Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Out of the mouth of Brian Mitchell..."Archuleta can't play football."

flexxskins

let's admit the truth. Archuleta got an Ed Reed quality deal from the Redskins but he is not an Ed Reed quality player.

and unfortunately that is characteristic of the 2006 offseason trades and free agent signings.

we gave up too much for what we got in return and when you keep doing that time and again you eventually end up with a dysfunctional team that fails to perform.

let's admit the truth. Archuleta got an Ed Reed quality deal from the Redskins but he is not an Ed Reed quality player.

and unfortunately that is characteristic of the 2006 offseason trades and free agent signings.

we gave up too much for what we got in return and when you keep doing that time and again you eventually end up with a dysfunctional team that fails to perform.

I would give my left nut to have Ed Reed and ST together!!!!!!

Clearly B Mitch has an axe to grind with the Skins. He has been negative since his first day on the air. I loved him when he was here, but to be honest, don't consider anyone who plays for the Giants and Eagles and comes into our stadium talking smack part of the family anymore. Oh year, there's no family anymore. It's all about the biggest paycheck.

Anyway, unfortunately a lot of his negativity this year happens to be right on the money. Aruchleta is an undersized, slow safety who has made it in this league with an incredible work ethic. He is a poor tackler.

He was a terrible pickup. Ryan Clark is better and costs a lot less. Why??

Clearly B Mitch has an axe to grind with the Skins. He has been negative since his first day on the air. I loved him when he was here, but to be honest, don't consider anyone who plays for the Giants and Eagles and comes into our stadium talking smack part of the family anymore. Oh year, there's no family anymore. It's all about the biggest paycheck.

Anyway, unfortunately a lot of his negativity this year happens to be right on the money. Aruchleta is an undersized, slow safety who has made it in this league with an incredible work ethic. He is a poor tackler.

He was a terrible pickup. Ryan Clark is better and costs a lot less. Why??

I must say even if we had Clark we would still suck and probally be talking about him.The D line must get a pass rush and the corners have to be physical and be quicker.Then we will see better Safty play.If you have been watching , the safties have to come up and stop the run too often.The running backs shouldt even make it past the Dline and backers

Exactly, when BM put on that d*mn philthy green he became persona non grata in my book..if he said that the sky was blue I'd take issues with it because it came from him...but his is probably right about AA..but then..is there anyone on this "defense" who can do anything except watch as the opponent scores again?

Say what you will but B-Mitch can never be mistaken for a punk. He does have an axe to grind but the man knows football...and players. Moreover, much of what he says also comes from the mouths of current players -- he gives some pretty good inside information. When he says that people knew two years ago that Archuleta couldn't play, I believe him. Has Archuleta proven otherwise?

I agree Chow....Archuleta is not our problem. Isn't he in the top three on the team in tackles? The fact that everyone expects Archuleta to stop all the leaks in this sive of DL and LB holes is THE PROBLEM! Let's educate a moment here...free or strong safety is never the first defense on any defense...it's the DB or LB. I think the time has come that Coach Williams needs someone other than a LB to be the nucleus of this defense.

sadly it seems only a few of us are speaking with our minds while the rest are speaking out of their knotted stomachs.

this Redskins team has played scared and hurt since the preseason. no chemistry. fear of failure. fear of injury. little confidence or swagger. new players failing to 'fit in' and find their place. coaches not seeming to be the same page, Gibbs vs. Saunders in re the use of Portis, etc.

Exactly, when BM put on that d*mn philthy green he became persona non grata in my book..

so I suppose after the Skins gave him the uncerimonious boot to make way for Deion Sanders, he should have retired at the tired old age of 30 or 31 and not gone on to play for 4 more years simply because you don't like the Eagles.....

There have been several signings that made me scratch my head since Gibbs came back. The big contract for Griffen seemed to have worked out though so I started to think they knew what they were doing.

Maybe they did too.

The paychecks they gave out to Archuleta and Carter are nuts. Every team in the league knows Archuleta sucks any time the ball is thrown within 20 yards of him and Carter has underachieved since his rookie year.

Why pay mid-top dollar for players who are very one dementional?

I am still wishing that these guys prove us wrong when the defense gets healthy but the play so far in every game has been discouraging to say the least.

I didn't say that I disagree. What is with all the exclamation marks? You mad about something?

I simply can't believe that a former NFL player put a current NFL player out there like that...thats all.

I think they have to fight it out. Remember many years back when Buffalo Bills great Jim Kelly called out the Indy QB ( can't remember his name), but this guy, the QB went after Jim Kelly and punched in the face. It was hilarious and punk ass Jim Kelly didn't do anything.

Granted Jim Kelly is a HOF, but he still got his ass kicked for giving his opinion. I think its time AA proves himself, to Briam Mitchell.

PS. Please just beat Dallas in 2 weeks. :silly:

He sucked at the RB position and then strictly returned kicks--nothing else. He may have been solid at that position but, that doesn't mean he should make the Hall. Knowing how much of a joke the HOF has been, he will be first ballot.
:laugh: Thats funny the way that you put that HOF thing. But yeah, you're right, he did suck as a RB.
The Redskins spent precious little on the DL the past two years and the one major addition that was made, Carter, has been a bust.

Golston and Montgomery may in time turn out to be gamers but if we are going to see rookie mistakes up and down the line on defense, why are we continuing to ignore the reality of our situation by starting Brunell and Holdman? :)

might as well get Campbell and McIntosh out there.

I am still going to hold out hope for Carter and as long as Brunell is endorsed by Gibbs, I can't bad mouth that move either. But, Holdman has got to go. Whoever doesn't agree, please just watch the game again, he does absolutely nothing for this team.
This is retarded. B-Mitch is a friggin punk! Archuleta will come around. It's the first season of these players in this defensive scheme. Everyone knows that the NFL isn't a plug and work system. It takes time to understand the way to gel with other people you never played with
Uuummm, Shawn Springs did just fine. Sean Taylor did pretty good.
Dude, Samuels had about the worst game for an OLman I have seen since that rookie starting for Dallas last year in the game against us when Daniels pimped him for 4 quarters. The only difference is that Freeney is one of the best in the league but still, Samuels makes more money than some teams entire line.
Why are you telling me about how bad Samuels played? I know how bad he played, I simply annnounced the fact that ****ell was saying it on tv.

BTW, Jansen played horrible also and I don't think that I even have to bother mentioning Rabach. :doh:

I would give my left nut to have Ed Reed and ST together!!!!!!
Unfortunately, the front office has given both their nuts already.

I bet if we still had Clark we would all being saying, "Stupid FO, why didn't we just pay for AA and get him away from the Bears. He could have helped."

With the corner play that we have had the past 7 weeks, anyone would suck. ST doesn't because he is back there playing deep center and has one of the fastest breaks in the NFL period. He takes 2 steps to go from a back pedal to moving forward everytime. The only person that would be good enough back there would be an ST clone or maybe Ed Reed.

When he says that people knew two years ago that Archuleta couldn't play, I believe him. Has Archuleta proven otherwise?

yet Lovie Smith was one of the teams fighting to get him this off-season, you know his old DC in St Louis. - What does that say about him?

I bet if we still had Clark we would all being saying, "Stupid FO, why didn't we just pay for AA and get him away from the Bears. He could have helped."

correct.

hes leadin the team in tackles and he sucks.. hmmm. just doesnt make sense.. our d sucks.. we over penetrate in every playor dont know how to fill the gap..and hes there to save our ass like that run by addai today. if adam didn tmake that tackle addai was gone for a 50 plus yard td run.. this team the fan has no chemisty.

hes leadin the team in tackles and he sucks.. hmmm. just doesnt make sense.. our d sucks.. we over penetrate in every playor dont know how to fill the gap..and hes there to save our ass like that run by addai today. if adam didn tmake that tackle addai was gone for a 50 plus yard td run.. this team the fan has no chemisty.

That was Kenny wright who saved the touchdown

Archived