Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

best Redskins safety ever

tonyriggins

Pro Bowls mean nothing. Popularity contest, period.

But ST has the chance because of sheer presence on the field. You're forced to respect where he is, point blank, and that makes differences in games.

IMHO

Oh yeah, and he's a ****ing bulldozer.

Ken Houston and there is too big of a gap for anybody to catch him.

That is quite a statement, especially since the best safety prospect ever is currently 23 years old and locked down on the Skins for at least 7 years, and I don't see Snyder ever letting Sean T. go - barring something horrible happening.

Yeah because we all know that a player's talent and worth is judged by how many probowls he has been to :doh:

First off, Sean will - he is only 23 right now, but yeah I totally agree with you - I mean Jon Jansen was a Sporting News All-Pro right tackle last year, and he didn't make the probowl! :laugh:

BTW Sean has been a pro-bowl alternate every year including his rookie one, right? I don't think they differentiate between alternate and regular, since injury leads to probowl starters 9 times out of 10.

well, back in the day, ken houston had presence on the field too. some called him the toughest redskin; others called him the dirtiest. at one time, he held the nfl record for most INTs returned for a TD. he also made one of the greatest plays in redskin history when he stopped walt garrison and the cowboys at the goal line to win an epic monday night game. taylor is going to be great, but he's not the best... not yet.

I don't know what the debate is. Houston had 7-8 great seasons with the Redskins. ST has had one, plus an up and down rookie year. If ST goes on to play the next 10 years with the Redskins and stays at the top of his game, then we can start debating this. Right now though, Houston is an easy choice.

Sammy Baugh - Only player in NFL history to lead the league in TDs thrown and INTs (caught). I think he might have punted or dropped kicked too. But yet Vote should be unanimous for Houston.

I believe he holds some major punting records....couldnt find the stats although I didnt search too long

Ken Houston and there is too big of a gap for anybody to catch him. Although I think they was another guy before my time I didnt get to see play. We have had some good ones :)

Were you thinking of Paul Krause, the HOF safety? He played his his first several seasons with the Skins before he was traded to the Vikings.

Krause was truly a great player, practically from his first game in the league. I think he set the NFL record for career interceptions.

yeah Krause, but not sure how long he play for us. Taylor's problem is their is alot of great safeties out there right now. Sorry to say but there is no such thing as a Redskin for life anymore, Sean will proabley play in his prime for someone else. Hopefully I am wrong, but you know we have to let some of our best players go every year, thats just the way it is with the salary cap monster.

Archived