Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"I'm outta here"

skinsfan51

I just watched CP's interview at www.redskins.com. He can't wait to get away from Redskins Park once he's given the green light to go. I seemed like a passing comment, but I see more in it than what appears, and I doubt that CP is alone in his feelings. It's not a good thing when guys want to get away from the team. I understand it, but it's not good. We're a mess right now. :doh:

Seven rushes for 1 yard in the first half will do that to ya. Portis has been trying, but either he's hurt or his line is worthless. He can't get the corner and he's not pushing the middle at all. He's also just not breaking many tackles. Brunell shares in this. His goal line passing attack has compressed the defense very tight, but Portis can't say... put it on me one week and then I'm outta here the next. He, like the entire team, failed to come through.

The "Blueprint" was established last season... RUN THE BALL WITH CLINTON PORTIS!!! Last season, we could use playaction but this season, all we do are dump offs and screens. The playaction is dead in the Redskins offensive philosophy. The problem last season is that we had no playmaker opposite Moss. We initially solved it with the trade for Brandon Lloyd, only to make matters worse by signing Randle-El.

We had Ryan Clark, a TEAM PLAYER, who knew the defense, performed and was a locker room guy with team chemistry but we wanted a "flashy" signing and got a bum named Adam Archuleta that played on a 6-10 team that allowed 429 points. His contribution during the 2005 season was ONE interception and 3.5 sacks. WOW... that parlayed to a $30M contract with a $10M signing bonus.

BTW, Ryan Clark had 3 picks and a sack for us last season... Now we can't buy any...

This is getting old... We all sound like a broken record singing the same tired azz song.

:mad:

This is the same o-line we had last year... All of them are pro-bowl caliber guys. It's got to be the apparent lack of a deep threat, the only explanation is that there is too much defense baring down on them for the blocking to work.

I was going to start a thread about this too, you beat me too it. If you watch the post-game locker room interviews a lot of the players feel the same way right now. VERY SCARY!!!

Football is over for us and we're not even out of October yet!!! Highnsight (sp???) is always 20/20 but the Saunders' signing was a killer to this season, hope it brings better results next year!! :doh:

Football is over for us and we're not even out of October yet!!! Highnsight (sp???) is always 20/20 but the Saunders' signing was a killer to this season, hope it brings better results next year!! :doh:

Well maybe this was a move for the long-term...someone to come in and establish a current NFL offense so that we can win in the future...

I'm being optimistic I know, but if the players would quit ****ing about last year and buy in to the new system, we'd get past the learning curve a lot more quickly. :2cents:

The "Blueprint" was established last season... RUN THE BALL WITH CLINTON PORTIS!!! Last season, we could use playaction but this season, all we do are dump offs and screens. The playaction is dead in the Redskins offensive philosophy. The problem last season is that we had no playmaker opposite Moss. We initially solved it with the trade for Brandon Lloyd, only to make matters worse by signing Randle-El.

We had Ryan Clark, a TEAM PLAYER, who knew the defense, performed and was a locker room guy with team chemistry but we wanted a "flashy" signing and got a bum named Adam Archuleta that played on a 6-10 team that allowed 429 points. His contribution during the 2005 season was ONE interception and 3.5 sacks. WOW... that parlayed to a $30M contract with a $10M signing bonus.

BTW, Ryan Clark had 3 picks and a sack for us last season... Now we can't buy any...

This is getting old... We all sound like a broken record singing the same tired azz song.

:mad:

And Archuleta only played 14 games in 2005. Guess how many sacks and Interceptions Sean Taylor had???

1 sack and two interceptions...hmmm...should we try and trade him for Ryan Clark? :rolleyes:

I don't understand where all the sympathy comes from on this board when it comes to Clinton Portis like, I feel sorry for him, he has every right to be pissed off and :blahblah: :blahblah: It makes me want to :puke:. Some of you are acting like the coaches are screwing him.:doh:

He is not the only one on this team who can make plays. You don't hear Moss, Cooley, ARE or even Loyd saying anything close to what Clinton says sometimes. You don't see these guys limping off every other play or laying on the field either! I feel so sorry for Clinton he's not getting his stats.:cry:

If my memory serves me right he seems to be the one on the verge of always saying the wrong thing. The two best examples I can think of is 1) Why am I playing in preseason? 2) I'm not being used right and now his newest one I'm getting the hell out of here! I say :ciao: Wouldn't bother me one bit if we made a deal for him. :2cents:

let me see our coaches are calling 3 second drops, our running game can not open up lanes, and our qb first option is the flats

Someone is finally saying what is wrong, and it is not the QB not the RB but the OL is terrible, we played the worst team against the run and nothing :doh: It is very clear what the problem with this team is and few want to think it is not Brunell.

This is the same o-line we had last year... All of them are pro-bowl caliber guys. It's got to be the apparent lack of a deep threat, the only explanation is that there is too much defense baring down on them for the blocking to work.

I agree Its hard for 5 guys to block 7 or 8 every play, Throw in the DBs playing so close to the line, and that equals no running game

Well maybe this was a move for the long-term...someone to come in and establish a current NFL offense so that we can win in the future...

I'm being optimistic I know, but if the players would quit ****ing about last year and buy in to the new system, we'd get past the learning curve a lot more quickly. :2cents:

I hear ya and I hope you're right. Other than the thoughts the coaches are keeping JC out till there's no expectations for him to fill this year to keep his confidence intact, and the line grasping the blocking schemes so he doesn't get killed...I want him to see him to be sure he's our QB of the future. At least gives us a reason to watch too. :doh:

I don't understand where all the sympathy comes from on this board when it comes to Clinton Portis like, I feel sorry for him, he has every right to be pissed off and :blahblah: :blahblah: It makes me want to :puke:. Some of you are acting like the coaches are screwing him.:doh:

He is not the only one on this team who can make plays. You don't hear Moss, Cooley, ARE or even Loyd saying anything close to what Clinton says sometimes. You don't see these guys limping off every other play or laying on the field either! I feel so sorry for Clinton he's not getting his stats.:cry:

If my memory serves me right he seems to be the one on the verge of always saying the wrong thing. The two best examples I can think of is 1) Why am I playing in preseason? 2) I'm not being used right and now his newest one I'm getting the hell out of here! I say :ciao: Wouldn't bother me one bit if we made a deal for him. :2cents:

These are the Redskins, not the "Stepford" Redskins. Guys respond to losing and injury differently. I'm glad he is emotional and he says what he feels.

Joe Gibbs strength has always been great decision making. Somehow he's gotten softer over the years. Why he keeps sticking with an old QB who can't throw beyond his nose beats me. What do we benefit from playing a QB who can't throw for more than 150yds per game (net of garbage yards)? Jason Campbell can give us the same production and better and oh by the way, he's a young QB. This is a no brainer yet it has eluded Gibbs. ... The entire plot was lost when Gibbs misused the opportunity to play Jason against Houston.... I tell you, at 2-5, if Campbell don't come out of the bye as the starting QB, I may have to burn one of my B&G shirts. This is bullcrap! Give us Jason! He can't be any worse.

Archived