Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

POLL: Why do you go to Games?

Mass_SkinsFan

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Why do I get the feeling half the people who've answered thus far are lying? :rolleyes:

I think the categories are a bit limiting, and while I chose "B" and go to the games to cheer respectfully and allow others to enjoy the game around me, I usually end up getting half-****ed with my buddies (and wifey).

But I am a happy go lucky kind of drinker, I am a lover ... not a fighter. At least that's how I perceive myself. As for what others think of me, couldn't really say.

But I like to live by the mottos "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" and "love thy neighbor (unless they are a cowboys fans in which the previous no longer applies)" :D

For those asking, the concepts of being drunk in a public place and being respectful are antithetical to some of us. Therefore if you're drunk in a public place (like a sporting event) you're being disrespectful of your fellow fans by definition, therefore there is no such option in the poll.

Hope that clears it up sufficiently for you.

"Some of us" or just you?

I can imagine you sitting in your chair and having to actively think of not cheering just to support your own m.o.

I can get drunk and run around screaming GO SKINS! and not a damn single Redskin fan will think "wow, that dude is being totally disrespectful to us right now"

Sporting events are set up solely for the atmosphere, plain and simple.

"Some of us" or just you?

I can imagine you sitting in your chair and having to actively think of not cheering just to support your own m.o.

I can get drunk and run around screaming GO SKINS! and not a damn single Redskin fan will think "wow, that dude is being totally disrespectful to us right now"

Sporting events are set up solely for the atmosphere, plain and simple.

:cheers:

I agree...I am loud everygame and usually (well always) wasted and have never had any complaints in my section...most fans around me enjoy the fact that I am super die-hard...

I think the categories are a bit limiting, and while I chose "B" and go to the games to cheer respectfully and allow others to enjoy the game around me, I usually end up getting half-****ed with my buddies (and wifey).

But I am a happy go lucky kind of drinker, I am a lover ... not a fighter. At least that's how I perceive myself. As for what others think of me, couldn't really say.

But I like to live by the mottos "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" and "love thy neighbor (unless they are a cowboys fans in which the previous no longer applies)" :D

According to MSF, if a person is inoxicated in a public setting, this automatically qualifies them as choice D (You go to games to get drunk and act like a jerk).

Come on people, I know theres more of you who go to games to get drunk and act like a jerk. Join our noble cause!

:point2sky :dallasuck

cheer respectfully?

where the choice for going to the game,screaming my lungs out, and trash talking???

(this def doesnt fall under jerk)

The original poster and creator of the pole disagrees completely with your assertion that trash talking doesn't fall under the heading of "act like a jerk"

I agree...I am loud everygame and usually (well always) wasted and have never had any complaints in my section...most fans around me enjoy the fact that I am super die-hard...

That simply tells me that most of the people in your section are probably not the sort of people I'd want to sit with or around either.

Come on people, I know theres more of you who go to games to get drunk and act like a jerk. Join our noble cause!

Yep. About 90K every Sunday the Redskins have a home game from what I've read and seen.

I go for the sheer excitement of it all. From the second I walk through the seating tunnel and first see the green of the field to screaming while the opposing offense is on the field.

I can't wait to hear the Monday Night Football theme music echoing throughout the stadium this year. That is what it is all about!

According to MSF, if a person is inoxicated in a public setting, this automatically qualifies them as choice D (You go to games to get drunk and act like a jerk).

:point2sky :dallasuck

I think he has also said that he is in favor of executing people who are drunk in public.

• 1 month later...
I think he has also said that he is in favor of executing people who are drunk in public.

Isn't that what they do in Islamic countries? My buddy who lived in Yemen said they would stone drunks to death on the spot.

Isn't that what they do in Islamic countries? My buddy who lived in Yemen said they would stone drunks to death on the spot.

Hmm stone them to death?

I dunno, never been to Yemen. Its illegal in Saudi Arabia and my buddy who has a house there says its easy as crap to get away with drinking.

Who knows, I'm just glad its acceptable here!

:cheers:

Apparently I go to games because I don't manage my time/money well. If I were to list the games I have been to in the last decade, you would probably puke on your monitor.

It all started with moving the team to Maryland. Never worth it and I don't see it getting any better.

Here's $7 Mr Snyder... please convert this into an ice cold beer...wait, we're losing to the Falcons... I'll take two!

Apparently I go to games because I don't manage my time/money well. If I were to list the games I have been to in the last decade, you would probably puke on your monitor.

It all started with moving the team to Maryland. Never worth it and I don't see it getting any better.

Here's $7 Mr Snyder... please convert this into an ice cold beer...wait, we're losing to the Falcons... I'll take two!

It's $8 now.

Drink up! :cheers:

Ah Mass.

Another thread for attention.

You certainly seem to be needy today.

Your posts have elicited emotions throughout the day.

I notice you do this once in a while.

Must be when you are lonely........and.......well........as an educator I recognize when negative attention is better than no attention at all.

Archived