Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cardinals beat the Mets! Glory! Now must face the Tigers, who do you pick?

redskingluvr

I am happy as a lark the Cardinals beat the Mets, the evil empire has been crushed!

I grew up an Orioles fans, am adapting to the Nationals and happy we have a team of our own now. I am glad if one bird (the Oriole) couldn't win, another bird, the Cardinal, did. Since the Cardinal is the Va state bird, I am rooting for them. I do also like the Tigers.

Who do you think will win and why?

I like the Cardinals based on pitching consistency, bullpen, and hitting consistency. They play as a team. I have noticed that the Detroit Tigers can hit when they need to also. Don't know much about thier pitching tho.

I didn't know the Tigers had such good pitching. Honestly, I have been rooting for Detroit in thier league and the Cardinals in thiers the whole series. I am glad it will be one of those two, but I would like to see STL pull it off. I like Suppan, Molina, and Eckstien. A pitcher who hits homers in series is a rarity. The rest issue may be a huge factor in later games though.

How does Detroit's bull pen match up to the Cardinal's?

Tigers in six.

Granted, baseball is the kind of sport where you have to allow for seven games just to make sure the best team wins most of the time. With all the noise vs. signal inherent in baseball outcomes, the Cardinals surely could win.

But the Tigers deserve it.

I think the Cardinals have earned it, that team has heart, when was the last time you saw a pitcher hit a homer in a championship series game???? Eckstien sprains his shoulder, crushes his fingers, and goes out and dives and makes an awesome play........I gotta see more.....I think they will pull it off.

Although they defeated the Mets in 7, I still feel like the Cards don't deserve to be in the World Series. The Mets lose two of their best pitchers and one of their best hitters for the postseason??? With luck like that, might as well change their name to the Cubs.

I don't know, imo they just beat the toughest competition in the playoffs, so we will see. They are a tough team.

All the ricans down here are upset and depressed cuz thier homey Beltran got faced soooo bad on the last strike, and they think so highly of themselves. It was sweet to see thier massive pride and haughty, selfish, petulant arrogance get taken down a notch. I love the Cardinals now.........I know I am a baad man.....

One down.

7-2 Cardinals rocked the house IN Detroit. Left that stinging silent house effect.

Reasons- better hitting, better pitching, better fielding. All the way around.

I do not know that much about the tigers, maybe you guys could tell me what I am missing? Their fielding is below average from what I saw, their hitting is lousy with one or two exceptions, and their pitching is NOT better than the Cardinals. Not even close to be honest. Am I missing something? I have not watched the tigers much, only part of the last game of the ALCS. If that was the Tiger's best pitcher the series is over already, barring injury or total floppage by the Cardinals of some kind.

MY! MY! MY!

Cardinals take it in 5, announcer's comment?

"The amazing thing is it was really such a team effort. No single amazing performances on offense, but a solid team with..."

Eckstien had 2 rbi's and scored a run himself.

The Cardinal's pitching was excellent! With one exception, the tiger's did not appear to me to have better pitching.

I really did not come here to say "I TOLD YA SO..." oh why lie, YES I DID! haha told ya so.....Cardinals won!

Hope my son grows up to play for team like that one day.

MY! MY! MY!

Cardinals take it in 5, announcer's comment?

"The amazing thing is it was really such a team effort. No single amazing performances on offense, but a solid team with..."

Eckstien had 2 rbi's and scored a run himself. Hit .364 for the series and was the Wolrd Series Player of the series.

The Cardinal's pitching was excellent! With one exception, the tiger's did not appear to me to have better pitching.

I really did not come here to say "I TOLD YA SO..." oh why lie, YES I DID! haha told ya so.....Cardinals won!

Hope my son grows up to play for team like that one day.

It was crazy how the Tigers were so un-clutch - no timely hitting, untimely errors, and balls just out of their reach. The Cardinals, on the other hand, always came through with the clutch hit. It wasn't Pujols, but it was Edmons, Rolen, Eckstein, Yadi, and somebody different every night.

Great run by the Cards. Congrats!

Archived