Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brunell Article from scout.com....read this before you decide.

SkinsNoles21

Picking out a couple of instances in a game like this article does is utter nonsense. The complaints I have about Brunell come from his entire body of work as a qb since he's joined the Redskins.

1. He plays poorly on the road

2. Can't use the entire field

3. Can't throw deep

4. Plays not to lose, doesn't play to win

5. Gets shook when coming from behind and begins to look at the pass rush

I was hoping for some insight from this article. Instead he just throws around HIS opinion like it is better than everybody else's opinion. Tandler, don't tell us we are wrong unless you have actual reasons to back up your opinion.

Yeah, it doesn't seem like he put much time into the analysis.

Yo u can say what you want , but Gibbs has an obvious blind love for Brunell and it's going to hurt this team more and more, some of you just refuse to believe Gibbs could actually be wrong about something, Im sure even he would admit he's made some wrong decisions before but some of you would run up to him and say, "oh no coach you were right because so and so. I love this team and coach Gibbs but he is not God, he is capable of bias, prejudice, poor decisions at times and many other flaws, he's one of the best, but some of you elevate him higher than he does himself.

The problem is the people who claim Brunell has tunnel vision have tunnel vision themselves when they look for what is wrong with this offense. It's hard not to blame the QB when all you're looking at on offensive drives is the QB. You guys honestly think that putting Campbell will instantly fix our offensive problems? You think putting a QB who hasn't started a game yet will give us a better chance to win right now then a 13 year vet?

And let's say for argument's sake he WOULD give us a better chance, you think Gibbs would sacrifice wins to not hurt Brunell's feelings? It's not even about Gibbs, you think ANY coach would sacrifice wins for that? This isn't ramen noodle soup where you just add water and voila you have food. We're trying to cook a whole thanksgiving turkey dinner here so I suggest we as fans stop looking for a quick fix.

Yo u can say what you want , but Gibbs has an obvious blind love for Brunell and it's going to hurt this team more and more, some of you just refuse to believe Gibbs could actually be wrong about something, Im sure even he would admit he's made some wrong decisions before but some of you would run up to him and say, "oh no coach you were right because so and so. I love this team and coach Gibbs but he is not God, he is capable of bias, prejudice, poor decisions at times and many other flaws, he's one of the best, but some of you elevate him higher than he does himself.

How are you so sure he's wrong yet? I thought he was wrong in 2004 with Brunell and look where Brunell took us last year.

I say keep Brunell in -- if we get to a point where the season truly looks like a wash then put in Campell.

How are you so sure he's wrong yet? I thought he was wrong in 2004 with Brunell and look where Brunell took us last year.

I say keep Brunell in -- if we get to a point where the season truly looks like a wash then put in Campell.

Im not saying he's wrong this time but what I am saying is you have to be adult enough to at least scratch your head and say hmmmmmmmmm, but some of us in here will never ever admit Gibbs has been wrong about anything ever in life and it's just not true. He kept Brunell in for 9!!! miserable weeks in 04 before he finally pulled him, that was clearly too long. I posted another thread where I state that I don't believe Brunell is our only problem so Im not one of these posters calling for Brunell's headin a basket, but I have to question if Gibbs would recognize it and act on it soon enough if the problem could be isolated to just Brunell.

You know what I'd like to hear. I'd like to hear the coaching staff tell the fans and the media what the problem is. No company line BS but the real truth. If some players are embarrassed or hurt, so be it. The play is so bad everywhere, you begin to wonder whether this is not just a player or two but a real systemic problem within the organization. I don't know but I don't think in my entire years as a Redskin fan I have ever been more disappointed in their play.

"The problem is the people who claim Brunell has tunnel vision have tunnel vision themselves when they look for what is wrong with this offense. It's hard not to blame the QB when all you're looking at on offensive drives is the QB. You guys honestly think that putting Campbell will instantly fix our offensive problems? You think putting a QB who hasn't started a game yet will give us a better chance to win right now then a 13 year vet?

And let's say for argument's sake he WOULD give us a better chance, you think Gibbs would sacrifice wins to not hurt Brunell's feelings? It's not even about Gibbs, you think ANY coach would sacrifice wins for that? This isn't ramen noodle soup where you just add water and voila you have food. We're trying to cook a whole thanksgiving turkey dinner here so I suggest we as fans stop looking for a quick fix."

what in the world are you talking about? brunell has not performed since the Gints game last season. period. end of discussion.

and yes...I do think the coaches will keep a player in based on factors other than putting the team in the best position to win. personal loyalties....team chemistry (real or imagined)......past promises....symbolism......a whole slew of things come into play....

The problem is the people who claim Brunell has tunnel vision have tunnel vision themselves when they look for what is wrong with this offense. It's hard not to blame the QB when all you're looking at on offensive drives is the QB. You guys honestly think that putting Campbell will instantly fix our offensive problems? You think putting a QB who hasn't started a game yet will give us a better chance to win right now then a 13 year vet?

I think it's more that people figure if we're going to be losing we might as well have Campell in there to at least allow him to get experience. There's nothing worse than losing with an aging vet at QB and having your first round pick QB of the future sit on the bench not gaining any game experience.

You know what I'd like to hear. I'd like to hear the coaching staff tell the fans and the media what the problem is. No company line BS but the real truth. If some players are embarrassed or hurt, so be it. The play is so bad everywhere, you begin to wonder whether this is not just a player or two but a real systemic problem within the organization. I don't know but I don't think in my entire years as a Redskin fan I have ever been more disappointed in their play.

I can - it's called the 90's and right up through Spurrier barring the one year Brad Johnson took us to the playoffs - but even then we had the Turk boys with their screw up - still wonder if they made any money off that one....

It does look bad right now - but there are fixes - I just have to question a number of very blatantly bad things - does that mean I won't be in front of the TV next Sunday? Nope - but I am sure gonna question some things

Im not saying he's wrong this time but what I am saying is you have to be adult enough to at least scratch your head and say hmmmmmmmmm, but some of us in here will never ever admit Gibbs has been wrong about anything ever in life and it's just not true. .

I see your point. I certainly was scratching my head and saying WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. when Brunell was underthrowing wide open recievers and watching Moss run down the sidelines open and not throwing him the ball!

I think it's more that people figure if we're going to be losing we might as well have Campell in there to at least allow him to get experience. There's nothing worse than losing with an aging vet at QB and having your first round pick QB of the future sit on the bench not gaining any game experience.

Can we say Gannon with the Raiders with a much nicer attitude?

I completely agree.

Sorry, I'm not buying the article. Jason Campbell can't do any worse than moonwalking Brunell.

Brunell is done. He's a great guy but i'm tired of seeing him hold this team back.

And i'm not saying it's entirely his fault.... but the performance we are getting out of Brunell we can get out of Campbell at this point. There are other factors, but you have to start somewhere to start fixing the leaks.

Guest Rafterman
After what happened in 2004, I do not trust Joe Gibbs to make the right decision in a timely manner when it comes specifically to Mark Brunell.

The article is correct, there are problems on this team and this offense that go beyond the QB. But this QB has been a problem ever since he's gotten here and handed the starting job.

This offense needs several things to happen for it to improve. Replacing the quarterback is most certainly one of them.

AMEN

Brunell should have retired when Del Rio benched him, and Gibbs should have looked at several vets.

Guest Rafterman
Well Brunell better have a good game against Houston & his old team Jacksonville. If not then we have to go with Campbell. There simply is no other option.

From what I've seen of the Jag defense, Brunell may never play again.

I don't want to see anyone hurt, but this is a young mans game. Brunell is already on borrowed time.

You just can't tell me that he can never only find receivers cooley, moss, randle el, and lloyd open between 5-8 times a game. Madden kept saying how good a job newman did covering moss, then next thing you know they show moss with 3 steps on newman screaming for the ball and after the play throwing his hands in the air and shaking his head.

I don't hate brunell nor do i want to stone him, yet. But if this guy wants to say cooley needs to find seperation, what bigger seperation can you find then the play where he had nobody within 10 yards of him and brunell skips it 5 feet in front of him?

Not everytime, but a lot of the time I think its the same with everyone else, brunell just doesnt have it anymore.

I'm willing to take the risk of Campbell making a pick or two a game because he also had the ability to throw the ball deep. With the speed and deep ball ability our receiving corps has, campbell could hit them with bombs all day long and he's shown he has the ability to fire the ball across the middle and on short routes when needed. I'm not pissed that he's not starting yet, but I would be a lot more happy and even COMFORTABLE with him starting right now.

I dont care what a reporter has to say. I watched the game with my own 2 eyes. Brunell is the culprit ... Brunell is the culprit ... Brunell is the culprit ...Brunell needs to be given his check and first class ticket back to wherever. Thanks for the memories.

Archived