Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

coaches or the players...

Eagle091

Hear me out……

I don’t think I’m the only REDSKINS fan who felt a sense of optimism when this season began, but I suppose I should have paid more attention to the pre-season warning signs. Even though we had lost all 4 pre-season games I was still willing to discount them as meaningless exhibition games. Then we opened the season losing to the Vikings, in a game we should have won. We never bothered to show up in Dallas, and aside from our only win against the Texans, today’s loss against the Giants proves we’re the personification of mediocrity. Mind you we were lucky to get past Jaguars (we’ll probably give that win back to Tennessee next week!) or we could be 1-4! Our offensive line is clearly overrated, and our defensive secondary, patched together in Shawn Springs’ absence, with Rumpf and Wright is extremely vulnerable which probably explains why we’re not blitzing on 3rd and 18. Does anyone know how long Shawn Springs will be out? Aside from the fact, he can’t seem to stay healthy long enough to play 3 games in a row, without sustaining an injury, that’ll probably sideline him for several more games I wouldn’t hold my breath for his return. As for for stupid players who make stupid mistakes, see PENALTIES 101.

As much as I love and support Coach Gibbs, this is the first time I can’t seem to understand what is really going on with our Redskins. We’ve now lost 2 inter-divison games and we haven’t even played the Eagles yet, who appear to be better than both the Cowboys and the Giants! I can understand a loss here and there, but not like this! Today’s loss to the Giants, ranked 27th in passing, is absofreakin’lutely ridiculous!!! Could it be, that Gibbs, being mortal as he is, erred in bringing in Al Saunders? I’m sure Saunders’ offensive schemes work, but I’m just not sure we have the proper personnel.

I’m sorry, but today’s loss really bothers me......Here’s a Giants team that gets blown-out in Seattle, and is 4-15 after a bye week and today they play against the Redskins like they’re bound for the SUPER BOWL. Regrettably, I don’t think the Redskins are talented and athletic enough to play with any consistency even without the injuries. I’m sure they’ll play a good game or two before the end of the season, but I'm inclined to believe there's a few more eggs waiting to be laid, as well!

The Giants re-grouped with the bye week. Without the bye they lose. The skins always have trouble in NY. The coaches didn't come with a good game plan. However, the players didn't get it done either. The skins Oline failed today. They failed mostly in creating running lanes. I also think Brunell is not getting it done as well as needs to be done.

The fault must lie on both players and coaches! When players can not produce in an aspect of the game, the coaches must make adjustments. The Dline got no push, DB's gave too much cushion, Oline was a sieve, etc... There never seemed to be any visible adjustments by the coaches. Today both coaches and players failed! :doh:

I blame the Offense, Al Saunders, the Dline, The linebackers ,the secondary and Williams. Hell I blame the whole team.

-The Offense couldnt get anything going and barely stayed on the field.

-Al Saunders was making bad calls all night, on third down you do the guaranteed play to get a first down, not risk it all and hope to catch them off guard.

-Williams looked like he was scared of blitzing because of what happened last week, we didnt get anything going

-The Dline was unimpressive, if you arent going to pressure the quarterback, atleast stop the run. Golston and Montgomery looked better out there at DT.

-The linebackers werent making tackles or stopping the run.

-Secondary was giving HUGE cushions on THIRD down, what the hell.

The only good thing about this game is that it bassicaly prooved to me that Sean Taylor causes fumbles and it looks like hes been working on it.

The Redskins played today's game like they were the one-legged man in an ass kickin' contest. Tiki Barber always seems to have big games against us, no matter how well we prepare for him. Heck, I think he can run for a hundred yards on one leg!

Archived