Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

God bless Tony Kornheiser...

Dirk Diggler

What article did I quote? None. Who wrote the article that you said was not written by Diggler? The only name I see associated with that last sentence from the supposed article is Diggler. Give me the name of the author who wrote that article if you know who it is, because I'm curious to know.

Check the link in the original post. Actually, I'll make it easy on you:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Just scroll down a bit and you'll see it's from that site.

Like somebody else said, Joe likes to hear himself talk, but he knows the game and does a good job as an analyst.

Diggler, the last sentence in your little rant about Theisman was really pitiful. Feeling good about somebody getting their leg snapped in half is about as low as a person can get. A real man would not stoop so low. I hope this made you feel better about yourself.............:doh:

As mentioned, that was not my line. I happen to agree with you that it was in really poor taste but that's PFT. Still, the premis holds true that Theismann is a joke.

I'd say Theismann is basically right. How many other Matt Jones' QB to WR conversions have there been? None? Besides, Jones hasn't exactly lit up the league yet. Most of the guys that come up and convert from QB to WR are smaller QBs that ran a lot in college.

As mentioned, you have Matt Jones, Hines Ward, and Drew Bennett. That's just as many "big guys" as quick 5'9" ex-QBs who I can think of at the moment.

Theismann just blurt things out without any thought whatsoever. He says things to appear intelligent and crosses his fingers that it will go unchecked. Those who don't know any better (such as those in this thread) assume it's good solid analysis. With JT it rarely, if ever, is that.

The fact that he is a former Redskin should not impact anyone's critique of what kind of commentator he is. There's simply no defense for how incompetent he is. But this is ESPN and they prefer bickering and noise to solid analysis anyway so he'll probably get a raise at the end of the season.

I thought Tony was a terrible choice, but if he can stay on Joe T., I'm sure the country would be happy! Everyone who is not a Redksin fan (we really don't care about them) can't stand him. :logo:

I'm a Redskin fan and I can't stand Joe. I'm not sure if I like TK in the booth or not, but I like that he'll challenge Joe when he makes those fluff comments that make you say WTF?

I guess when the 2-8 Saints were at the Jets last year and he said that Jim Haslett should be coach of the year, it kind of took the cake. But if you enjoy that kind of non-sensicle fluff on the boobtube...

It doesn't have anything to do with "nonsensicle stuff," Dirk. Every commentator in the business says things sometimes on the air that don't jibe. It's part of being a broadcaster and having to keep talking to fill dead air. They have to do a LOT of improvising so each one is going to blurt things out while trying to keep the chat going. It's what their producers task them with. I could go through your every post and find some silly things. Do you want to stand pat on everything you ever posted here? I'm sure Joe would take back a lot of "analysis" from past broadcasts. I say we should lighten up on our first ever Super Bowl QB and show some sack for our alumni. Nobody's perfect and one comment shouldn't condemn a man to idiocy (except maybe Mel Gibson.)

:)

PS- Not to mention that Joe was probably propping Haslett because of Katrina.

No apology needed, though I do appreciate your ability to do so. I'm just glad it was resolved rather than escalating.

Being blind in my right eye, I tend to not see or unintentionally over look things at times. The last thing I want to do is argue with a fellow Redskin fan. I like to save all that energy for the philthy, G-string and dallASS fans. lol...:laugh:

Joe T is probably one of the most incompetent "broadcasters" - and I use that term loosely, I have ever heard.

Joe has absolutley no crediblity as a broadcaster, all those times he has said some pretty mean things about Ricky Williams, Joe has apoligized to Ricky after ever time. He says outrageuos things becasue he thinks it will get people to watch him, but cant stand behind what he says.

:point2sky

I think Joe has nothing BUT credibility:

Great college player, just missed out on the Heismann...

Drafted by Don Shula, but playted in Canada...

Traded to Redskins where he returned kicks just to get into game...

Sat bench behind Sonny and Billy...

Fibnally got starting position...

Led team to 2 straight Super Bowls...

NFL MVP in 1983...

Laid it on the line for team and got his leg broke...

Fought like hell to make a comeback but was too old to heal properly...

Been doing ESPN games since is started in 1987...

Gives precise X's and O's assessmant during broadcast...

Doesn't ***** foot with his opinions on players like T.O...

What more do you want in a broadcaster???? Theisman, Aikman and Michales are the best 3 in the business! Bar none!

I agree, and Tony Kornheiser is terrible

I think you are way off base...

I personally like JOey T's assessment of the game. I'm not looking for cute fancy eneqdotes during games...I want X's and O's from someone credible.

JOe Theismann Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never had a problem with JT and I like Kornheiser in th booth so far as well.

In this particular case, I suspect Joe meant that a TALL quick college QB could most likely play QB in the NFL. Short college QBs generally can't play QB, so they do something else. I think it's just in Tony's nature to give people the business. :)

Archived