Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

On ESPN yesterday................

GIBBS LIVES

I think with Campbell as QB, someone with enough youth to grasp a fast-paced and complex system, Saunders' plays can work beautifully. I think the head coaching job should fall to Saunders, let him continue with his plan. For crying out loud the last thing we need is ANOTHER coach coming in to implement HIS plans. This team needs consistency, and that means a coaching staff and game plan with some consistency.

Campbell will make Saunders' playbook work, but when that happens we need Greg Williams' defense to stop the other team from running all over us.

Charlie Weiss indicated that three NFL teams were inquiring about his services

and then they showed a picture of Snyder.

Thinking about his past M.O. in regards to Spurrier, don't be surprised if Snyder is up to his old tricks.

First off, the media always throws out stuff like that about Snyder, and especially so now given our current state of affairs and turmoil on the team. Second, I wouldn't really compare it to Spurrier, since you know, Weis did play a good role in helping the Patriots win 3 Super Bowls and helping to mentor some QB named Tom Brady along the way- something Spurrier could never even dream of at the NFL level.

Charlie Weiss is commited to Notre Dame. He will be the coach until he is fired, wins the loto, or dies (his words).

Wins the lotto=stunningly high salary offer

What team is known for the highest paid coaches again?

Of course, the only way that would ever come about is if Coach Gibbs decided to step back into the front office/team president side of things on his own... and he seems committed to remaining as coach.

I think we should get Jeff Fisher. At the end of the year he will probably lose his job and we should pick him up. He is a great coach and great friends with Gregg Williams. He might convince him to stay.

IMO, if Gibbs were to leave after this season, I would think the job would be GW's. Why else would he not have left for a head coaching position last season when he was one of, if not THE, hottest HC prospects?

Charlie Weiss is commited to Notre Dame. He will be the coach until he is fired, wins the loto, or dies (his words).

He's already put it out there, without being asked about it nevermind you, that he would like somebody to buy out his contract. Weiss has been itching to get a headcoaching job in pros for years now and I'm sure he knows damn well that he won't remain a hot ticket item for long.

I fully expect him to coach in the NFL next season. I doubt it's going to be for Washington though.

I think with Campbell as QB, someone with enough youth to grasp a fast-paced and complex system, Saunders' plays can work beautifully. I think the head coaching job should fall to Saunders, let him continue with his plan. For crying out loud the last thing we need is ANOTHER coach coming in to implement HIS plans. This team needs consistency, and that means a coaching staff and game plan with some consistency.

Campbell will make Saunders' playbook work, but when that happens we need Greg Williams' defense to stop the other team from running all over us.

No way, you give the job to G. Will if anyone within. Let him control the defense and let Al do the offense under him.

I don't think Gregg Williams or Al Saunders have done anything to justify a promotion to the head coaching position. If they can't lead their respective functional areas, what makes you think either of them can oversee the entire operation? Although, I do like the Jeff Fisher idea.

Archived