Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Donovin Darius Comment

Poteet

I did a search and don't believe this has been posted yet... so here is one of D. Darius' post game comments:

From watching film on these guys, I could see a wounded dog. It shows (the Redskins) are very talented and Mark is still a great quarterback,” safety Donovin Darius said. “We gave up explosive plays and didn't get off the field on third down.

I think that shows a lot of class by Darius (who had an awful game). And it's interesting that the Jags saw something that many Skins fans had lost faith in.

This was obviously a huge win guys... let's keep the faith (through the ups and downs) and have the same kind of heart and attitude that I witnessed first-hand from the 12th man last night.

It was a "good" win.... Nothing great...

We gave up way too many easy big plays.... We just had the answer on offense.

Once we patch up the wholes in the D backfield, we'll be ok.....

DB's played good for the most part.

But their WR's arent that good anyway.

but overall "good" win

but overall "good" win

Their recievers have boatloads of talent they are just inexperienced as a group. Hopefully Springs is on his way back as we'll be needing him.

but overall "good" win

a "good" win? are you kidding me? the jaguars are one of the best teams in the league with one of the best defenses. and we scored 36 points on them and won in overtime.. on a 68-yd td pass to my man 89. That was a great ass win and it might even turn out to be the greatest win we'll have this season. give credit where credit is do, the team dug deep for this one.

The Jags hadn't given up 36 points since the 2nd game of the 2003 season.

I'd say that it was more than a good win. The defense does need to get it together though. Imagine this offense with the 2004 defense. Wish we kept Pierce. He has to be worth at least as much as Archuleta or Randel El.

Overall, I don't think the defense played that bad. They gave up two "bad" plays. The first touchdown to Reggie Williams (several missed tackles) and the touchdown to Jones-Drew where they tried to cover him with Andre Carter. He blew by everybody. They marched down the field for their third touchdown, but there were some great catches by Williams on that drive, including the touchdown where Taylor leveled him and knocked his helmet off but he held on. Also, on the tying field goal drive, we just missed an interception by Rumph that could've sealed it (Might have been offensive interference there). We did get four sacks, dominate the time of possession by almost 10 minutes and hold them to 33 yards rushing. Again, overall I though the defense played "good". The win was "great".

but overall "good" win

I hear what you mean. An elite team would have put the Jags away at 27-17. We aren't quite there yet.

We are going to have to put the Giants away and close better this weekend, because they are probably the best team in the NFL right now in the 4th quarter.

That was a great win for the offense. I don't mind because the D has been carrying us for 1 and a half years, but I want to see us put it all together. I want to see the late 80's and especially '91 skins where you score 40 plus on a team easily and you shut them out to boot. Giants have me norvous because I have seen this team get complacent after wins. Much less so with Gibbs, but the ghosts of Coaches past still haunt me.

Aren't they 1-2?

Yea with loses against the Colts and the Seahawks. Not exactly easy teams to beat. Our two loses have come against the Viqueens and the brokebacks. I say they have had the tougher schedule. We need to play as good on offense as we played this past Sunday and the D needs to step up or we lose this one. The Giants are playing for their season, kind like what we did last week.

We are going to have to put the Giants away and close better this weekend, because they are probably the best team in the NFL right now in the 4th quarter.

That would indicate that they are one of the worst teams in quarters 1-3. :)

but overall "good" win

See, as another poster said, I don't think the defense was that bad. Completely shutting down the running game of a team committed to the run is pretty impressive. Held the Jags to FGs after two turnovers that placed them around the Redskin 30. Good pressure on the QB, also.

Look, it's been said before and it'll be said again, the other guys get paid, too. The D gave up some crossing routes to the TEs, and the first Williams TD was kind of discouraging that 5 guys missed him. Other than that, I can't really complain. Some great throws, catches, and playcalling by the Jaguars had a big say in the points they got.

it showed a wounded dog?

that sounds negative

it showed they had talent and mark was still a good QB?

that sounds positive.

what does he mean?

A "wounded dog" is a term that some use when they are referring to a team/player that has their back up against the wall and will fight to the death. Most dogs are typically pretty nice, but wounded dogs are nasty and will scrape and claw, etc. So no, that wasn't a negative comment. And he said that Brunell is still a "great" QB (not good). So all of his comments were glowing for the Skins.

That was a great win for the offense. I don't mind because the D has been carrying us for 1 and a half years, but I want to see us put it all together. I want to see the late 80's and especially '91 skins where you score 40 plus on a team easily and you shut them out to boot. Giants have me norvous because I have seen this team get complacent after wins. Much less so with Gibbs, but the ghosts of Coaches past still haunt me.

Ghost of Marty Schottenheimer: "booooo twwoooooo-A-daaaaayyyys!"

Ghost of Old Ball Coach: "boooo, coooach emm uuuupppp"

Ghost of Norv Turner: "booooooo scripted first serieeesssss"

scarey aint it???

GC

Archived