Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For the Roanoke Valley ES members

TK

this is an off the subject question...

do any of the roanokers know if Valley View will get the "Redskins Store" back?

i was talking to the Help Desk this past spring and they said the "Redskins Store" will be opening and that it closed because it was off season...

also, any of you guys own the sports store in Valley View?

Hadn't heard a word on the Skins store.

Do you mean that sports store across from Spencer's?

Hadn't heard a word on the Skins store.

Do you mean that sports store across from Spencer's?

maybe it's not opening back up...

yeah, i was hoping to grab a skins window decal from there but i guess it was sold out...

do you know where there's a good place to get some skins stuff (CMT use to be my place but they went out of business) in roanoke/salem?

Face it guys you live in the "Star City". You are one with the"Star"

Does it blink and send secret messages to closet cowpuke fans in the Roanoke valley?

nah, the majority of the time the star is off...kind of like the pukes offense & defense... :D

:dallasuck

maybe it's not opening back up...

yeah, i was hoping to grab a skins window decal from there but i guess it was sold out...

do you know where there's a good place to get some skins stuff (CMT use to be my place but they went out of business) in roanoke/salem?

That other place you mentioned......stay out of there. Last summer I started to buy ajersey from him & noticed a big green splotch on the sleeve. He said he'd take ten bucks off of it if I bought it. I passed. A week later he had marked it back up.

Go to Happy's. There's a old guy with a sports shop there on the right hand side. He carries the window clings. At one time he even had a helmet lamp. He has a HUGE inventory of die cast stuff as well.

As much stuff that I bought from that RS store in Valleyview, I couldnt believe they closed it down.

Live near the airport so dont see the star directly, but never associated it with the Cowpiles. I guess those in SE & SW really see the red, white and blue. (Thanks a lot TK, Im getting sick thinking about it...)

As much stuff that I bought from that RS store in Valleyview, I couldnt believe they closed it down.

Live near the airport so dont see the star directly, but never associated it with the Cowpiles. I guess those in SE & SW really see the red, white and blue. (Thanks a lot TK, Im getting sick thinking about it...)

I'm off of Williamson, so I can see the damn thing outta my bedroom window.

Is it just me, or does driving across 581 & seeing this perched up on Mill Mountain make you hate the damn Cowboys even more? :laugh:

800px-Roanoke_star.jpg

Hello nice to see some local stuff on the scene for me.The Roanoke star is a local icon around here.I'm gald they went with the red ,white,and blue colors a few years back.I have to say I don't see anything to do with the cowboys and the Roanoke star.I can say that there are more Skins fans and Hokie fans around than cowgirl fans!!!

Im off Peterscreek so for me to see the star I have to really work hard to see it from my yard. Now that the association has been made, no thanks. I feel sorry for those poor souls in SW.

I wonder what Darlene and her henchmen would say if all of a sudden the Star mysteriously disappeared?

That other place you mentioned......stay out of there. Last summer I started to buy ajersey from him & noticed a big green splotch on the sleeve. He said he'd take ten bucks off of it if I bought it. I passed. A week later he had marked it back up.

Go to Happy's. There's a old guy with a sports shop there on the right hand side. He carries the window clings. At one time he even had a helmet lamp. He has a HUGE inventory of die cast stuff as well.

I'll check it out next time i'm through there...is there anything at Tanglewood?

For what its worth Rke Valley ES members, I had a meeting in Richmond Friday and stopped in the RS store at chesterfield town center on the way back. Bought a few items and was told that "they" were looking for a permanent location for a Redskins store in Roanoke.

The clerk said the store in Roanoke was larger than their normal stores and they were looking for something of similar size.

Funny that you should point that out! I attend VA tech and my neighbor lives in Roanoke, and I accompanied him there yesterday for the first time. The star was the FIRST thing I noticed. He kept trying to explain to me how it was known as the "Star City" or something, but it is still disturbing to look at. You can see it from ANYWHERE in Roanoke.

Guest oneluv4u
Is it just me, or does driving across 581 & seeing this perched up on Mill Mountain make you hate the damn Cowboys even more? :laugh:

800px-Roanoke_star.jpg

I've been in Roanoke for the last 10 years and not once when I looked at the star did I think about the cowboys. Thanks a lot now I will see that whenever I pass by it. It's bad enough that my neighbor across the street is a cowboy and when it is football season that is all I see. But I represent because I have my stuff as well.

I called Valley View and they told me the store was not coming back. I got a lot of my stuff when I was in Fredericksburg a couple of months ago or when I go to Richmond.

I will have to buy some items when I go the game on Monday night. After 10 years of being on the list they finally called me and offered me seats. So I got two and this is my second year.

• 1 year later...

Archived