Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Brunell done after week 3? (Merged)

Riggins Seventy Chip

1 Thing I can say is Jason never launced a lame duck into double coverage to gift wrap the game for Dallas. For a seasoned vet Brunell really looks like he can lead us to the Super Bowl. Ask yourself this if Brunell's gonna make those mistakes why not start a big 6'4 230 QB that has a cannon with unlimited potential?

Rypien had an arm, Brunell has a noddle

Rypien loved to throw deep, Brunell needs diapers every time a deep play is called

Rypien had perhaps one of the best OL ever protecting him, Brunell has an ok OL.

Need I say more?

You all who keep saying brunell has a noodle are so full of **** it is getting pathetic. When brunell has actually been given some time to deliver a pass, and someone actually gets open, he has delivered strikes. I have seen moss drop passes, I have seen cooley drop them and in the minnesota game, looked like he tried to knock the damn thing down. B Lloyd has been non-existant. And by the way, your assesment of the O-line being "OK" is complete BS. Dont even mention this O-line with the Hogs in the same sentance. Oh yeah, in the final drive of the dallas game, when brunell basically had his 1st time this season to throw the ball without the entire defense running him down or in his face, Those passes looked pretty damn accurate to me. they were on the money, and had plenty of zip on them. So this notion of "brunell has a noodle arm" is complete BS. He has proven he can throw a damn strike. No matter how many times you repeat a lie, it will still be a lie.

1 Thing I can say is Jason never launced a lame duck into double coverage to gift wrap the game for Dallas. For a seasoned vet Brunell really looks like he can lead us to the Super Bowl. Ask yourself this if Brunell's gonna make those mistakes why not start a big 6'4 230 QB that has a cannon with unlimited potential?

I guess it would be hard for him to make a mistake in a regular season game, given, Jason has never taken a snap in a regular season game. But I've seen him throw some stupid ones, against 2nd and 3rd stringers in pre-season.

[ Oh yeah, in the final drive of the dallas game, when brunell basically had his 1st time this season to throw the ball without the entire defense running him down or in his face, Those passes looked pretty damn accurate to me. they were on the money, and had plenty of zip on them.

you are as delirious as Gibbs is on this one. Dallas sat back in a prevent and allowed Brunell to throw the ball. They knew the game was won and called off the dogs. How can you determine what kind of player he is when the D has basically given up? He has zip on the ball because at this point in the game it doesn't matter if it gets picked. No pressure situation he performs...AWESOME

I guess it would be hard for him to make a mistake in a regular season game, given, Jason has never taken a snap in a regular season game. But I've seen him throw some stupid ones, against 2nd and 3rd stringers in pre-season.

You did not answer my question, if Brunell gonna make those mistakes why not start someone with unlimited potential. don't forget he was playing with 2nd & 3rd stringers. Put him with the #1s and I believe there will be a difference!

[ Oh yeah, in the final drive of the dallas game, when brunell basically had his 1st time this season to throw the ball without the entire defense running him down or in his face, Those passes looked pretty damn accurate to me. they were on the money, and had plenty of zip on them.

you are as delirious as Gibbs is on this one. Dallas sat back in a prevent and allowed Brunell to throw the ball. They knew the game was won and called off the dogs. How can you determine what kind of player he is when the D has basically given up? He has zip on the ball because at this point in the game it doesn't matter if it gets picked. No pressure situation he performs...AWESOME

I'm not delirious. I know dallas was in a prevent. I know they had the game won. And my point was, for the FIRST time this season, brunell actually had more than 1 second to stay in the pocket and deliver, and he did. The passes were well placed with plenty of heat on them.

I'm not delirious. I know dallas was in a prevent. I know they had the game won. And my point was, for the FIRST time this season, brunell actually had more than 1 second to stay in the pocket and deliver, and he did. The passes were well placed with plenty of heat on them.

Actually, during the Minnesota game and during the Dallas game, there were plenty of times that Brunnel had adequate time to stay in the pocket. As has been pointed out in other threads, he hasn't shown patience in the pocket and has thrown the ball out of bounds when under even the slightest pressure, rather than take a hit and throw to a receiver downfield.

Actually, during the Minnesota game and during the Dallas game, there were plenty of times that Brunnel had adequate time to stay in the pocket. As has been pointed out in other threads, he hasn't shown patience in the pocket and has thrown the ball out of bounds when under even the slightest pressure, rather than take a hit and throw to a receiver downfield.

This is the clearest and best explaination of Brunell's performance in 5 pages on this subject.

Archived