Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Authentic NFL Player Jersery $90 Received Jersey

I_Bleed_B&G

Here we go again.....

I just called Champ Sports and they advised me that the jersey I ordered is on backorder and will not arrive until mid-November. I asked if that were the case, would I then be able to subsitute an alternate size. After talking with a supervisor, the rep advised me that this order is being cancelled because Amazon had listed the incorrect price and they cannot honor that size. I spoke to the supervisor who then tried to tell me that there is no expected delivery date so I would be getting a refund since my size is no longer in stock, and that I'd have to pay full retail of $281 if I wanted to place a new order later on if new ones were received in inventory.

I told her that this was total BS, was the equivalent of bait and switch, and that I planned on reporting them to the BBB and well as having my credit card company investigate them for fraud. She basically said that I could do what I wanted but that she was not authorized to honor that price. I told her that I was well aware that they were trying to back out of fulfilling my order because of a pricing error, but she denied that and tried to make it sound like it was due to the item not being in stock and Champs having no indication of when they might be available again. I asked to speak to the supervisor's supervisor, but she apparently wasn't available and is supposedly going to be calling me back when she's in (yeah, we'll see).

If you ordered one and haven't received a delivery notification, I'd expect that your order may be cancelled as mine apparently has been.

Well, no cancellation yet, and they did charge my card, so it looks good so far.

I think those who have tried to backorder it are going to get canned and there isn't much you can do about it. If that's true, and you still have Eastbay's backorder deal, that is going to be the best way to go.

Jason

Here we go again.....

I just called Champ Sports and they advised me that the jersey I ordered is on backorder and will not arrive until mid-November. I asked if that were the case, would I then be able to subsitute an alternate size. After talking with a supervisor, the rep advised me that this order is being cancelled because Amazon had listed the incorrect price and they cannot honor that size. I spoke to the supervisor who then tried to tell me that there is no expected delivery date so I would be getting a refund since my size is no longer in stock, and that I'd have to pay full retail of $281 if I wanted to place a new order later on if new ones were received in inventory.

I told her that this was total BS, was the equivalent of bait and switch, and that I planned on reporting them to the BBB and well as having my credit card company investigate them for fraud. She basically said that I could do what I wanted but that she was not authorized to honor that price. I told her that I was well aware that they were trying to back out of fulfilling my order because of a pricing error, but she denied that and tried to make it sound like it was due to the item not being in stock and Champs having no indication of when they might be available again. I asked to speak to the supervisor's supervisor, but she apparently wasn't available and is supposedly going to be calling me back when she's in (yeah, we'll see).

If you ordered one and haven't received a delivery notification, I'd expect that your order may be cancelled as mine apparently has been.

This is not good news. I suspect this is going to happen to everybody who ordered from Amazon/Champs. My "shipping estimate" was Oct 9-10. My experience with Amazon is the ship date is just an estimation and doesn't really mean anything. That's why there is no tracking info. My experience is, the "delivery estimate" is just an implied guess and has nothing to do with reality.

The fact is, the wholesale price of these jerseys is more than this sale price.

I think this order is one of those "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" deals.

I suspect this is going to happen to everybody who ordered from Amazon/Champs.

Yeah, I expect that anyone who ordered through Champs who has not received a shipped confirmation will be having a problem. What I've learned is that Champs and Eastbay (and Footlocker as well) are sister companies owned by the same parent company who all draw inventory from the same warehouse. Anyone who has tuned into this entire thread who read how the Eastbay reps tried to do anything not to honor the orders can expect the same treatment from Champs as the reps are one and the same.

I'm still trying to get the CS supervisor on the phone with no luck, and have only been able to get an email from her quoting their policy on reserving the right to cancel orders due to typographical errors.

Yeah, I expect that anyone who ordered through Champs who has not received a shipped confirmation will be having a problem.

It is hard to say, since it looks like the order process is different from the normal Amazon process. It looks like once they process the order, they are no longer in control of it, because they say on the site to contact Champs Sports for order information (and a feedback system, similar to EBay.)

In any case, if the price is in error, they have yet to take down the page or correct the price. It is still at the link (listing only sizes 54 and 56 as being available.)

In any case, I have a week to wait until I try contacting them on the status, or they tell me they aren't shipping it.

Jason

Got mine yesterday. I imediately put it on, wore it to my buddies and whiped him with the skins against the eagles on madden and even wore it to church. My boss is a cowgirls fan so i'll be wearing this thing at least once a week to aggrivate her. Thanks to the original poster. I also found out that a local guy sells authentics for 75 bucks. I'm sure they fell off a truck or he is getting them directly from korea. I'm gonna research it and if its right i'll be ebay bound with them. I'll keep you guys updated.

Archived