Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another Brunell Supporter Gives his Resignation and Saunders on the sideline...

#98QBKiller

That's right. I've been very pro-Brunell for pretty much the entire season and I'm here to tell you that I am officially joining the "put-Campbell-in-now" crowd.

You won't see me using any of the stupid "the future is now" signatures, but the time has come. It's not unrealisitic to believe that we could still earn a wildcard spot, but it will never happen with Brunell under center.

First off, let me say that Brunell didn't have a ****ty game yesterday, but there are two glaring problems that I see with him that cannot be fixed:

1) He just isn't mobile. In today's NFL a QB MUST be able to escape the rush and Brunell can't do that. Right now, if defenders make it into our backfield the play is over. Either Brunell gets sacked or he throws the ball away and we need someone who can elude defenders and continue the play. I'm not saying we need Mike Vick, but we need to be able to produce plays even under pressure.

2) Brunell is too willing to check down to a back or TE when he doesn't find a reciever open right away. This may be due to his lack of mobility, since eventually defenders will make it into the backfield, I feel that Brunell finds it imperative to get rid if the ball as quickly as he can so he can salvage the play.

So that's that, we need a younger more athletic QB to have a shot at salvaging this season...ahem! Jason Campbell. I hate to say it but Troy Aikman was right yesterday.

Now about Al Saunders....

We need him on the sidelines going over plays with Gibbs. Get his ass out of the air-conditioned booth and have him check over each play with Gibbs. The man obviously cannot make sound decisions on his own. It's time to have JG check and approve everything before it's executed.

And yes I realize that our D is to blame too, but I feel that injuries are where the problems lie there, sans the LB position. By our next game our banged up D-Line will be back to good health and we will finally have Carlos Rogers and Shawn Springs starting on the field at the same time, which will improve our secondary drastically.

The only change I see that needs to be made here is the insertion of Rocky McIntosh into the starting lineup.

So that's it. Brunell bashers, I officially eat my words...it's time for Campbell. I truly believe that he can provide us with a winning record at the very least. And if not, at least he will have some experience for next year...

And everyone remember, we have the same amount of wins as the defending Super Bowl champs!!!:)

That's right. I've been very pro-Brunell for pretty much the entire season and I'm here to tell you that I am officially joining the "put-Campbell-in-now" crowd.

You won't see me using any of the stupid "the future is now" signatures, but the time has come. It's not unrealisitic to believe that we could still earn a wildcard spot, but it will never happen with Brunell under center.

First off, let me say that Brunell didn't have a ****ty game yesterday, but there are two glaring problems that I see with him that cannot be fixed:

1) He just isn't mobile. In today's NFL a QB MUST be able to escape the rush and Brunell can't do that. Right now, if defenders make it into our backfield the play is over. Either Brunell gets sacked or he throws the ball away and we need someone who can elude defenders and continue the play. I'm not saying we need Mike Vick, but we need to be able to produce plays even under pressure.

2) Brunell is too willing to check down to a back or TE when he doesn't find a reciever open right away. This may be due to his lack of mobility, since eventually defenders will make it into the backfield, I feel that Brunell finds it imperative to get rid if the ball as quickly as he can so he can salvage the play.

So that's that, we need a younger more athletic QB to have a shot at salvaging this season...ahem! Jason Campbell. I hate to say it but Troy Aikman was right yesterday.

We need him on the sidelines going over plays with Gibbs. Get his ass out of the air-conditioned booth and have him check over each play with Gibbs. The man obviously cannot make sound decisions on his own. It's time to have JG check and approve everything before it's executed.

And yes I realize that our D is to blame too, but I feel that injuries are where the problems lie there, sans the LB position. By our next game our banged up D-Line will be back to good health and we will finally have Carlos Rogers and Shawn Springs starting on the field at the same time, which will improve our secondary drastically.

The only change I see that needs to be made here is the insertion of Rocky McIntosh into the starting lineup.

So that's it. Brunell bashers, I officially eat my words...it's time for Campbell. I truly believe that he can provide us with a winning record at the very least. And if not, at least he will have some experience for next year...

And everyone remember, we have the same amount of wins as the defending Super Bowl champs!!!:)

welcome to the club my man!! :cheers:

It's not time yet. Brunell gives us the best chance to win, and he played a hell of a game yesterday. The reason he checked down yesterday was b/c Samuels and co. couldn't block Aunt Esta yesterday much less the Colts' rush. Brunell is staying in, so get used to it until we're mathematically out of the post season. You'll have to wait for two or three more losses which may or may not happen. Don't be surprised if this team goes on a run especially if everyone can get healthy in the next two weeks.

HTTR

It's not time yet. Brunell gives us the best chance to win, and he played a hell of a game yesterday. The reason he checked down yesterday was b/c Samuels and co. couldn't block Aunt Esta yesterday much less the Colts' rush. Brunell is staying in, so get used to it until we're mathematically out of the post season. You'll have to wait for two or three more losses which may or may not happen. Don't be surprised if this team goes on a run especially if everyone can get healthy in the next two weeks.

HTTR

If that's the case, Portis is going to have to give up running the ball and start pushing Brunell's wheelchair around the pocket to elude defenders. We need mobility and a strong arm ASAP.

HTTR

Your time will come....oh yes, you too will eventually see the light.

You may be waiting quite a while for that "run" you speak of.

Meanwhile, I'm going to find other things to do on Sundays until this coaching staff smartens up and realizes Brunell is washed up. I feel just like the Redskins offense quite obviously does at this point about the bum.

Welcome, #53QBKiller

I have no problem with starting Jason Campbell. You could start Glenn Campbell for all I care. As long as the defense continues to play (and I use the term loosely) the way they have, this team won't beat anyone. I am not, repeat NOT a #8 fan, but if the injury "plagued" defense had half the stones Brunell has, they'd find a way to get on the field and play.

Aside from the mental effect of changing Brunell for Campbell on the offensive line and the locker room, I really don't think that it's the right thing to do at this juncture.

Again, I will maintain support for Brunell until this team is 2-7. Conversely, you won't hear me complaining if they give Campbell the nod.

Hail.

HTTR

You are aware that zero percent of zero is still zero, right?

It's not Al Saunders. His track record is proven. It's the players who aren't proven. Year after year, the players are consistently inconsistent.

I dont think that they are going to make the switch. Not yet at least. I would love to see Campbell play I am just not sure if it is all on the QB. The "D" is hurting also they are giving up way to many big plays. I think that they would be better to make a change in the safty spot I am not sure how well Adam is doing back there.

and he played a hell of a game yesterday. HTTR

Actually he played an okay game. Do you realize that on the first two offensive possessions in the second half at 3rd and 8 Brunell checked down to Betts for a gain of 3, 5 yards short of a first down. Then before we know it the games over and it's 27-14.

Brunell seriously paded his stats on the last drive to make it appear he had a hell of a game. QB is the ONLY position in the NFL which can make players better, you do realize we are asking other players to make Brunell better. The season is over with Brunell at the helm, time to play Campbell just in case Brady Quinn is still avalible when we are on the clock.

HTTR

Two word for ya buddy: Crack kills.

Yeah for those who still hug the balls of one m.boonell..... Watch the emotion this O plays with, with him in the game. With boonell we are on pace for 4-10. Campbell will throw it deep often with surprisiing results.

Brunell is just a "consultant". He is not a Redskin. Someone like him does not inspire ANYONE.

HTTR

You can't be serious.

We can't get close enough to anyone to intercept a pass and Jason Cambell will change that I don't think so. Would I put him in YES.

But people our defense in Mediocre, our line is average, our linebackers are average at best, our corners aren't average and our safetys and yes even the might Sean Taylor are average. Taylor needs to get close enough to knock a ball down instead of timing it to knock the player out.

We've not even got close enough to tip a pass. It was pitiful just watching Manning using some touch and pocket time to just float passes out there. Defense begins to hold the opponets to 13-17 point a game we have a chance to win.

I have wanted Jason Cambell to play from the very beginning but MB is doing just enough to stay in the game. Cambell may give the team a little new spirit but the defense is the key and they haven't got a chance to get better this year especially the line.

Breaks my heart but the skins are going to be lucky to see 8 & 8.

Dan :doh:

Why is everyone complaining about the QB position when the Defense can't stop anything. The most glaring problem we have is defense. If you can't stop anyone on D you're not going to win. Last I checked Brunell wasn't the one getting burned on passes play after play.

The other problem we have is that the offensive line isn't holding up. No holes for the running game and suspect pass protection. This was a good unit last year, I just don't know why they are so poor this year.

MC

that's about where i stand now too. I have been a long time supporter of MB, but our season is over now. We need to start planning for next year.

I sadly think Brunell is doing what he is being asked to do. His completion percetage yesterday, even before the molasses charity drive at the end, was good. I do not understand the speed being brought in the offseason if we were not at least going to try to throw the ball downfield. If we are going to use slants, screens and dumpoffs the rest of the year, lets at least get the kid in.

Archived