Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS Sportsline: "Star-struck Snyder can't win Super Bowls, so he collects trophies"

hokie4redskins

Snyder with his bloated, overrated team. It's a match made in megalomaniac, Napoleonic-complex heaven.

He is actually right with this. We have to prove him wrong by winning.

Then Snyder's team did what it has mostly done since Snyder purchased it and jammed it predominantly with bad free-agent signings and big-name has-beens: it lost.

And this too.

TomKat's appearance at the Minnesota-Washington game exemplifies why Snyder will never win a championship. Never, ever, never. That is the most stone cold lock of a football guarantee ever made.

This is illogical.

Snyder has celebrity deficit disorder. He cares more about the hype and the stars than he does taking the time to patiently grow a successful football franchise. While Hall of Famers like the Rooney family, the late Wellington Mara or future Hall of Famer Robert Kraft focused on building teams the proper way, Snyder has always cared more about which A-lister is sitting where in his box. The welfare of the league, small markets, salary cap manifestations. Forget it. He's not interested.

This is crap. What other "Stars" have been to D.C. This isn't Staples Center

A lot of us old fogeys wish we had made as much money as he has at that age. But I wonder if he is the type of person who will only look out for himself, instead of the well-being of the entire league."

What about the current labor deal that propped up Buffalo and Cincinnati. Him and Jerruh Jones and Kraft had to make a lot of concessions.

If you grow up in D.C., you cherish this team. You dress up in their garb and live and die with them. I still have all of my Washington gear: the gloves, the jacket, the wool hat. It's now somewhere in a box and will emerge again only once Snyder sells the team. Or Cruise wins an Academy Award.

Don't hold your breath for either one to happen

The biggest problem is Washington has not been productive despite all of the money Snyder has sunk into big name player acquisitions. During his tenure as owner Snyder is 54-59 with two playoff appearances. No NFL owner in history has ever sunk as much signing bonus money into a franchise and gotten so little from those investments as Snyder. So Snyder might actually be making suckiness history.

This I agree with

Never thought I would say this, but the Cincinnati Bengals are a better franchise right now than Washington.

On what basis? Did he forget 1988 through 2004? Bengals were the Clippers of the NFL.

He will notice how the New England Patriots built a dynasty utilizing smart drafting, treating the salary cap with respect and making wise free agent selections based on real needs, not Q-rating. You don't sign Elvis. You sign Elvis Grbac.

Apparently he has never seen Elvis Grbac play

We've seen this before. It's the movie Titanic. We know what happens. Cue the iceberg. Cue 9-7, at best, again. And again. And again. High expectations followed by raging mediocrity.

This has been true up until last year

So, we actually need to win something for them to stop writing things like this. I've said this in about 4 threads already.

2. I have no prblem with spending on the franchise, my problem is with how we spend. Why commit $30 million to AA when we could have had Ryan Clark for $5 million? We could have used those funds to build line depth or bring in a quality kicker!

That is a greeeeat point. :applause:

I'm as big of a fan as anyone on here... but these daily articles are an embarrassment to me as a fan, especially the two today.

I mean, do you see national articles like this on Cleveland or Buffalo or SF? Nope. I'm not saying all of the articles and commentaries are justified, but reading about Tom Cruise or an amusement park or our ridiculous signings of average players like AA or throwing away our draft picks... after already feeling down about a loss like Monday... is like pouring a huge salt shaker into an already burning wound....

I'm as big of a fan as anyone on here... but these daily articles are an embarrassment to me as a fan, especially the two today.

Then don't be a fan anymore! Don't be such a PUSS.

This is one guy's opportunity to generate a lot of buzz for himself by striking when the iron is hot. He is only trying to mix the pot for a little publicity.

I think every Redskins fan should be proud of the fact that the Skins are the number one revenue generating team in the NFL. That credit goes to Snyder and the rest of the Redskin owners.

Hey look at it this way...the Redskins are helping to carry the rest of the league!

I mean, do you see national articles like this on Cleveland or Buffalo or SF?

Of course you don't. They are not the number one revenue generating team in the NFL. The SKINS ARE!!!! When your at the top everyone is gunning for you. The thing is, other owners, fans, etc. should be thankful for what Snyder has done, bringing more revenue to the league. Its all shared anyway! That means more for them. But no their too stupid to not realize this is not MLB and Snyder cannot be compared to to Stienbrenner because we have a salary cap!!! The Redskins play by the same rules as every one else does. Its just that the Redskins owner is not the kind of person that is going to sit back and watch Free Agents get picked up by other teams. When is the last time you saw the Browns make a splash in FA??? San Fran? Buffalo? Yeah right, these owners want to sit back and complain about how much a player is getting paid, because they are too cheap to shell out the cash.

Its jealousy don't you see it?

Why do you think all the players in the NFL want to play for the Redskins?

I think the players deserve every penny of what they get. Their careers or life could be ended at any second of any game. I don't go to the games to watch the football, or the jerseys, or the pads, or even the other fans. I go to watch the players. That is what makes a team interesting - its players.

The players view Dan Snyder as a good person to work for. Appreciative. How about the stories about him lending out Redskins 1 to the players whose familys were affected by Hurricaine Katrina. Why was this not mentioned in Mike Freemans article.

Miker Freeman and Pete Prisco are WELL known Skins' haters. They host a sports radio talk show together here in J'ville, yes I know it's brutal, and they constantly bash the Skins EVERY chance they get. Mike is usually fairly level headed but when it comes to the Skins he's a MORON. We all know what a twerp Prisco is. Writing in and for a small market team fit right in with Prisco's personality and IMO explains his perspective on things when it comes to the NFL. Prisco got MF the gig at CBS. It's all about clicks and nothing more. Take it for what's it worth. Absolutelt nothing.

Isn't this site owned by the Redskins, so wouldn't the mods be employees of Snyder?
Many times on sites like this mods arn't paid at all. It's just fans doing their job for a site they love. As for this site, I don't know the status.

I wonder if the ES mods can step up to the plate and clear up the mods' status.

Does Dan Snyder pay the ES mods? Yes? or No?

We all will know the real answer if we do not get the complete answers. :silly:

Snyder employees, I believe, pose as fans and blast media members on various message boards.

is this guy serious?? I mean, come on! this hack has sunk so low that he is just making stuff up -- with no basis for fact WHATSOEVER, to dig at Snyder.. Granted, snyder is an unlikeable guy, but stuff like this is so outlandish... its so frustrating to read such negative stuff all the time

but, really, having tom cruise jaime "chris rock" foxx and katie holmes at the opener is extremely embarassing :(

I think Snyder gets a bum rap but I do have some concerns about how this team is run:

1. We have not built depth across the lines in the draft due to our lack of draft picks.

2. I have no prblem with spending on the franchise, my problem is with how we spend. Why commit $30 million to AA when we could have had Ryan Clark for $5 million? We could have used those funds to build line depth or bring in a quality kicker!

3. We will have holes to fill at corner and line next offseason but we'll have only 1 pick on the first day of the draft to address these shortcomings.

AMEN!

I think giving away those draft picks are starting to catch up to us.Ryan Clacrk is a better cover man than AA and thats what we need next week.

Miker Freeman and Pete Prisco are WELL known Skins' haters. They host a sports radio talk show together here in J'ville, yes I know it's brutal, and they constantly bash the Skins EVERY chance they get. Mike is usually fairly level headed but when it comes to the Skins he's a MORON. We all know what a twerp Prisco is. Writing in and for a small market team fit right in with Prisco's personality and IMO explains his perspective on things when it comes to the NFL. Prisco got MF the gig at CBS. It's all about clicks and nothing more. Take it for what's it worth. Absolutelt nothing.

Yup. And try this. Do an internet search on "Mike Freeman Indianapolis Star resume fired."

If you grow up in D.C., you cherish this team. You dress up in their garb and live and die with them. I still have all of my Washington gear: the gloves, the jacket, the wool hat.

TomKat's appearance at the Minnesota-Washington game exemplifies why Snyder will never win a championship. Never, ever, never. That is the most stone cold lock of a football guarantee ever made.

:rotflmao:

WWWW-H-A-T????????????????

Here's the article in full:

boards.

It's now somewhere in a box and will emerge again only once Snyder sells the team. Or Cruise wins an Academy Award.

. Not even Joe Gibbs, football royalty, will be able to rescue my once favorite team, my hometown team, from the fumbling clutches of the man Profootballtalk.com aptly nicknamed SnyderBrenner (a combo of Snyder and Yankees owner George Steinbrenner).

When Snyder signs a Pro Bowler, he becomes a Pro Bowler no more.

If Snyder were immortal -- and please don't give him any ideas -- it would still take him longer than that to win a Super Bowl.

Never, ever, ever? Pro bowler, no more? What about Marcus Washington, Griffin, Portis, Moss. Is he saying those guys aren't worthy of any more Pro Bowls? I could care less about PB appearances, but this guy needs to find a new team if he's that bitter.

I think Snyder gets a bum rap but I do have some concerns about how this team is run:

1. We have not built depth across the lines in the draft due to our lack of draft picks.

3. We will have holes to fill at corner and line next offseason but we'll have only 1 pick on the first day of the draft to address these shortcomings.

I have those same exact concerns. Agree 100%. Especially 2 & 3.

This jackoff was never a fan of the Redskins. He just said that to try and add some validity to his biased and ignorant rant.

Snyder has nothing to do with the how the Redskins are run now and he hasn't been ever since Joe Gibbs got here. Why doesn't this dildo say anything about Joe Gibbs? He can't because he will look like a bigger ******* then he already is. Snyder is just an easier target for the mediots.

The douchebags in the media think the Skins are going to tank this year because of one loss and that is why you are seeing these types of articles already. They were WRONG last year and they will be WRONG again this year. Just make sure to save this article and blast this jerkoff at the end of the year.

Archived