Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Out of the mouth of Brian Mitchell..."Archuleta can't play football."

flexxskins

remember Vinny Cerrato telling us not to worry in 2002 because the team had a plan? :)

yeah, they had a plan.........a plan to start Trung Canidate at halfback and then bring in Gator Trash to play QB and WR.

great plan :cry:

I remember when he said that John Riggins said (to Vinny) "Ha! That'll be a first."

Right now this team looks like it is about 1/2 a heartbeat away from imploding.

I don't care for Mitchell as a person myself either. But the guy will probably end up in the HOF someday. How can you not respect his career?

He sucked at the RB position and then strictly returned kicks--nothing else. He may have been solid at that position but, that doesn't mean he should make the Hall. Knowing how much of a joke the HOF has been, he will be first ballot.

Guest mwill008

AA can play, he was brought in to stop the run something that Ryan Clark had problems with ( remember L.T. gashing Clark last year) and Prioleau would come in for coverage downs. Prioleau injury was a big loss. But as a whole Defense sucks. That right side of the DL and Wright are getting picked on every game.

The Redskins spent precious little on the DL the past two years and the one major addition that was made, Carter, has been a bust.

Golston and Montgomery may in time turn out to be gamers but if we are going to see rookie mistakes up and down the line on defense, why are we continuing to ignore the reality of our situation by starting Brunell and Holdman? :)

might as well get Campbell and McIntosh out there.

I thought the comcast post-game crew did a good job talking about the root of the problems the redskins organization are seeing right now. B Mitch doesn't think the scouting dept. is truly looking at what these players can and cannot do before they are signed.

I happen to agree w/ that. If a team elects free agency over the draft than aren't they obligated to sign the right player? JGs explanation for FA is because they are more of a sure thing over drafting a rookie. This goes to the heart of the skins organization not understanding what football is all about (or maybe just leadership). B Mitch alluded to AAs combine numbers and how everyone lauded over them but he hasn't done much on the field.

If you sign a guy to the richest contract for a safety, at that point, and ask him to do something that he's never done before you may need to be committed.

That's just to much money (in signing bonus alone) to gamble on:2cents:

AA may start looking like Deion Sanders only because of his contract status.

This is retarded. B-Mitch is a friggin punk! Archuleta will come around. It's the first season of these players in this defensive scheme. Everyone knows that the NFL isn't a plug and work system. It takes time to understand the way to gel with other people you never played with

Whos that babe in your sig?

but, yes Archulleta sucks.

He is so overrated to the point its not even funny. This guy is one of the people that gets the fame, money, and girls and everytime he makes a big play

everybody(his friends/girlfriend(s) ) thinks he is a pro bowler.

That babe is a smoking hott Avril Lavigne. :hump: :drool: :mmm:

but thats a low blow. Ill admit he sucks just as much as the next guy in the secondary. But for a guy who is hiding behind a T.V. camera to say that is downright stupid

Hiding?!!? are you serious? B-Mitch put it down for the skins year in...year out...remember the body bag game?....Steps in as quarterback as a rookie...return game was sick....my opinion, b-mitch can say what he wants....he is usually right, but since he does not sugar coat people get upset....

This is retarded. B-Mitch is a friggin punk! Archuleta will come around. It's the first season of these players in this defensive scheme. Everyone knows that the NFL isn't a plug and work system. It takes time to understand the way to gel with other people you never played with

I still disagree. It's still football. You make a decision and stick w/ it. AA has been flat out beaten at least once every game and goes back to the basics of coverage; mirror the WR and then read his eyes on when to react. He sucks.

BTW....Mcfarland came in on Monday and had what 7 tackles and like 2 tackles for a loss on Clinton. That's 6 days he's been w/ Indy!:doh:

sorry guys, Bmitch is right. The dude can't play, we are 7 weeks into he season and he still can't cover and he still doesn't know the defense. You give that much money to a play, you figure that he can be a versitile player. But in actuality he can only defend the run. Yet you can't blame him for taking the money to come here, that is the scouts fault. Too bad.

AA still can be a good player.He needs to quit putting his head down when tackling and wrap up, along with a bunch of other players.They should hold a tackling clinic.Pass defending wise he only got beat once .He had to guard the h back or TE on it so it was hard to cover two guys in cover 2.It all starts with the line play.Then the corner play.The safties are there for help and cant cover everybody

Wow, he is callin Chris Samuels out now....yikes.

Dude, Samuels had about the worst game for an OLman I have seen since that rookie starting for Dallas last year in the game against us when Daniels pimped him for 4 quarters. The only difference is that Freeney is one of the best in the league but still, Samuels makes more money than some teams entire line.

I still disagree. It's still football. You make a decision and stick w/ it. AA has been flat out beaten at least once every game and goes back to the basics of coverage; mirror the WR and then read his eyes on when to react. He sucks.

BTW....Mcfarland came in on Monday and had what 7 tackles and like 2 tackles for a loss on Clinton. That's 6 days he's been w/ Indy!:doh:

Exactly, good point!! I just wish people stop wanting Bmitch and those guys lie to them. the fact of the matter is that AA is horrible. Yet its not his fault alone. When you don't have quality depth on defense, you over pay another scrub to come in and help on your Dline (Carter). And let solid, quailty players go (Clark, AP), then you have to ask "does this organization really know what they are doing"? I'm sorry to put it like this but we are not a good team. Point blank!!

Dude, Samuels had about the worst game for an OLman I have seen since that rookie starting for Dallas last year in the game against us when Daniels pimped him for 4 quarters. The only difference is that Freeney is one of the best in the league but still, Samuels makes more money than some teams entire line.

the truth of the matter is that strong safety is NOT a position under the cap that you really want to invest mega-bucks in. this is a spot you want to draft a player or find a veteran mid-tier free agent to fill.

there are only so many dollars to go around and you have to be careful spending too much on spots like safety, punter, tight end (unless of Gates, Gonzalez quality), center, fullback, etc.

the truth of the matter is that strong safety is NOT a position under the cap that you really want to invest mega-bucks in. this is a spot you want to draft a player or find a veteran mid-tier free agent to fill.

there are only so many dollars to go around and you have to be careful spending too much on spots like safety, punter, tight end (unless of Gates, Gonzalez quality), center, fullback, etc.

I would rather have Sean Consadine (sp?) in there making close to vet min :doh: This orginazation is so :moon: backwards :doh: It is frustrating as a fan. At this point its not even the contract that bothers me, Archuletta is just not that great of a saftey I would take Ryan Clark (as average as he is) back regardless of money:doh:

I agree Chow....Archuleta is not our problem. Isn't he in the top three on the team in tackles? The fact that everyone expects Archuleta to stop all the leaks in this sive of DL and LB holes is THE PROBLEM! Let's educate a moment here...free or strong safety is never the first defense on any defense...it's the DB or LB. I think the time has come that Coach Williams needs someone other than a LB to be the nucleus of this defense.

Archived