Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Brunell done after week 3? (Merged)

Riggins Seventy Chip

Here is the real deal, we will soon find out that Portis needs surgery or a much longer healing time and given Brunells performance and the fact that he will retire after this season I would rather bring in Campbell and develop him then sit through the pain of watching no running attack and no points on the board. I cant imagine what it will be like sitting in my seat when Jacksonville rolls into town if lineup remains the same. :gaintsuck

Honestly, all of you are calling for JC to come in and are saying you can tolerate a losing season if he is the QB. Makes no sense to me. If it is a losing season, I don't care who the hell is the QB. Yes bringing in JC would benifit in the long run, but just in case you all did not realize, we are only entering week 3....THE SEASON IS NOT OVER YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he wont play like that because they are gonna dumb the offense for now and just go back to the basics. We'll see a lot of CP, he'll wanna come back and be a hero and he'll play accordingly. Brunell will probly throw some short, hgih percentage stuff and let his catch and run guys ( santana and cooley) do the rest.

My feelings exactly...well put. :applause:

My one fear is that he will light up a sorry Houston team while still giving a sorry performance, but will do just enough to look good

I can't stand the opportunity that we're missing out on. Campbell would play well against a bad Houston team and it would build his confidence as well as give him a good win under his belt in his first start.

Brunell will probably light Houston up but proceed to stink against Jacksonville.

Why waste this valuable development time?

If he plays like he did in Dallas will Campbell start week 4?

If he does indeed play like that, I hope he is relinquished to the bench. His performances and the blind backing of him is bordering on absurd. If he plays like crap agsint the Texans and remains the starter, he will be welcomed to Fed Ex field, the boos will be very hard to ignore.

If he wins, he gets another week. Starting Jason Campbell against the Jags defense seems like cruel and unusual punishment to me.

If he plays like crap I say throw collins out there against the jaguars, if he impresses then he gets to keep the job, if not then use the bye week to let JC run w/ the first team and get ready for the Giants. I don't see the point of leaving Brunell in there if he continues to play poorly, even if we do win in spite of his horrid play.

If you think back to last season, the offesne was equally inept through the first two games of the season, at least until the last 5 minutes of the dallas game. There is still plenty of time for the offense to come together and really adapt well to the new offense. The injuries are really hurting right now though. As good as Betts and Duckett are, Portis is the focal point of the offense, and our team will only be as good as he can carry us. Gibbs also said over the weekend that he wasnt afraid to change things up, but that Brunell's job was secure. However, if the woes continue, I think there has to come a point where Gibbs gives the ball to Campbell and lets the remainder of the season be his trial by fire period to get used to being the starter. In my mind, if the team wins fewer than 4 games through the midway point of the season, its time to face the facts and make Campbell the starter.

Nah, not until we are 2-5. That's the problem here.

Those of us calling for a change now knows it is inevitable. Brunell won't get it done against the next few teams sans the Titans and the Texans. So what's so bad about puttin the kid in there now against the Texans instead of waiting until the next Cowboys game? Maybe we lose the same amount of games but by the time the Cowboys game comes around, the kid would have so many more reps then he would if the decision waits till the bye. I can't imagine you guys that think Brunell is better off don't see this. He won't last, lets get him out of there now. If Campball goes down, then he can come back. But we've got to get the kid in there now so we can hopefully salvage anything. I'm telling you, now or week 8? You decide whats best for this team.

:laugh: :laugh: Yep. Oh, so jason c., the same one who was overthrowing recievers, throwing INTs, Taking sacks like it was in style, and just making pure stupid decisions(in preseason mind you) against 2nd and 3rd string players. This is who you want to plug in their to "salvage anything". Please. Jason is a great athlete, he should be a good QB, but there is a reason he is not starting........HE COULD NOT WIN THE JOB FROM MARK. Sorry, I know thats tough for many of you to hear, but its the truth. Hell, he cant even Knock Collins aside, to take over in a game should mark go down. So he hasnt even secured a solid backup spot. What is he, like 2 1/2.

None of our QB's can get us to the Super Bowl much less win it. I would like them to put Campbell in right now and have him ready for next year...keeping Brunell in all this year is just putting our future off an extra year. If they do indeed regard Campbell as the future that is.

Dan

Rypien did it, Brunell can too.

Rypien managed to have one flash in the pan season which lead to a major contract holdout the following year, a knee injury and eventual turmoil at the QB position (which I believe is what ultimately forced Gibbs to Retire the first time)

Plus the game was a bit different back then. Let's not forget they nearly went undefeated that year if not for three-four games, well at 0-2 that isn't a likely event here.

Archived