Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cooley interview

Langford78

He's going to be on every week to recap each game. He basically said what a lot of people here know already...the preseason means nothing, it was aggravating playing such a vanilla offense (but he understood why we did), and we're going to open a major can of whup*** on the Vikings.

He also said how great Saunders is. Chris said Al is a really positive coach who really is as good as everyone says he is.

Cooley also said if he had to put money on it, he didn't think Portis would play Monday, but it's still early and it's not written in stone yet. He said Betts is preparing well to start though.

I expect Cooley to have a big year. His seems to have the right attitude for the game which is to have fun but also knows when its time to take care of business.

i worry about him sometimes though. he drops a few too many very catchable passes IMO. other than that, i still think he's a good player.

I Met Cooley At The Beach Blitz Chillin On The Beach With His Hot Girlfrnd Are Probably Wife She Saw Me Creepin Up Looking For Him And Just Was Smiling At Me As I Got Closer I Told Him I Didn't Mean To Disturb But Could You Please Sign My Hat And He Did With No Problem He Still Seems Shock With All The Fame He Is Getting

I Met Cooley At The Beach Blitz Chillin On The Beach With His Hot Girlfrnd Are Probably Wife She Saw Me Creepin Up Looking For Him And Just Was Smiling At Me As I Got Closer I Told Him I Didn't Mean To Disturb But Could You Please Sign My Hat And He Did With No Problem He Still Seems Shock With All The Fame He Is Getting

Very well said. I continue to be amazed by the passion, desire, loyalty and intelligence displayed here. Especially the intelligence. Keep up the good work everyone!

:notworthy Gibbs

Most of the guys love signing stuf for the fans.... just remember not to bug them while they are at dinner or hangin in a club.

PS - You love capitalizing every word don't you? :laugh:

i worry about him sometimes though. he drops a few too many very catchable passes IMO. other than that, i still think he's a good player.

The only thing that worries me about Cooley is his fumbling every now and thing. He had one span last year when he couldn't keep the ball off of the turf. Other than that I believe that he'll have a decent year. The thing that'll keep him from having a monster year is that teams are going to be looking for hima lot more. We have more weapons at WR now so that should open things up for him a bit.

Well, that is true, but no more than other receivers in the league. I like Cooley alot and believe he will continue to improve and become a great player. My only concern is he needs to hold onto the ball a little better.

:helmet: :logo: :point2sky

My daughter and I had the wonderful opportunity of meeting Cooley during the Beach Blitz this summer. She really wanted to meet him, but we weren't able to go to the autograph session on Sunday. We did however get to the beach that day, and low and behold who do we see just 10 feet from us....Chris Cooley, his mom, younger brother, and girlfirend (I think). He didn't mind being bothered and was nice enough to sign autographs and even had a couple of pictures taken with my daughter. He is very genuine and down-to-earth. You can really tell how proud his family is of him, they were taking pictures of him signing autographs and having his picture taken by others. Seeing him on the beach and swimming in the ocean was awesome and he is very nicely built. Now if we can just get him to improve his hands so he can make some of those "easy" catches, he would be perfect. :2cents:

Punctuation is your friend. :D

Cooley wears really cool hot pants. Sometimes I can't stop thinking about them.

You mean like this?

He may drop a few balls, but look at what he catches! He was unbelievable last year (regular season): 71 receptions for 774 yards & 7 touchdowns, averaging nearly 11 yards a catch. Fumbled 3 times, and lost one of those. Compare that to the league average for TE's of 20 catches/200 yards. I don't think he'll have quite the same numbers this year, what with our WR, but yeah, with them covered, he could have a chance for some huge plays. I see fewer, but bigger plays happening for him.

I agree, he seems like such a good guy. I went to Redskins Park after the Tampa Game last year (maybe 1 am) and he was just mobbed with fans. He just kept shaking his head and saying, "Oh my God!" over and over. He was cracking up. Some guy yelled, "hey, this isn't Logan, Utah anymore!" and every body cracked up. You could tell he wasn't used to the celebrity. Saw him again a couple of times at TC, and he was a little more "cooler" (as in not overwhelmed) but still funny and nice. He was joking about his standings in Fantasy League, and talking about the difference in being ranked as a tight end vs half-back.

Oh, and I got him to sign an 8 x 10 of the "shorts" photo, and he looked at it and said, "Oh great! Now THAT's a good picture!" and really laughed. I thanked him for being a good sport.

Wish I coulda gone to the Beach Blitz this summer! Sounds like fun!

Most of the guys love signing stuf for the fans.... just remember not to bug them while they are at dinner or hangin in a club.

PS - You love capitalizing every word don't you? :laugh:

From atheletes to musicians, this is definitely true.

It is just a matter of respecting their personal space.

Yes..I totally agree with Pez. Dont bother them when they are on their time to relax. And plus..if you are cool enough, and laid back enough, they will actually approach you. Then again, it helps when you are wearing a cooley jersey and look as good as I do :) Cooley really is DA BOMB.....

STFU... :laugh: You see the guy drop one pass on television in the preseason and you worry about him? Trust me woman, I like many on this site, witnessed his brilliance first hand last year. Dude completely ripped defenses apart. Get the F out a here with that nonsense. A "good" player, she says :doh: Put your panties back on and pick up your bra on the way out...don't forget to shut the front door. I'll call you tomorrow :slap: I hate it when my girlfriend posts stuff like this all because Cooley won't date her. You're a cheerleader Sally! Cooley doesn't date cheerleaders...women? :whoknows:

HTTR!

Archived