Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For the Roanoke Valley ES members

TK

I'm working with a Tech student leadership group to help a local developer in Roanoke who wants to build a club or restaurant in Roanoke that will attract college students, and when we left I noticed that building.

I think it was still under construction...or maybe it was just because it was a really different looking building but I liked it too.

Probably not a great choice for a southern city like Roanoke, I bet it doesn't sit well with some of the good ol' boys but I think its cool.

Bring it to Danville,the chicks look better :laugh:

:laugh:

I can't eat seafood so my review of AA's is that they have good chicken and the beer is cheap (especially when you know the waitress, and she doesn't check ID).

He owns what used to be an old pawn shop and a store behind it that has an upstairs, and there's some famous (by Roanoke standards) place downtown that is a pretty big restaurant/bar that has a dance floor and can be rented out for parties, I'm blanking on the name but I think he's going to sort of model it after that...but target it towards college-age patrons etc.

Sounds like Billy's Ritz downtown, but I'm also thinking about another place that had a freight elevator to go up & the bar & everything was on the 2nd or 3rd floor.

Sounds like Billy's Ritz downtown, but I'm also thinking about another place that had a freight elevator to go up & the bar & everything was on the 2nd or 3rd floor.

I don't recognize that name, it was all dark wood inside and it was pretty big, its supposed to be one of the more popular restaurants in Roanoke.

:laugh: That's more in WV,Doesn't H_H live there? :silly:

Would you be referring to the Corinthian Ballroom? I went to a wedding there once. Very nice.

That was going to be my guess. I love that place... specifically because it's not all college students.

Is it good?

We were there in the middle of the day so it was just a few people drowning their sorrows at the bar, but its a pretty huge place and it seemed like it would be a good place for alot of things ranging from a club-style party to a quiet dinner etc.

The rooftop is cool during the day, but at night, you can barely move inside there.

I wasn't sure if I should believe the owner, he was going on and on about how popular it was...

I might have to check it out some time, not too bad of a drive and I know some people I can crash with in Roanoke.

The rooftop is cool during the day, but at night, you can barely move inside there.

It does get crowded at night. But with great sandwiches and Magic Hat No. 9 on tap, how much can you really complain? :D

I usually just go for dinner and leave before it gets too packed. If I'm going somewhere just to hit the bar, it's a little pricey, and a little far from Salem. Besides, if I'm going to get sloppy drunk and walk home from a bar, it's easier to keep it local.

A 2005 graduate of Radford University here (now back home in Maryland) and there is a large contingent of Skins fans in that area. As far as gear goes, I always went online or get lucky by finding a jersey/hat @ Christiansburg mall.

And I would probably try and break that star on Mill Mountain if I saw that everyday.

Nothing a little C4 can't handle.

Got a bunch set with wireless timers on the foundation pillars of the new pukes stadium (The GC PM is a Redskins fan) Thought we could take a bunch of em out in one fell swoop.

Sorry - bad joke - I really hate Dallas...

The new Mayor, which was the old Mayor of Roanoke ,Dave Bowers is a Skins Fan. I use to go on a Charter trip to RFK with him. Maybe we should have him tear it down, and replace it with:logo: . That star is just a eye sore that is about as useful as the old Shooting Star at Lakeside amusement park.

And how long did it take them to tear down Lakeside? :laugh:

I heard about that.

I've seriously been contemplating running for Mayor one day.

That's not a joke. I could do better than these axe wounds while blindfolded.

And if I ever hear the name Wishneff again, I'll kill.

You put it in NOVA or Hampton Roads & it'd work better. Downtown Roanoke by the City Market just isn't the place for it. It just sticks out like a sore thumb. Hell, it'd work in better across town around 419.

I was down there for the 4th, saw that thing and just kind of stared going "WTF is that?!"

SOOOOOOOOO Out of Place

The new Mayor, which was the old Mayor of Roanoke ,Dave Bowers is a Skins Fan. I use to go on a Charter trip to RFK with him. Maybe we should have him tear it down, and replace it with:logo: . That star is just a eye sore that is about as useful as the old Shooting Star at Lakeside amusement park.

That's the problem with Roanoke.

The new mayor isn't new. He had his shot and it didn't work out. Now, we have him again. Nothing personal against him, but geeze, this city can be wack sometimes.

Archived