Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another Brunell Supporter Gives his Resignation and Saunders on the sideline...

#98QBKiller

I agree with change immediately. However, if the frontline doesn't get off its you know what, I don't care who you put in. Also, as quiet as it is kept, Carlos Rogers need to be benched. He has been burned every game by a big play that requires him to interfere. Think about it.

I'm getting there.

But I keep thinking, maybe Jason Campbell just isn't ready. He has to deal with this so called 700 page playbook also. At least he has a lot of time to study the damn thing.

I wish we'd go back to the offense from last year. I mean, Brunell even threw deep passes last year :doh:

I'm getting there.

But I keep thinking, maybe Jason Campbell just isn't ready. He has to deal with this so called 700 page playbook also. At least he has a lot of time to study the damn thing.

I wish we'd go back to the offense from last year. I mean, Brunell even threw deep passes last year :doh:

Brunell threw deep passes last year??? :laugh:

I really don't know what defines being ready in the NFL... but I do know this... Brunell is not doing anything that Jason can't do.

I mean, 700 page play book or not, when you check down 90% of the time, what does it matter. I mean, Betts is our 2nd leading receiver. C'mon.

It's not time yet. Brunell gives us the best chance to win, and he played a hell of a game yesterday. The reason he checked down yesterday was b/c Samuels and co. couldn't block Aunt Esta yesterday much less the Colts' rush. Brunell is staying in, so get used to it until we're mathematically out of the post season. You'll have to wait for two or three more losses which may or may not happen. Don't be surprised if this team goes on a run especially if everyone can get healthy in the next two weeks.

HTTR

Does he really? Where was Brunell against the Vikings? Where was he against Tennessee? Those were games were our defense bent but gave us plenty of chances to win the game. Brunell was the guy that had a chance to make it happen then and he didn't.

We didn't need stellar QB play in those two games we just needed the occasional play made and Brunell failed to deliver.

We win those games and we're 4-3 with a legitimate shot for a wildcard spot and a possible division title.

We're 2-5 with home losses against the Vikings and Tennesse, yet somehow Brunell gives us the best chance to win. Bizarre, that's the only word that comes to mind.

Why wont some fans hold Boonell accountable.he's 15-18 as a starter for us.What are they gonna keep doing blaming Samuels,or Saunders,or the o line.Great qb's make great plays.Great qb's dont make excuses or need excuses .We need a great qb,thats been our problem for over a decade,settlin for mediocre talent at qb posistion.Great qb=great team.Saunders should of brought Trent Green back for us.

53QBKILLER you bring out some good points. Without privy of being an insider, we dont know if the problem is the plan or the field general not following the plan. If the plan is not sound then JC, TC, or MB are not going to be effective. If the field general is not cutting it, then he needs to be replaced.

JG says its not the QB... So is it the O-line or AL? :whoknows:

Does he really? Where was Brunell against the Vikings? Where was he against Tennessee? Those were games were our defense bent but gave us plenty of chances to win the game. Brunell was the guy that had a chance to make it happen then and he didn't.

We didn't need stellar QB play in those two games we just needed the occasional play made and Brunell failed to deliver.

We win those games and we're 4-3 with a legitimate shot for a wildcard spot and a possible division title.

We're 2-5 with home losses against the Vikings and Tennesse, yet somehow Brunell gives us the best chance to win. Bizarre, that's the only word that comes to mind.

Laurent-

Just keep in mind you couldn't take the bag off your head until Mark Brunell came to washington. :)

It's not time yet. Brunell gives us the best chance to win, and he played a hell of a game yesterday. The reason he checked down yesterday was b/c Samuels and co. couldn't block Aunt Esta yesterday much less the Colts' rush. Brunell is staying in, so get used to it until we're mathematically out of the post season. You'll have to wait for two or three more losses which may or may not happen. Don't be surprised if this team goes on a run especially if everyone can get healthy in the next two weeks.

HTTR

You show a lot of enthusiasm and hope but it's time. Our offense is limited due to Brunells limited abilities. He didn't have a good game yesterday, he just didn't stink up the place. He can't get the ball down field, he's fixated on one receiver and he's immobile. You need to be able to execute two out of the three reasons I listed above and you need to see the whole field.

This offense is not aggressive. We don't attack and it seems like we don't adjust anymore. I'd put the blame partly on Al Saunders for never adjusting, Joe Gibbs for staying with Brunell for some ungodly reason and Brunell for his limited abilities and talent. So until Joe decides to make a change at QB, expect more of the same.

53QBKILLER you bring out some good points. Without privy of being an insider, we dont know if the problem is the plan or the field general not following the plan. If the plan is not sound then JC, TC, or MB are not going to be effective. If the field general is not cutting it, then he needs to be replaced.

JG says its not the QB... So is it the O-line or AL? :whoknows:

That is a solid, solid post!!

My outlook on this is:

The playoffs and/or Superbowl is a pipedream at this moment. It isn't like we are losing by game winning FGs. We are losing pretty convincingly. In order to run the table, our players would have to give their all+ some, and by the time the playoffs roll around, they will have nothing left ( ala last year ). MB is clearly not the QB of the future for this team. What is wrong with evaluating what you have? If JC is the guy, lets see what he has. Lets see what he is good at and what needs more work. This season is as good as done as far as getting a Lombardi is concerned. Lets see if what we have now is even good enough to compete for next year or if not, we need to make a lot of changes. Joe Gibbs has a lot of thinking/work to do. If ANYBODY can do it, the Lord of the Rings can. :)

It is time, we had a 3rd and 8 yesterday when the game was already out of hand and he threw and 2 yard pass the Betts. I lost it when I saw that. I think the wideouts are getting tired of this too, Santana looked really frustrated yesterday, I think they wanted to say something but didn't want to speak out of turn. Randle El and Lloyd have shown the ability to go up and get the ball, so why don't we toss it to them. The O-line bears a lot of responsibility as well, and Jansen and Samuels both must step up and play better in protection or the blocking schemes need to be redesigned to give them some help. We were unable to effectively run the ball against the WORST rushing defense in the league, and that is pathetic.

You show a lot of enthusiasm and hope but it's time. Our offense is limited due to Brunells limited abilities. He didn't have a good game yesterday, he just didn't stink up the place. He can't get the ball down field, he's fixated on one receiver and he's immobile. You need to be able to execute two out of the three reasons I listed above and you need to see the whole field.

This offense is not aggressive. We don't attack and it seems like we don't adjust anymore. I'd put the blame partly on Al Saunders for never adjusting, Joe Gibbs for staying with Brunell for some ungodly reason and Brunell for his limited abilities and talent. So until Joe decides to make a change at QB, expect more of the same.

While what you have stated above is true. Putting in JC, TC, or even G-D, is not going to do too much better. With our defense handing the opossing offenses points on a gold platter trimmed with platinum ( I blame that solely on injuries and not GW ) and our offensive line not able to block their own shadow, and when they do they are holding with both hands and feet, a QB change is not going to save this team. It will strictly be made on evaluational purposes. :2cents:

I don't think those screens are by design, but instead by necessity. They are checkdowns. It's troubling that out o-line can't give Mark enough time to find an open man farther downfield.

BUT- All this talk about Brunell and Saunders might have been relevant during the first 3 games. It's not even close to the point now. Our defense is atrocious. They simply can't stop anyone on 3rd down.

This team made too many changes in the offseason on both sides of the ball. It killed the chemistry of the entire ballclub. I blame Joe Gibbs for that. It's the only time I ever thought he made a season-killing call. :(

Here is what we need:

-A bigger, meaner O-Line.

-A young Quarterback to break in who will be good next season

-More carries for T.J. Duckett especially in short yardage

-More singleback formation

-Better timing for play action

-Less draw plays

-Less checkdowns

Just putting that out there.

Archived