Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does anyone else think Rocky McIntosh should play?

SkinsWizCubsDukes

Holdman has been playing solid football but I would like to see Rocky in for at least a few plays of the game. Against the Cowboys in the 4th and goal, we brought in Khary Campbell(who absolutely sucks ass on D) and he made the worst attempt at a tackle I have ever seen. He could've stopped Marion Barber for a loss but just threw his shoulder at him and Barber scored. I really would've liked to see what Rocky could've done at that time. They say he can play all 3 positions so why not.

Greg Williams just doesn't like to play rookies. Sean Taylor and Rogers didn't start their rookie seasons. Granted, they did play before week 4, but that's because they were needed. I think Rocky is going to be a beast, but Holdman has been playing well, dare I say even great?

Don't worry, soon at Fed Ex you will hear "Roc-key! Roc-key! Roc-key!"

I wanna see Rocky, he's been makin some good tackles on special teams. But i would have thought Holdman had been playin ok, so it's hard to see Williams taking him out. The other problem might be Rocky's understanding of the D, he might just not be ready yet.

ROCKY needs to be on the feild

if he knows his position

Some people get hung up on names and such. Holdman is playing very good football so why would we want a change? I am a Redskin fan first and I believe in putting a team on the field that can bring us the "W". It could be "Hollywood" Henderson playing the LB position for all I care! (for some of you young guys he was a great Dallas LB who went to prison for raping a 17 year old if my memory serves me correct)

I don't think he should start if the coaches don't think so, but we need playmakers and athleticism and meanness on defense right now, especially against the run and covering TEs, Rocky's 2 specialties. He at least needs to be rotated in a little bit, just so the defense needs to worry about his sick speed blitzing.

Who else thinks Kedric Golston will play DE and we play a lot of 3-4 sets? We did that last year a bit, and with Carter's struggles and Rocky's making a play whenever he is on the field, I bet GW is thinking about it again.

I feel like Holdman plays the run well, is a solid tackler. Hes a proven contributor in this defense, has the trust of Coach Williams, Blatche & Lindsay. He played very well the first two games. All this said, I would like to see Rocky out there. I think once we get Springs back you might see that move come about but not until then. Its too hard to throw another unknown talent out there when you are missing youre leader.

Dont forget guys like Sean Taylor, Champ Bailey, and yes LaVar Arrington didn't start every game their first year. It seems like the rookies have to pay their dues before setting foot on the field for a Gibbs coached team. This is something I respect. HAIL SKINS

I was amazed that Rocky didn't get in the game last sunday... though I guess that Cartwright fumble turned the whole thing around, otherwise he would have seen the field.

Rocky is a special teams demon - he is so huge but is always one of the first or 2nd guys flying down the field and making the tackle.

I agree....it seems to me that we keep our potential future stars out for a bit too long...IE JC - should have put him in the last 6 minutes of the Texans game...he needs the experience....what abotu Duckett....why the hell did we go out and get him?? Rocky is another.....surely we can put him in - in certain packages...he is a stud.....

I think holdman has stepped up his play big time this year. I think this will give rocky more time to learn the defense. As someone else stated I would like to see some 3-4 with rocky as the 4th backer maybe that would spice some things up. But as of now I am very happy with holdmans play this year, remember how we could have just stuck a trash can on the field at time and it would have been no different but boy has he stepped up.

I agree....it seems to me that we keep our potential future stars out for a bit too long...IE JC - should have put him in the last 6 minutes of the Texans game...he needs the experience....what abotu Duckett....why the hell did we go out and get him?? Rocky is another.....surely we can put him in - in certain packages...he is a stud.....

I heard that JC was inactive. I'm not sure it that's true, but if it is, it would explain why he saw no action in garbage time.

Archived