).

He also plays like **** and we have no offence when he is hurt in anyway, IE. end of last season. We won because of our defense, during the last several games and the playoff game.

THat being said, I think the big defference with this team this year and last year is just that, The Defense.

HOWEVER, we would not need the defense we had last year, if we had a qb who made more use out of the wr talent we have.

I'm telling you...It seems that so many of these people on Extreme Skins wish that MB would get into a car accident on his way to the stadium and die...Its sickening and your right even if Brunell plays well they still call for his head...Go figure...

Play's well? I will give MB the benefit of the doubt and say he has played well in 2 games this season. He did not play well in any preseason games and faded for at least the last 4 games of last year inc. the playoffs.

It comes down to the money people, the money.........Brunell has been paid GREAT money and he's performing ok (and thats highly debatable). You dont want to pay Great money for an ok performance. We're so quick to talk about how some of these other guys are overpaid bust..........Mark Brunell isn't doing charity work here either! :2cents:

Stats mean nothing, he cant stretch the field, he drops back to much and doesnt seem to look at any wide receiver except moss. If our players werent so damn good after the catch, Brunell's stats would also be crap.

Stop talking about his 22 in a row record, thats bassicaly saying a quarterback was able to hand the ball off 22 times in a row because all the passes were behind the line of scrimmage.

It's best not to argue with the ignorant. No matter what you say, or how well Brunell plays, these people will crop up out of the wood work with some reason why he sucks.....

...You might as well try to tell a liberal 911 conspiracy theororist that Islamo facist al-quida members blew up the WTC and the Pentagon....:rolleyes:

Way to use this thread for a political cheapshot, if you want to argue with stupid liberals and dumbass conservatives that think that our government or Iraq's government is responsible for 09/11, then put it in the tailgate...wait a minute...umm...about Brunell...

he padded his stats on that last drive against Indy. I say if he plays poorly against Dallas then it's time for Campbell, we should start Campbell now, but just to be sure let's let Mark throw 20 screen passes and 5 slants to lose the game to Dallas, killing any hopes of a Wildcard shot, then we can use the rest of the season to build Campbell for next year.

People dog out Brunell because he's throwing dump off and screen passes.

This offense does not even come close to resembling the KC offense of the last few years. That offense was a vertical attacking offense, thats why their screens worked so well, the Safeties had to play back and couldn't stuff the line because Trent Green could make throws down the field.

Look at Marks numbers, 1465 passing yards.

He's also only averaging 7.1yds per completion.

The amount of that is YAC (yards after catch) 864 yards. Thats ok if we run a west coast offense but the offense its not supposed to be that. You take that out of his passing stats and ol MB has 601 true passing yards. Thas pathetic.

We have playmakers on this team and with the inability to stretch the field or hit mid routes we using a modified WC to play down to MB.

His inability to convert long pass plays is hurting the running game. the only time we put up decent stats is at the end of games when teams go to prevent.

Stats don't mean **** look at Carr in Houston he's having his greatest statistical year. You think their fans are excited about that?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/teams/stats/2006/redskins/index.html

Mark Brunell, #8-QB

div.snapshotLabel {text-align:center; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px;} div.snapshotText { text-align:center; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; position:relative; font-weight:bold; top:0px; left:0px; color:#000; font-size: 18px; } table.bgBdrStats {background-color:#ccc;} table.bgBdrStats td {background-color:#eee; font-family:verdana; color:#000; font-size:10px; text-align:center;}

TD

INT

YDS

RATING

Why in the hell do you people want Brunell benched??? He doesn't have a great deal of TD passes, but everything else is above average...Start bashing other player personnel and leave the man alone!!!

:logo: :logo: :logo:

I pretty much said the same thing in this thread http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3116424#post3116424

not to mention that he had that he had 106.4 qb rating this game.

Watch the Skins passing game.

Now watch any other NFL team's passing game.

Case closed.

We have some real talent at receiver yet Brunell goes vertical only two or three times a game -- other qbs do that on one drive. If it's anything more than 3rd and give, the skins are doomed.

His stats have been helped by receivers making a lot of yards after the catch and by at least three garbage quarters.

Archived