Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brunell says Colts are a must win

PapaRora

You still have faith in Boonell but yet hes one game away from riding the bench according to you:doh:

Well the only reason I feel that way is because I think Brunell is the best man for us to win right now. If we lose this week, then we may as well get our QB of the future in there and get him some reps. Who knows, he could also be the spark we need to get the team moving in the right direction. I still feel, that Brunell has played well enough to win games, and that we jump all over him because he's the easiest target.

And yes I saw his stats last year during the playoffs. The first game he played against a great Tampa Bay defense and really did'nt have anyone to throw the ball to, aside from Cooley and Moss. But, overall the team was playing well. They were playing with a chip on their shoulder. I was proud to be a Redskins fan.

Chill... he said it's a must win game..so? Brunell was not the only player with a bad game last week. Give all of them a chance to show up and prove that they are.

Obviously the team, not just Brunell, thought the Titans game a gimme and did not take it seriously. Hopefully, with their pride and season on the line they show up. This includes the coaches too. RUN THE BALL.

Chill... he said it's a must win game..so? Brunell was not the only player with a bad game last week. Give all of them a chance to show up and prove that they are.

Obviously the team, not just Brunell, thought the Titans game a gimme and did not take it seriously. Hopefully, with their pride and season on the line they show up. This includes the coaches too. RUN THE BALL.

No game in the NFL is a "gimme." As you saw the week before, the Titans played pretty well against the Colts the week before. You're right though, RUN THE BALL! That's how the Titans beat us and almost beat the Colts the week before.

Where is the link???

Some of you are really out of control and pathetic. Wishing for our team to lose because you don't like your own team's starting QB??? Not knowing enough about football, so you think this is Brunell's fault??? Saying that he was horrible int the Titans game??? Horrible??? ONE interception, albeit at a very bad time makes all of his other GREAT passes, completions, touch down, all horrible??? Honestly, you are a horrible football analysit and an even worse fan if you actually believe this!!!!

I can see him going 0-22, just imploding. Being kept in the game 10 times longer than a Ramsey would have gotten.

Then after the game. Gibbs will want to talk about two things.

#1. the 22 in a row in Houston

#2. the deep bomb (not mentioning it was underthrown) to Lloyd last week

as proof Mark is the man.

Love the Arenas sig Bufford.

What kind of genius statement is that. Of course the Colts is a must win. I thought all games in the NFL are considered a must win, well unless your a 'super smart' (supposedly) mobile qb with a noodle arm, who can't play against a 2 deep zone and throw the ball down the middle of the field.

Exactly. I guess Brunell didn't think the last game was a must-win, judging by the way he was laughing after the loss.

#2. the deep bomb (not mentioning it was underthrown) to Lloyd last week

aaaaaaaaaaaand now we see that you are judging MB's play based on your vendetta against him, and not his play on the field.

UNDERTHROWN!?!??!? HAHHAHAHHAHHAHHHA these Brunell-bashers will come up with ANYTHING these days. Dude, even if the ball WAS underthrown, it certainly wasn't terribly underthrown. I mean, Lloyd caught it, pretty much in stride, didn't he? Lord have mercy you are reaching so hard.

This game is a must win... for Mark. The team has two major issues at the moment:

- The offense is flat. They come out extremely unmotivated and have need a big play to set them off all season long. If that play doesn't come early they stink.

- The Defense is out of position. The guys are busting their asses out there but a few players aren't doing their jobs. The players said as much in the lockerroom after the game and Bram talked about it for two days.

Mark has nothing to do with the defense but he is the LEADER of the offense, or at least is supposed to be. If the offense comes out flat again and Mark graces us with another inconsistent outting before a bye week I think he senses a change coming. There is no more perfect time to make a switch - and there is NOTHING a coach can do to shake up an unmotivated unit as powerful as changing the field general.

This is a must win game for Mark. IMO if he stinks again, he should start looking for country club memberships for 07 in Jacksonville. Do or die for the old vet.

aaaaaaaaaaaand now we see that you are judging MB's play based on your vendetta against him, and not his play on the field.

UNDERTHROWN!?!??!? HAHHAHAHHAHHAHHHA these Brunell-bashers will come up with ANYTHING these days. Dude, even if the ball WAS underthrown, it certainly wasn't terribly underthrown. I mean, Lloyd caught it, pretty much in stride, didn't he? Lord have mercy you are reaching so hard.

Was it not underthrown? Back it up. It's easy to laugh it up and say that he's just overly skeptical of Brunell but if you feel that way, hit us up with screenshots or something to show that it wasn't. Fact is, if that ball is thrown where it should be, Lloyd would have coasted into the endzone.

They are all must win games!! Weren't we going for homefield advantage, trying to get deeper into the playoffs and advance to the SB?!?! Well, you gotta win games to control your own destiny. Such mediocrity!! I'm sickened by the attitude that we should just do the bare minimum and hope to slide into a wildcard spot that isn't determined by our team winning but what other teams lose in the last week. A 180 degree attitude adjustment is needed, NOW!! HAIL!!

He said they are in a must win situation, and of course they are. If they win, great! Keep Brunell in there, and hopefully we can take the momentum of a big win against an undefeated team, and see the same team we saw last year during the stretch. I still have faith in Brunell and think he could lead us deep into the playoffs. If we lose this week, bench him and put in Campbell.

But, this game is more of a must win then last weeks. Yes, we should have won last week, but think about how big it would be to beat the Colts at home. We need some kind of spark in this team. We need to see more heart out of the team. This is a huge game and could be just what we need for a momentum switch.

Go Skins!

I agree with everything you said. On top of possibly being a hell of a springboard into the rest of the season and a little motivation for Mark "Record Setting" Brunell to take the helm from Mark "Is It Time For Bed Yet?" Brunell, the Colts game will be the tipping point for the rest of the season.

If we win this game, we have a fighting chance at the post season. The Colts are probably the best team on our schedule. If we can beat them, we can beat all of the rest. And Brunell is a capable QB when he wants to show up. Maybe a big underdog win can coax him out.

If we lose, we'd be in a world of hurt. No momentum and crushed morale against a tough schedule? I wouldn't be surprised to see the Campbell era being after bye.

One word: DUH!

So Brunell said the same thing that EVERYBODY ELSE has been saying, so it's yet another reason to jump on him??? Come on people....

Of course this a must win! 2-5 doesn't get you in the playoffs...3-4 still gives you a shot. Last week was a "should win" game, and even though they said otherwise, it seems like the players AND coaches bought into that too much. So now our backs are against the wall (to put it lightly) while going against one of the best teams in the league, in their house. For some reason I have a gut feeling the Skins will pull it out somehow.

Of course all the Brunell haters will be pissed off because he will keep his job, even though Portis will be the main one responsible for winning. (and for the record, I'd like to see Campbell, but I think Brunell still could get it done)

As you all know i don't like Brunell but this is my fear. somehow we beat INDY and now Joe has a reason to say how "supersmart" "hardworking" "totally Keen" and "Sexy" he thinks Mark is then we just delay the inevitable and all the "Mark" supporters say "see, see" :doh:

Okay maybe we wont win then. :doh:

Because losing to the Titans was allright.

Take this ****ass out right now!

There we go again! He can't say anything right can he? Some of you guys are so ridiculous! :laugh:

What kind of genius statement is that. Of course the Colts is a must win. I thought all games in the NFL are considered a must win, well unless your a 'super smart' (supposedly) mobile qb with a noodle arm, who can't play against a 2 deep zone and throw the ball down the middle of the field.

People need to start learning how to formulate their own opinions. :doh: It seems like everyone just gobbles up everything they hear TV announcers say, and use the announcers opinions as their own. C'mon, you watch the games don't you? You should know the Redskins QB better than that.

Anyone else notice this?

Archived