Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

joking and teasing aside.....

Eagle091

Gibbs said that he'd remain with the organization until the end of his contract. He signed a signed a five-year deal at the beginning of 2004, which means that he should still be around until 2009.

Now the real question is if he will give HC duties to either Saunders or Williams before the end of 2008 season and remain team President.

will gibbs coach past next season?? his age and success in nascar I think would lean towards no. and also, parcells is kind of in the same category. especially if neither make the playoffs or don't go very far into them.

His son is running the NASCAR business now. No way is he going to take that away from him.

I've had a feeling for awhile that this would be his last year as HC, though I agree he may remain on the team in some capacity.

He has gotten the resurgence started, thank God. But I think someone else (Williams) will finish it.

During that Jags game he looked incredibly nervous and on edge. My dad and I were watching him on the sidelines everytime they cut to him. He was pacing back and forth, sweating, biting his nails. It was sort of sad. I felt bad for him. Maybe he's always been like that but even my dad was worried about him. Saying he didn't want him coaching if it was going to **** up his health. I don't know though. Maybe one of the older folks can clarify.

During that Jags game he looked incredibly nervous and on edge. My dad and I were watching him on the sidelines everytime they cut to him. He was pacing back and forth, sweating, biting his nails. It was sort of sad. I felt bad for him. Maybe he's always been like that but even my dad was worried about him. Saying he didn't want him coaching if it was going to **** up his health. I don't know though. Maybe one of the older folks can clarify.

I do think some of it has to do with age, but at the same time, I think it has to do with his connection to the team.

Not many coaches have a deep connection with the team they coach for, and much less the organization. As Gibbs has stated, this is his dream job. During the overtime drive, you could see Gibbs with his eyes closed, as he was probably just praying to have his team win. To me, that's why I think that he looks so emotional/drained/nervous/sad/sick/etc. during and after games. He honestly lives and dies with the team each week. And when I say that, I say that with the utmost confidence.

whodel, I can tell you've been a fan during the eagles winning ways. before andy reid, this team had no direction since 1980. that's 25 yrs of non winning football. as someone who's older than you and been through 25 ****tynyears, I think you need to realize what andy has done for the eagles franchise and brought winning football to a city and fans that were starved for it. as much as gibbs is loved here, andy is loved in philly just as much.

I'd love to win the Super Bowl and then have Gibbs retire. At that point I'd gladly like to have that "problem."

But really, who knows? Gibbs said he'd stay until his contract expired and his NASCAR team(s?)are doing fine without him.

Parcells just recently signed an extension too. So he could stay.

Gibbs wasn't any more 'stressed' against the Jaguars then he was in the 1980's facing LT, Reggie White and the host of great NFC East players on division rivals :)

But potentially looking down the barrel at 1-3 gets ANY coach to sit up and bite his lip..........

warhead, then you have no clue about andy reid.

Sorry. Very few coaches are as revered by the fans of their organization as Gibbs is. Its comparible to how Shula, Knoll and Ditka were seen in their respective cities.

Reid might be very well liked in Philly but there isnt a chance in hell that he reaches this standard yet.

That might change if he ever gets his hands on a Lombardi, but as of right now you're quite mistaken.

warhead, then you have no clue about andy reid.

And you have absolutely no clue as to what Gibbs means to the city of D.C....I'm not EVEN slightly exaggerrating when I say that. None.

In your words, Reid is about bringing winning football back to Philly.

In our words, Gibbs is about bringing constant championships to Washington. Winning football no longer has a huge effect on Skins fans. Reid has brought one Super Bowl appearance to Eagles fans in 6 years. Gibbs has brought 4 Super Bowl appearances and 3 Super Bowl championships to Skins fans in 12 years.

D.C. is the capital of heated division...democrats vs. republicans, liberals vs. conservatives, etc, etc...but every stinkin' one on both sides of every division were brought together by Gibbs, his winning teams and his championship years. Reid hasn't even come within 1,000 lightyears of meaning to Philly what Gibbs means to Washington.

You have no clue whatsoever. And I'm not even saying that as an insult. You just truly do not know.

Heh. Any coach that wins multiple SB's for his town is automatically loved more than a coach who came close but couldn't get it done. Marv Levy? Probably liked a lot during his time in Buffalo, not really looked back on the same way Joe Gibbs was looked back on even before he came back. Same with Andy Reid. He's liked a lot because he keeps his team in contention, but unless he brings home some hardware, he's Marv Levy Jr.

Think of this...

After Gibbs started off his head coaching career here 0-5, his teams went on to go 37-7...appear in two Super Bowls...and win one championship...all in the next 2 1/2 years.

That's astounding...ridiculously so. And blows away pretty much anything any other coach in the NFC East has ever done. Ever. That kind of automatic, ferocious start to your coaching career is gonna have you enshrined on Mount Olympus in the fans' eyes and hearts...and to just continue that success over the next 9 years? Please.

Archived