Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I think I found a way for geochallenged to watch football games

soljaofjesus

So does this application really work or what?

yes

What is the password it is asking for upon install?

Mine was "tvpc2006" it's in your instal folder under readme

awaiting reviews from those who've tried this program...

just got this....verdict still out. but it does work.

Its working like a radio for me, no visual.

click on the menu that says tv stations......wait for the buffer....you need the latest version of wmp at least 10....

For all the complaints about Sportsbars, I am damn glad to be living where I do.......The sportsbars here freakin' rock. Sure, watching the game at home on the couch has the convenience factor, and it would save me some cash, however to me, there is nothing like being in the sportsbar enviornment with 10 or more other Skins fans, beer flowing, trash talk being traded, and the roar of the groups of fans when something big happens in their respective game. To me, that beats sitting at home on a Sunday morning.

The problem is that I never saw any consistent Redskins fans in the Long Island bars that I went to for all of those years, and the Season Ticket for $200 a season is way less than five or six beers and a burger for 16 weeks.

Yes I guess it isn't as fun if you are alone....out here we are usually splitting the cost of beer 3 or 4 ways, so it really cuts down on the price.....

Yes I guess it isn't as fun if you are alone....out here we are usually splitting the cost of beer 3 or 4 ways, so it really cuts down on the price.....

Oh, I definitely agree. Even if my friends weren't Skins fans, I'd go with them, but on Sundays, a lot of them have spread out or are busy with family things. Plus, it would have made it A LOT better to be with your own fanbase. Now with my team in my house, I was just saying the high def/big screen is priceless.

Funny. ;)

But seriously though, many of us don't live in houses where we can set up a dish where we want and don't face S/SE. Others simply prefer the overall product.

The NFL continues to make a serious mistake in only offering that service on satellite.

ALL other major sports have packages available on cable. ALL of them. Except NFL.

Yeah. What the hell was the NFL thinking when they made the mistake of accepting $3.5 billion from DirecTV for exclusive broadcast rights?!

IDIOTS!

For those of you who live in homes, without obstruction or weather issues and who mistakenly believe satellite is superior to digital cable and On Demand capability--that might be the best option.

...or for those of you who have the three brain cells required to understand that you can actually turn the freaking dish in any direction needed and that satellite is a line of sight technology that nonetheless only goes out for short periods (i.e. 3-5 minutes tops) two or three times a year-even in the heavy thunderstorms we have down south and who are dissatisfied with the DMV-like customer service of the cable companies.

Seriously, when I had cable it was out of service two or three times every 1-2 months...sometimes for minutes, occasionally for several hours. Last time I checked cable doesn't have the problem of being a line of sight technology so what's their excuse??? On top of that their so-called customer service sucked. DirecTV is all I'll ever own...unless the ticket migrates somewhere else that is.

DirecTV blows....

I wish cable had the NFL package because the customer service with the satellite sucks and when it gets a little cloudy, my signal is shot.

Does NOT blow!

Who needs customer service when they offer the clearest picture of all competing services, including cable TV?

I've been a DirecTV subscriber since 1995, when the idiot cable company Time-Warner told me that the snowy picture was the fault of my big screen TV. This was after 18 months of these idiots coming to my house, including several times about 5 guys who had NO clue what they were talking about! That was when I switched, gained NFL-Sunday Ticket in the process, and that same TV looks great with the DirecTV signal today (although I just bought a new DLP to replace it).

I've NEVER had a problem with my DirecTV service, and thus needed "customer service" in 11 years. I can't say that about cable!

As to "when it gets a little cloudy, my signal is shot": it takes a LOT of clouds, i.e. major anvil clouds and a LOT of rain to cut the signal out. Heck, I live in Florida and have watched PPV movies almost completely uninterrupted during a couple of Hurricanes!

Good points. We had basic cable a few years ago before we could get locals on DTV and the cable channels' picture was horrible. Some channels clear. Others with alot of snow and yes when a bad storm rolled through the area the cable would be out of service for several hours at a time. The whole theory that a small cloud knocks out DTV is a myth created by the cable companies or by people who never tried hard enough to pull in a good signal on the signal meter. We just got a 20 minute drenching about an hour ago and lost the signal for 2 minutes.

agree that DirecTV customer service sucks. We were kind of lucky I guess. Pinpointing the signal is almost a science. Luckily a friend of mine pulls in the signal as one of his many odd jobs and he pulled me in a 97-98 :)

I must be a frickin genius then, and I didn't even know it!

I've installed three different dishes at my house and eight receivers (three no longer in use) and I think it couldn't have been easier! I didn't use a signal strength meter either (except the one on the receiver) .. those are for cheaters. A compass is all you need. The receiver gives you the heading once you punch in your zip code. My signal strength is usually about 96 except after I bump into the dish with my lawnmower. I just nudge it back.

...or for those of you who have the three brain cells required to understand that you can actually turn the freaking dish in any direction needed and that satellite is a line of sight technology that nonetheless only goes out for short periods (i.e. 3-5 minutes tops)

How can you just turn a dish in any direction when you live in an apartment building that doesn't have a deck that faces in any direction that way and when you're satisfied with cable and don't want to pay the EXTRA money on top of the money you spend on cable.

Thanks for the kind words, though. :laugh: :cool:

:violin: Dude, get with the program and buy a house or condo. That way you can do what you need to get the best picture and service. But hey, :whoknows: whatever turns your crank. And FWIW it was you who for all intents and purposes called us dish users stupid.

For those of you that asked the question about finding the stations when the games are on.... webskins.org has the TV distribution maps for the television coverage and what regions will see what games.... example; when the Redskins played the Chiefs last year, D.C. region and K.C. got to see the game, but the Redskins Giants game at FEDEX was covered nationally... Last years maps explain it better...

:violin: Dude, get with the program and buy a house or condo. That way you can do what you need to get the best picture and service. But hey, :whoknows: whatever turns your crank. And FWIW it was you who for all intents and purposes called us dish users stupid.

:laugh: Yes, I'll just go buy a house or condo in one of the most overvalued markets in the country by myself! I'll get right on that (and no, I don't want an hour long commute each way so I can afford one.)

I didn't call dish users stupid. If Dish is how you want to go that's fine I was reacting to the comment by the other cat basically stating that it's much easier to just get DirecTV and I responded with some of the obstacles. Yeah, I said digital cable was better but that's not calling anyone stupid.

Man, being a little oversensitive, Yusuf? :cheers:

I had Sunday ticket for 2 years, and I've dumped it and gone with Comcast Digital cable. Several reasons caused me to change: a primary one being that Directv wanted to charge me something like $700 a few years ago to have HD programming while Comcast would give me $400 to 'ditch the dish'.

My primary frustration with Sunday ticket the last season I had it was 7 or 8 Redskins games were broadcast locally. Why should I pay some bucks only to have the games I want to watch available locally? Another thing I do not like about the current setup is you have to have the Superfan package to get HD games. Again, Directv tacking on additional $$ for something that should be free. I reassesed Comcast vs. Directv recently because I moved and in my opinion Comcast still comes out on top.

How can you just turn a dish in any direction when you live in an apartment building that doesn't have a deck that faces in any direction that way and when you're satisfied with cable and don't want to pay the EXTRA money on top of the money you spend on cable.

Thanks for the kind words, though. :laugh: :cool:

At my complex, the Directv dishes are on the roof, not on the decks...so they can be pointed whichever way is needed.

At my complex, the Directv dishes are on the roof, not on the decks...so they can be pointed whichever way is needed.

That's the thing, not all communities allow that. Definitely a no go where I live.

Oh well. Maybe this little dodad will help. That or the sports bars again.

That's the thing, not all communities allow that. Definitely a no go where I live.

Oh well. Maybe this little dodad will help. That or the sports bars again.

They just recently allowed Directv here, about 2-3 years ago...before that, you could only have cable. Once they allowed it, dishes started popping up like mushrooms...I'm pretty sure that nobody here wanted cable anymore...lol

Archived