Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

POLL: Why do you go to Games?

Mass_SkinsFan

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Considering the recent discussions regarding the differing attitudes of fans in attendance at FedEx Field, and what people believe is the proper way for a fan to act, I'm really interested to know how people really do act, personally, in the stadium. Especially since I have/had been thinking about trying to get tickets for a home game next season.

So, folks which is it? Do you go to Redskins games.....

A. To watch the game silently and dispassionately.

This would include the "wine and cheese" or corporate seating fans who really aren't there for the game; and those fans who don't feel a need to get emotionally involved in the game.

B. To watch the game and cheer respectfully.

This would include the fans who are there predominantly to watch the game, and who cheer/boo at appropriate moments but are not so involved in their own personal experience that they keep other fans from being able to watch the game as well.

C. To watch the game and act like a jerk.

This group includes those fans whose main purpose in attending is to watch the game, but who feel it necessary to stand all the time, interfere with the other fan's ability to watch the game, be overly rowdy, or cause other spectacles.

D. To get drunk and act like a jerk.

This group is made up of those people whose sole purpose in attending games is to get as drunk as possible, and disregard as many social standards for behavior as possible. They go out of their way to annoy other fans and disrupt their ability to watch the game.

So, folks, where do you fall?

(poll to be posted a moment or two after this post goes up)

P.S. If this should really be in the Tailgate, my apologies and please relocate as necessary.

Considering the recent discussions regarding the differing attitudes of fans in attendance at FedEx Field, and what people believe is the proper way for a fan to act, I'm really interested to know how people really do act, personally, in the stadium. Especially since I have/had been thinking about trying to get tickets for a home game next season.

So, folks which is it? Do you go to Redskins games.....

A. To watch the game silently and dispassionately.

This would include the "wine and cheese" or corporate seating fans who really aren't there for the game; and those fans who don't feel a need to get emotionally involved in the game.

B. To watch the game and cheer respectfully.

This would include the fans who are there predominantly to watch the game, and who cheer/boo at appropriate moments but are not so involved in their own personal experience that they keep other fans from being able to watch the game as well.

C. To watch the game and act like a jerk.

This group includes those fans whose main purpose in attending is to watch the game, but who feel it necessary to stand all the time, interfere with the other fan's ability to watch the game, be overly rowdy, or cause other spectacles.

D. To get drunk and act like a jerk.

This group is made up of those people whose sole purpose in attending games is to get as drunk as possible, and disregard as many social standards for behavior as possible. They go out of their way to annoy other fans and disrupt their ability to watch the game.

So, folks, where do you fall?

(poll to be posted a moment or two after this post goes up)

P.S. If this should really be in the Tailgate, my apologies and please relocate as necessary.

MSF,

I do not fit any of your categories! I go to the game to cheer on my team but I refuse to boo. To me it is disrespectful. I also do stand a lot but I am in no way a jerk I am as respectful as I can be to the people behind me. I had a older gentleman one day behind me who could not stand so instead of standing upright I would crouch where he could still see. Him and I did not have any issues.

We do not stand to be rude and to be a jerk. We stand due to our own excitement. I am the first to admit if I see a good play unfolding before my eyes I can not help but jump out of my seat screaming my team on. You need to actually come to a game before you make that accusation.

here's how games work for me:

1.) get as drunk as possible in the lots before the game (goal: stumble into the stadium)

2.) get loud as possible without cussing around the kiddies (goal: lose my voice)

3.) watch the Redskins kick some ****ing ass and represent my city/region (goal: a victory)

the end.

How about "All of the above" (minus the jerk part)??

I'd say my mood changes throughout the game. The wife and I def enjoy drinking during the tailgate in the Green Lot. It's a ton of fun just to be around fellow Skins fan, enjoying the day, eating/drinking/socializing before we go in to see our beloved skins. Plus, all is right in the world during the tailgate. Good friends, no $7 beers, and the Skins are NOT LOSING since the game hasnt started.

When i get in, i cheer loudly and respectfully for our team. I do heckle fans of the opposing teams in our section and really try to lead the cheers in my sections. I never cuss b/c i'm respectful....especially if there are kids around enjoying the game with their family.

I do my best to stand on 3rd downs and all big plays but i dont stand if there is nobody standing in front of me. I can make just as much noise sitting down. However, once the folks in front of me stand, i'm UP!!

I also enjoy talking football with the fans beside me. Many of them are quiet until the wife and i start getting loud, cheering on our team. By the end of the game, it's high fives and hugs during all the big plays.

I truly believe in being as LOUD as possible during games but fully respecting EVERYONE in the section. I would be lying if i didnt say i wasnt there to drink as well. I really enjoy the quality time with my wife, drinking and socializing together before the game. During the game, i usually only have a beer or 2 b/c of the ridiculous prices. Most importantly, i'm there to see the team and be loud for all the fans that are watching the games at home.

Your choices are rather loaded dont you think?

The choices are based on the four types of fans I have had the pleasure and displeasure of meeting over the years at hockey, baseball, football and other sporting events at the high school. college, and professional levels. Yes, they are a little broad, but they're pretty much an overview of the main types of fans I have seen.

I didn't put an "other" option out there to ensure that those who chose to vote actually had to make a stand and put themselves into one category or another. If there'd been an "other" option, I believe most people would have chosen it as a way to try and mitigate or soften the category they really fall into.

Your choices are a f'ing joke, but I'm not surprised...

Oh? So I'm guessing that you fall into either category "C" or "D".... the sort of fans who make people like me totally disinterested in even attending games because we know we're not going to be able to watch the game without interference from those "seated" around us.

Your choices are rather loaded dont you think?

His choices are a f'ing joke and shows how some of these people are..

He's the same type of person that would be shooshing people to not be so loud because it's ruining his game experience, all the while the damn TV in the stadium is telling everyone to BE LOUDER...all the while the PLAYERS are telling the fans to be louder...all the while Joe Gibbs is out there braging about the fans being loud...and, it's a FOOTBALL game, not a damn opera.

If you go to watch the game, then watch the game and stop worrying about what other people are doing.

Oh? So I'm guessing that you fall into either category "C" or "D".... the sort of fans who make people like me totally disinterested in even attending games because we know we're not going to be able to watch the game without interference from those "seated" around us.

Nobody falls into your categorys :doh:

You just create them, judge people and point your finger and decide for yourself.

If you're that damn sensitive, then DON'T go to a football game.

Those choices are so slanted toward the response that you want people to give you that you should have saved your time posting the poll. You could probably get a great job for FoxNews or CNN though. You should have added:

E:The type of fan who should stay home or switch to golf.

MSF,

I do not fit any of your categories! I go to the game to cheer on my team but I refuse to boo. To me it is disrespectful. I also do stand a lot but I am in no way a jerk I am as respectful as I can be to the people behind me. I had a older gentleman one day behind me who could not stand so instead of standing upright I would crouch where he could still see. Him and I did not have any issues.

We do not stand to be rude and to be a jerk. We stand due to our own excitement. I am the first to admit if I see a good play unfolding before my eyes I can not help but jump out of my seat screaming my team on. You need to actually come to a game before you make that accusation.

It sounds like you fit somewhere between "B" and "C", Huly. The line between those two options is very thin, and not terribly clear all the time. I understand that. As for booing, we'll have to respectfully disagree on that issue. We have different viewpoints and that's perfectly fine.

I have no problem with someone jumping up and down when there is a reason to. Hell, I've been known to do it myself on rare occassions. However, my backside is always back on the plastic seat before the next play starts. I have no problem with people being loud and somewhat rowdy. So long as they are not interfering with any other patron's ability to see and experience what is happening on the field.

Archived