Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Brunell done after week 3? (Merged)

Riggins Seventy Chip

The Brunell vs. Campbell debate should boil down to this question: Which QB gives us the best chance to win the superbowl?

Playing Brunell this week MAY give us the best chance to beat Houston.

Playing Brunell for the rest of the season MAY give us the best chance at the playoffs.

But, do you believe that Mark Brunell can take us to the superbowl and win it this year or in the next couple of years? If the answer is no, then we MUST play Jason Campbell now. Jason Campbell will make mistakes this year and he may lose some games for us, but we need to get him real experience if we think that he is really the future. Every team with a young QB must go through this process. Look at Jacksonville, look at the Giants. Does Brunell look like he can win a superbowl as our QB? If we're not going to win the whole thing this year, let's get this team ready for a run in 2007. The only way to do that is to put in Campbell NOW.

Here is the real deal, we will soon find out that Portis needs surgery or a much longer healing time and given Brunells performance and the fact that he will retire after this season I would rather bring in Campbell and develop him then sit through the pain of watching no running attack and no points on the board. I cant imagine what it will be like sitting in my seat when Jacksonville rolls into town if lineup remains the same. :gaintsuck

he wont play like that because they are gonna dumb the offense for now and just go back to the basics. We'll see a lot of CP, he'll wanna come back and be a hero and he'll play accordingly. Brunell will probly throw some short, hgih percentage stuff and let his catch and run guys ( santana and cooley) do the rest.

My one fear is that he will light up a sorry Houston team while still giving a sorry performance, but will do just enough to look good

That's what really scares me. I'm worried that Brunell will be just good enough to beat Houston, but not nearly what this team needs to beat quality teams.

I honestly think that neither one will help us to win the superbowl this year. Brunell looks he like just cant make his throws any more. I think that the reason you hear so many calling for Campbell is because we'd rather watch this youngerster in there taking his bumps and getting much needed game experience this year so that he'll give us a much better chance to win next year.

too high lofted to even imagine.

I'm more intersted in setting a pool:

- will MB set a regular season record for intentional OB passes this season?

- will MB set a regular season record for being flushed from the pocket this season?

- will MB set a regular season record for outside the hash marks/inside the hash marks pass attempts?

- will MB set a regular season record for pass completions to RBs?

My one fear is that he will light up a sorry Houston team while still giving a sorry performance, but will do just enough to look good

Good point, that worries me to, Brunell goes out and goes something like 16-29 for 180yds and 3tds agiant a sorry Houston defense throwing mostly dumping offs to our Rb's and Wr screens. That keeps him in Gibbs good graces for another 3 weeks.

I agree with Sarge. The worst case scenerio for me is that Brunell does just enough to keep his job against the leagues worst defense.

I think Brunell will have a good game vs the Texans and he will have to face the team that said he was washed up and it might just be the game that decides his fate for his stay in DC. He if he goes out there vs the jags and helps us win that game he will remain QB for the rest of the season. If he plays horrible. Then he is done and will be a back up for the rest of his career. I magine the pressure that will be on his shoulders In the next two weeks. It will show alot to the coaches and the fans. What will happen? He knows he's close to be replaced. I thik that if he can overcome all this pressure and win the next two games he is our guy for the rest of the season. IF not get ready for an exciting finish to a mystery season with Cambell at the helm.

Nah, not until we are 2-5. That's the problem here.

Those of us calling for a change now knows it is inevitable. Brunell won't get it done against the next few teams sans the Titans and the Texans. So what's so bad about puttin the kid in there now against the Texans instead of waiting until the next Cowboys game? Maybe we lose the same amount of games but by the time the Cowboys game comes around, the kid would have so many more reps then he would if the decision waits till the bye. I can't imagine you guys that think Brunell is better off don't see this. He won't last, lets get him out of there now. If Campball goes down, then he can come back. But we've got to get the kid in there now so we can hopefully salvage anything. I'm telling you, now or week 8? You decide whats best for this team.

Archived