Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tailgate crashing

Dallsux

A friend of mine & I were discussing doing something like this, since neither of us have the money for tickets right now. He was telling me that, at one time in his life, he had season tickets & he accidentally left the tickets for one of the games at home. So they went back into the parking lot & found someone with a tv & watched the game in the parking lot & just kept tailgating. Has anyone ever done this or something like this? I'm thinking that I would love to be part of the crowd, but can't go the whole way & hoping that we will become pioneers. ;) Of course, I might have to start taking Mondays off. :2drunks: :doh:

:D

Its a great idea, I have thought about doing it but never have. Some Friends of mine that dont have tickets may do it sometime this year. Just come hang out with us in the parking lot and continue to tailgate while the game is going on. I think it would be pretty sweet as long as you can watch it on TV. I dont know if I would make it though, After 4 hours of tailgating I am pretty loaded, I only have a beer or two in the stadium (Damn 7 dollar beers!) so I sober up a bit. If I continued boozing in the parking lot for anohter 4 hours I dont think I would see any of the game. BUT IT WOULD BE FUN TO TRY!

I've thought of that too. If I was ever super broke, I could sell my tix, but keep the green pass and just hang in the lot. Half the fun is the tailgate anyway. So I'd have half the fun for a tenth of the price. And there's always the chance I could buy left over tix from some scalper at a dirt cheap price after kickoff. I seriously doubt my wife would go for this, so I'd have to find a diehard buddy. And I'd have to be broke. lol

yea i did it last year for the cowboys game. we had a crappy little tv and lots of beer and food. it was awesome. in fact unsonny and some of the other guys from ES got kicked out of the game for standing and they found us. we gave them food, drink, and comfort. we became known as the "parking lot orphans". in fact, they told me to go to ES and join up, so i did, and it's quickly become one of my favorite obsessions. so in short, yes, tailgate crashing is awesome.

makes sense, don't got tickets, just come party with Redskin Nation

then again, I don't know how you can resist not buying tickets from a tailgater or scalper and watching the game live

Well, believe me, it's not about not wanting the tickets or trying to refrain from buying them. It's about, you can't bleed blood from a rock, kinda thing. With no money to buy those tickets, resisting isn't as hard as you think. ;)

Do a search in the tailgate section. There is parking lot lore of a group of youngsters known as the Parking Lot Orphans that do exactly as you have described. I believe even some pics and a good story or two. :)
yea i did it last year for the cowboys game. we had a crappy little tv and lots of beer and food. it was awesome. in fact unsonny and some of the other guys from ES got kicked out of the game for standing and they found us. we gave them food, drink, and comfort. we became known as the "parking lot orphans". in fact, they told me to go to ES and join up, so i did, and it's quickly become one of my favorite obsessions. so in short, yes, tailgate crashing is awesome.

Hmm, sounds like I might have to start hooking up with these "Orphans"

Funny you should say that. We were tailgating and continued to tailgate because 2 of the 4 of us didnt have tickets. So we gave the 2 tickets to this guy who needed them to take his son to his first game. Needless to say we had the food brew and tv. We had a blast.

Archived