Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Scarface Video Game

Obibyn23

Can someone tell me why these games and/or the movies they are based on are so appealing? It seems like they are doing nothing but endorsing criminal behavior.

And before anyone calls me insulting names or anything, just know, I'm asking an honest and serious question.

Can someone tell me why these games and/or the movies they are based on are so appealing? It seems like they are doing nothing but endorsing criminal behavior.

And before anyone calls me insulting names or anything, just know, I'm asking an honest and serious question.

Why are movies like 'The Passion of the Christ' and 'The Ten Commandments' so appealing? It seems like they are doing nothing but endorsing religious behavior.

Why are movies like 'The Passion of the Christ' and 'The Ten Commandments' so appealing? It seems like they are doing nothing but endorsing religious behavior.
I think they are endorsing religion. So is that the answer? They are appealing to certain people, because they want to be criminals? Are you afraid to say that you would like to be like a coke dealer/murderer from Cuba?

I think they are endorsing religion. So is that the answer? They are appealing to certain people, because they want to be criminals? Are you afraid to say that you would like to be like a coke dealer/murderer from Cuba?

Afraid? Where'd that come from?

No, what I'm saying is that these movies and/or video games are just that, movies and/or video games. In other words they aren't real. It's not the game or movies fault that people can't distinguish between the two - hell, I know you religious people have a pretty hard time too. :D

It's like David Cross said - what violent movie did Hitler watch growing up?

People need to understand to leave it on the screen. Hell, I love LOTR - you don't see me out slaying dragons or hunting down hobbits - tasty, tasty hobbits... :drool:.... I'll be right back.

It's simple really, because they're fun.

There are some very good qualitys in Tony's character that all men should have.

He's strong and goes after what he wants.

He doesn't let fear or other feelings stand in his way.

The problem is, he went after the wrong thing(fame, money, drugs, women), and he did it the wrong way(murder, stealing, breaking the law, etc.).

It's simple really, because they're fun.
There are some very good qualitys in Tony's character that all men should have.

He's strong and goes after what he wants.

He doesn't let fear or other feelings stand in his way.

The problem is, he went after the wrong thing(fame, money, drugs, women), and he did it the wrong way(murder, stealing, breaking the law, etc.).

Now these are the answers I was looking for. I just wanted to know. They pretty much don't appeal to me (Godfather, Scarface, Goodfellas, etc.) I just wanted some feedback, not a dissertation on whether or not violent media leads to real violence.

the reason those games are so appealing, or at least to me is that most of these crime oriented games are more open ended and bigger than a lot of video games. most notably the GTA series where there is a whole city or even state to explore. they arent as linear as a lot of other video games where the player has to accomplish a set of tasks in only one way. on the other hand, these games allow the player to go about his business in different ways. although i havent played scarface or the godfather, most of these crime games are being based on GTA's open ended style of play. and although there are other open ended games of different genres, not everyone wants to grow fat and pimply, just see the South Park episode on World of Warcraft :laugh:

So if I play Super Mario Bro, I would like to be a fat Itallian plumber who stomps on peoples heads?

So if I play Super Mario Bro, I would like to be a fat Itallian plumber who stomps on peoples heads?
I was just asking a question. Trying to find out why something is appealing. I imagine Mario brothers is appealing because it is challenging and fun. What would you say is the appeal of a Movie like Scarface, not the video game?

I was just asking a question. Trying to find out why something is appealing. I imagine Mario brothers is appealing because it is challenging and fun. What would you say is the appeal of a Movie like Scarface, not the video game?

I think we've offically gone into 'needing another thread....' :)

DING DING DING we have a winner!!!!! Game is a complete rip of GTA: Vice City, and an embarrasment to the movie itself

But how is GTA: Vice City NOT a complete rip of Scarface the movie?

The game is good, and is not an embarrassment to the movie...atleast not in my opinion.

But how is GTA: Vice City NOT a complete rip of Scarface the movie?

The game is good, and is not an embarrassment to the movie...atleast not in my opinion.

I was thinking the same thing.

The scareface soundtrack is on VC.

It takes place in a very miami-ish city at the exact same time as the movie.

GTA was such a huge success, it was only a matter of time before it was copied.

And that's a good thing if you like that style of game.

Saints Row is another GTA rip-off, but the graphics are far better.

I noticed another title but I forgot the name of it.

Street Fighter 2 Turbo spawned the fighting genre.

Eventually much better games surpassed the street fighter in quality.

I was thinking the same thing.

The scareface soundtrack is on VC.

It takes place in a very miami-ish city at the exact same time as the movie.

GTA was such a huge success, it was only a matter of time before it was copied.

And that's a good thing if you like that style of game.

Saints Row is another GTA rip-off, but the graphics are far better.

I noticed another title but I forgot the name of it.

are you thinking of True Crime?

Archived