Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WE: Gibbs not affraid to change anything

Lavarleap56

From the outside looking in...

I've always respected Gibb's and I have a hard time subscribing to the idea that he's got some "man love" thing for Brunell or can't evaluate talent anymore. He's there every day seeing these guys practice so I'd think he'd be in a good position to know who gives his team the best chance to win.

My guess is that Campbell is a slow developer and isn't close to being ready for prime time. For the Skin's sake, this would be better than him being a bust like Ryan Leaf was.

For those that say Patrick Ramsey could have worked out, he's 3rd string on the Jets behind a rookie. That's two coaching staffs that aren't rating him very high.

TheFan

It's apparent that Joe sees no problem with Brunell not being able to throw the ball with any kind of accuracy down field and missing out on multiple opportunities to hit wide open receivers on a consistent basis.

I know there are other factors involved in the current demise of this team but to totally ignore the sub par performance of your QB is being just plain stubborn. The only solution to this (short term) is for the rest of the offense to click like a fine tuned watch, to cover/hide the ineptness of Brunell. That's the only way Brunell can last through the season and maybe that's what Joe Gibbs is banking on, but I just don't see it happening.

There's going to come a time when the receivers will start (if not already) to complain and possibly go public on this issue. You can already hear the frustration in their voices during locker room interviews. Right now this team is holding together as a team and a lot of that has to do with Joe Gibbs, but if he lets this problem fester any longer, this team will come apart faster than a strip tease artist at a bachelors party.

KINGFISH50 you naid it.

He shouldn't have let any problem fester. Get it out ,open, and overwith. I think if we lose this week bad enough the redskin world will come crashing down with ugly name calling and accusations. Gibbs is just trying to hold it together to try to reach some type of addhessivness with the men, but I don't know if that was the right way.

Dammit Joe. It's not about "it" (losing) being the fault of one person or not. It's the fact that Brunell is NOT anyones answer at QB now or for the future.

The excuse that "he gives us the best chance to win" is moot because * NEWS FLASH *, we're not and will not be winning very much this year.

So you're saying putting Jason in there we're going to win ten straight games that he is our savior. Like I have said for like one million times Brunell is not the only problem here there is a lot of people on this team just collecting paychecks what i see is a team as a whole not getting it done and that is being realistic not all this crap about Gibbs should be fired or Brunell should be bench it is the team period cut and dry.

"Because Jason Cambell is inexperienced and a seasoned veteren is what the offense needs."

the problem with that argument ought to be self evident. we have a "seasoned" vet running things and it hasn't made a dang difference. IT'S VERY CLEARLY NOT A DIFFERENCE MAKER. that argument is out the window.

You missed the point. They lost as a team and its easy to say change QB's. But what about the dropped balls, What about the defense? what about play calling getting away from the run

What's out the window is all these arguments of benching Brunell. The interception at the end of the game was costly. Everyone else got there mistakes to give up the game he just had the one that stuck out like a sore thumb.

True enough a team reflects leadership. Remember Brunell doesn't call his own plays in the huddle.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that by putting Campbell in ... the Skins win 10 straight. By playing, Campbell will have a chance to develop and conceivably become a dominating QB ... there is no evidence for or against this propsect. With Brunell ... there is consderable evidence of what you see is what you get. Bottom line, many fans ... moi included ... would rather cheer for a team that had an upside even if that means the team is out of it for this year (which probably it is).

Oh c'mon! How can you disagree with those same numbers adding to a rating of 86.4 EDIT: 86.9(2006) compared to a 69.8 (2004). That's not similar!

Because a QB rating is not that impressive to me. Its based on completions and your td/int rate. Not yards. Same way I think that a defense rating number 1 in Points Allowed is more impressive than a Defense rated #1 in yards.

Hey we disagree I can live with that if you can.

EDIT:

They both have the almost the same yards 300 yards difference, same TD/INT rate 5/3. Brunell is completing a higher percentage.

The kicker is the AVG yards per catch is similiar 2006 7.33yds, 2004 10.6yds.

It's real simple! Neither one can play DB or on the D line and get a sack! Why is all the blame being thrown on Brunell when it's obvious that there are more serious issues like Penalties and Defense.

Brunell is the 11th rated passer in passing rating! Translation, he is playing better than 2/3 of the QB's in the league! You are throwing away the season if your plan is to bench a QB playing this well regardless of what the team record is.

He should be one of the best with his supporting cast, the only reason he is ranked that high is because of a shovel pass, a screen to moss, and a 10 yard fade to moss, come on man...get the real picture...we have all of that horsepower and only can buy a few gallons of gas each week for brunell...the only way he looks good is if the receivers make him look good.

In the last 2 games brunell has less than 300 yards total offense, 2 fumbles, 1 INT (on first down with over 1 min left to get into field goal range for a tie...) all of this against bad defensive teams...come on man, get the picture...

I agree our defense isn't playing well, but they at least kept us in two games the offense should have been able to win...(MINN AND TENN) face it man, this season is going nowhere with noodle arm

The defense deserves to get blamed. But you also have to look at the offense.

If you can't sustain drives and constantly go 3 and out then your not helping the D. Brunell may get an unfair amount of the blame, but that comes with position he plays.

What I dont understand and I may have phrased it wrong is how some folks just exonerate him, or say he's not as bad is '04. He actually is very close to 04 form. The problem we have now is that the D is not as good as it was for the past two years.

It's due to injuries and its due to personal but it's also due to the offenses inability to sustain drive. :2cents:

I agree and have echoed the same intellegent ideas. Its a balance of blame...offense not converting 3rd downs...no defensive pass rush to protect injuries to corners.

It was a team lose Not Just Brunell....GOSKINSGO Handshake on you X's and O's Analysis:cheers: :cheers:

He should be one of the best with his supporting cast, the only reason he is ranked that high is because of a shovel pass, a screen to moss, and a 10 yard fade to moss, come on man...get the real picture...we have all of that horsepower and only can buy a few gallons of gas each week for brunell...the only way he looks good is if the receivers make him look good.

In the last 2 games brunell has less than 300 yards total offense, 2 fumbles, 1 INT (on first down with over 1 min left to get into field goal range for a tie...) all of this against bad defensive teams...come on man, get the picture...

I agree our defense isn't playing well, but they at least kept us in two games the offense should have been able to win...(MINN AND TENN) face it man, this season is going nowhere with noodle arm

Really...Who threw those touchdown passes to beat Dallas last year. Who threw the winning touchdown in overtime to beat the Jaguars in a time the defense should have held them to "0" points?

the defense kepted the games close but 3 and outs on the defensive side also wins game so...What's next? are going to holla for the head of the middle linebacker for giving the defensive plays Greg Williams calls?

So you're saying putting Jason in there we're going to win ten straight games that he is our savior. Like I have said for like one million times Brunell is not the only problem here there is a lot of people on this team just collecting paychecks what i see is a team as a whole not getting it done and that is being realistic not all this crap about Gibbs should be fired or Brunell should be bench it is the team period cut and dry.

I agree with your intellegent post

I don't think anyone is suggesting that by putting Campbell in ... the Skins win 10 straight. By playing, Campbell will have a chance to develop and conceivably become a dominating QB ... there is no evidence for or against this propsect. With Brunell ... there is consderable evidence of what you see is what you get. Bottom line, many fans ... moi included ... would rather cheer for a team that had an upside even if that means the team is out of it for this year (which probably it is).

It's not over yet!! They pulled it out last year didn't they? As long as post season is possible we must keep in our starting crew.

Ok, For all you guys who want Brunell benched, Look at our two rookies on the DL....they are running all over us without our veterens Griffin and Salavae...

If we start Jason Cambell all teams will do is Bliz all day and we will be on dementional because we will have to run to beat the bliz ...and screens all day.

I know what someone is about to write " We already run screens alot" its also a "randomly used tool to slow down the rush. with a rookie Qb they will do it all day even if they are burned deep to take away his composer.

Jason I would say is ready to back up in an emergency time but isn't ready to start.

The only comment I have on Gibb's statement is "Prove It". I know the man is a great leader and coach; that being said, he should know how to fix things.

Honestly, the manner in which our team is performing bothers me more than the results.

HTTR!!!

He doesnt have to prove it. Im sure he knows how to fix things but he needs his players to execute them.

Because a QB rating is not that impressive to me. Its based on completions and your td/int rate. Not yards. Same way I think that a defense rating number 1 in Points Allowed is more impressive than a Defense rated #1 in yards.

Hey we disagree I can live with that if you can.

EDIT:

They both have the almost the same yards 300 yards difference, same TD/INT rate 5/3. Brunell is completing a higher percentage.

The kicker is the AVG yards per catch is similiar 2006 7.33yds, 2004 10.6yds.

Alright. I guess I can't convince you. :cheers:

It is amazing the number of times I have read in the last few days fire Gibbs from what you might think are rational long term fans making statements not based on pure emotion directly following a loss but after they have had time to sleep and think about things.

Last year with Brunell managing the games we went to the second round of the playoffs this year 6 games in people want rid of him Gibbs and half of the team ...crazy....NE must be greatful they don't have such fans becasue they would have been calling for the head of Brady... If our fans followed Pitsburg pah superbowl bench Ben now would be the cry...

. I know if I was Gibbs and the playoffs were not mathematically out of reach I wouldn't put Cambell in because the first bad game he would be getting the same boos and the same fans shouting for Brunell and our fans already ruined with the help of none existant blocking bt the O line and Steve Spurrier one future hope for the future of the skins in Patrick Ramsey - whos confidence is so shot right now he cannot beat out a rookie for No.3. spot in NY.

Say Supadrumer ... I would like to see Campbell learn how to handle the blitz and BTW Brunell for all of his seniority does not do such a hot job ... he panics, rolls left, fumbles, etc. But your biggest problem (apparently) is that you still think the Skins have a season left to play ... are you kidding or what? Who on the schedule are they going to beat with Brunell?

It's real simple! Neither one can play DB or on the D line and get a sack! Why is all the blame being thrown on Brunell when it's obvious that there are more serious issues like Penalties and Defense.

Brunell is the 11th rated passer in passing rating! Translation, he is playing better than 2/3 of the QB's in the league! You are throwing away the season if your plan is to bench a QB playing this well regardless of what the team record is.

I beleive you will never get any group of people in the NFL to say something foolish like Brunell is better than 2/3 of the QB's in the NFL right now, perhaps 1 or 2 regardless of any stats. In fact, I have not heard anyone say anything other than replacing him. Remember Madden's comments in the Dallas game?

He was a prettyy good coach himself....

Archived