Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Hyperventilating Knee Jerk Reaction Thread Of Negativity (MERGED)

HateYanksDukeCowboys

The frustration is really showing. Our team is close to falling apart. Penalties are adding up. What's worse is that I'm in Tennessee right now.

Be glad you aren't at a sports bar decked out in redskins gear. But if you are, I don't know how you can still type clearly as I would be completely hammered. :doh:

I've been a Redskins fan all my life and only thought about giving up on them once before (3 years ago). I'm not saying that I'm doing so now, but this is crazy. One week we're up next two weeks we're down. WHAT'S GOING ON? Sometimes I think we made to many off season transactions. Of course bringing in new blood and shelling out all this money just to lose. This reminds me of the latter part of Norv Turners' coaching career with us.

As much as I hate to do it, and as much as I love Coach Gibbs, there is something wrong at the top.

1. The 4th qtr. just started in the Titans game and Clinton has 11 carries for 53 yards. Why is a guy getting nearly five yards per carry only getting the ball 3.6 times per QUARTER?

2. T. J. Duckett, who is a very, very good RB, is still on the bench on this team. There just something not right about that, IMO. I know I don't have all the facts to make a clear judgment, but I sure would like to know why we basically paniced and traded a valuable third round pick for a guy who isn't even playing. I say put the guy in and let him and Portis pound the defense down. I like Betts, but I think he's a better receiver than runner, and we have plenty of guys who can catch the ball as good or better than him.

3. Our defense still isn't playing real well. Our vaunted run defense has given up over 120 yards to Henry through three quarters, and Vince Young is having his best game as a pro yet against our swiss cheese pass defense. Gregg Williams seems to be playing scared week in and week out. That seems out of character for him during his tenure here, but it's something we see on the field nonetheless.

4. We have 82 yards in the entire 2nd half of the Titans game. More offensive ineptness. It starts at the top.

You have to wonder how long the positive mindset that "we're really better than we look, and it's just a matter of time before we click" can last. If we lose to an 0-5 Titans team we are not waiting to "click." We just stink.

I have made several observations over the last few weeks that I think need to be addressed. If I were a coach on this team, I would try to notice trends!

First thing I wish to address is the fact that we seem incapable of coming back when we are down. We are one-dimensional in MANY ways. The only receiver Brunell seems to see is Santana Moss. Does everyone really think that Brandon Llyod is not getting open? I have seen him wide open at times, and teams do not even seem to cover him! Brunell just does not see him often. Look at how many looks Brunell goes through. He only looks maybe one or two ways before making a throw, and if the second option does not work, he often throws it away because someone is in his face. We need him to start using all of his weapons, but he currently is not.

Secondly, I have noticed that our linebackers seem to do a lot of overloading sides this year. Teams seem to notice this, and a lot of counter runs are producing very substantial gains. Look at three linebackers on one side. What in the world is Gregg Williams thinking? The loss of Pierson Prieleau seems to be big also because Adam Archuletta has been a liablity in pass coverage. I hope that the pass coverage can be shored up, but we cannot stop anybody right now. Our defense lets teams run and pass with efficiency, and the funny thing is that the same plays work week after week. We have not improved on our weaknesses. Instead, teams do the same thing every week, and we fall susceptible to them again and again.

I hope these problems can be fixed, but I also hope that the Redskin coaches notice this stuff on the game film! Let's fix our problems, and fire it up for future games! Hail to the Redskins!!

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Archived