Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins in 2nd Place after this weekend??

footballhenry

It could happen. Redskins are home against the Titans and I know Tennessee is a tough team but there is no way that our team loses this one. Were going to come out fired up and ready to prove ourselves, we ARE a good football team. We'll prove that were one of the best in the NFC with time.

Giants visit the Vick-led Atlanta Falcons, a team playing some great football so far this season for the most part...Giants aren't very good on the road usually, and while this will definitely be a close game I think the Falcons will squeak by. Vick will make enough plays against that D to win.

The Eagles visit New Orleans this week, Drew Brees has been playing very well for them and really the Saints have amazing team chemistry so far but so do the Eagles. I think most likely the Eagles would win this one, but it is in New Orleans and the Saints seem to be playing with alot of energy this season; Saints can win this one guys.

Now the least likely to happen but STILL possible, Texans over the Cowboys. Now yes it is in Dallas, and yes Dallas is a MUCH MUCH better team than the Texans. But it is a Texas rivalry game, and you just never know in this league...plus Houston has showed signs of promise. Really, this is a bit of a stretch as I'm really just hoping that the 'texas rivalry' factor will motivate the Texans to keep it close and perhaps pull the upset.

Best-Case Scenario

Atlanta Over N.Y. Giants

Saints Over Philly

Texans Over Cowboys

Skins Over Titans

-----------------------

NFC East after Week 6 (I hope!!) :D

Eagles 4-2

Skins 3-3

Cowboys 2-3

Giants 2-3

This thread should not even exist.

The LAST thing we should be worried about is how the other teams are doing right now. Unless we have home-field advantage locked up, it's futile trying to jockey for 2nd place this early in the season. There is WAY too much football to be played for 2nd place to matter right now.

We need to focus on our own business for now. That business is the Titans.

:)

Yeah that would be great and all but Dallas will win, Philly will win, and NY is a toss up. Even if it does pan out and they all lose, we would have beaten 3 AFC teams and still have an 0-3 conference record witch sucks. The Vikings game will come back to hurt us when all is said and done.

Week 6

Houston @ Dallas - Dallas COULD lose, not likely but you never know

New York G @ Atlanta - Atlanta COULD pull that off

Philadelphia @ New Orleans - New Orleans is playin like a playoff team

Week 7

Philadelphia @ Tampa Bay - Gruden aint happy, that team aint gonna be jokin around anymore.

New York G @ Dallas - if they could both lose that would be great BUT i give this one to

Week 8

Jacksonville @ Philadelphia - Jacksonville could definately pull that out

Tampa Bay @ New York Giants - Liek i said, Gruden aint happy

Dallas @ Carolina - Carolina needs to keep winning depending on New Orleans

we could definately be playing for a lot higher standings when we come home week 9 agains dallas

i like your optimism, but i just don't see see this happening.

ATL might be able to sneak past NY, but i don't know how effective their passing game is (especially with vick). their run game is vicious, but i think NY can contain enough of the run to keep them in the game.

eagles losing to the saints is very possible. i don't see it happening, but very possible since the saints are at home and the eagles just haven't been tested that well. i don't really have a concrete reason why i feel this way cause i haven't seen the saints play, but from what i've heard they're not a pushover team anymore.

cowboys losing to the texans is a death-wish for bledsoe. i don't see them not coming out and blowing up that team like they did the titans. this will be a confidence boost for the cowboys like it or not.

i definitely agree that we're not out of it yet, weirder things have happened. but i have a hard time seeing it be that easy for us to get back into the race this soon. but i'm hoping that everything you said happens! :fingersx:

This thread should not even exist.

The LAST thing we should be worried about is how the other teams are doing right now. Unless we have home-field advantage locked up, it's futile trying to jockey for 2nd place this early in the season. There is WAY too much football to be played for 2nd place to matter right now.

We need to focus on our own business for now. That business is the Titans.

:)

Correction, the team needs to focus on the Titans. We, FANS, can focus on whatever we damn well please:) and yes that means rooting and hoping for rivals to lose, why wouldn't you? :helmet:

i'm with you...

if bledsoe plays like he did on sunday, and david carr continues to quietly be one of the highest-rated QBs - HOU COULD win. its unlikely, but i do think they'll keep it much closer than people think (in the same way TEN almost upset the 18 pts. favorite IND at indy last week)

ATL, on the other hand, i believe is a much, much better team than NYG. the giants coming off a bye week at home understandably beat the skins. but ATL is at home , and coming off a bye, and that is a tough task for anyone, especially with abraham back. the giants are a team that can look legitimately terrible for many quarters.

that leaves PHI at NO. i believe NO right now has the best home field advantage in the NFL. would not be surprised if PHI had a let-down game after the hype of the T.O.-game, regardless of the opponent. in this case, playing in new orleans, where every week the saints seem to be playing like the giants did after mara died, will be too much.

SKINS-TEN? skins are inconsistent, but if there's one thing they can do under the gibbs II era, its beat up on bad teams. they did it against HOU earlier this year. vince young will not be able to handle the Fed Ex crowd. yes, the titans kept it close against the colts, but football is all about matchups, and though IND is a better team than the skins, i think the skins offer a much tougher matchup - a stronger running game + deep threats makes it in some ways tougher to defend than the more one-dimensional colts, no matter how much great manning is. and the colts can't stop the run, but the skins can, and will, leaving the titans' hopes resting on vince young's rookie ability to make the right reads and throws - a tough task for any rookie. last year, alex smith and ryan fitzpatrick are examples of what greg williams' defense can do to rookie QBs...

GO SKINS

Archived