Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Frost

bubba77

The bottom line--he's a professional--he should be ready. He is paid to punt, which he doesn't do consistently well. Whatever happened to the coffin corner kick? Even if a guy doesn't do it well--when we punt inside the 50--the ball goes into the end zone. I would rather see a kick go out of bounds at even the 10 or 15 yard line than always being spotted at the 20.

Dude, everyone needs to lay off of Frost. He had NO warm up punts in the first half of Thursdays game and dude had to wear someone elses helmet on the field if that tells you how much time he had to get ready for his first punt. Danny Smith called for a punt and Gibbs snagged Lonie from going on the field and yelled at Frost to do it, who was told earlier that he would not be punting until the second half and to not warm up until half time by Danny Smith. After his first punt he nails 3-45 yarders and then is forced to punt (again) inside the 34 yard line. It doesn't matter who we bring in as long as we don't have a kicker who can kick a 50 yard field goal we are going to consistently see our punter have 30-35 yard punts. We got smoked by 41 points and all anyone can talk about on this board is an average punter who takes up little cap room and how you all think he is terrible .

And the time before that he had a tummy ache...and the time before that he had the wrong shoe lace in his mismatched kicking shoe... and the time before that the ball was inflated too much...and the time before that...

Shanks, but no shanks.

And the time before that he had a tummy ache...and the time before that he had the wrong shoe lace in his mismatched kicking shoe... and the time before that the ball was inflated too much...and the time before that...

Shanks, but no shanks.

:laugh: ...Frost definetely needs to be shown the door. There has got to be somebody we can pick up that can perform better than him.

I agree with the Frost advocate here. If Hall cant kick a 50-53 yard field goal, then there will be plenty of short punts. This is why when Todd Sauerburn punted for the panthers ( forget the steriods) he led the league in punt average. Kasay could hit the longer field goals, so the shorter punts were not needed thus lowering the punt average. I like Hall, but the past two years are really starting to give me doubts. It seems on this board that every time a short punt is made.. it is blown way out of proportion. No one else on this board gets treatment as bad has Frost.

Though... if Frost is given the opportunity to have to punt so short, he needs to work on downing the punt inside the 10 alot more.

Are you on crack?

Have you SEEN frost punt? He either shanks, or pooch punts it every time, UNLESS we are close to the other teams endzone. In those cases he gets off a boomer.

I find it funny Frost, an NFL punter(in the LOOSEST sense of the word... CFL wouldnt take him), is complaining about being asked to punt. You know how many backups have to enter NFL games because of injury? I dont want the guy who plays 5 plays in a game to be complaining about having to actually NOT SUCK.

Frost is, in my opinion, the worst punter in the NFL, bar none.

Dude, everyone needs to lay off of Frost. He had NO warm up punts in the first half of Thursdays game and dude had to wear someone elses helmet on the field if that tells you how much time he had to get ready for his first punt. Danny Smith called for a punt and Gibbs snagged Lonie from going on the field and yelled at Frost to do it, who was told earlier that he would not be punting until the second half and to not warm up until half time by Danny Smith. After his first punt he nails 3-45 yarders and then is forced to punt (again) inside the 34 yard line. It doesn't matter who we bring in as long as we don't have a kicker who can kick a 50 yard field goal we are going to consistently see our punter have 30-35 yard punts. We got smoked by 41 points and all anyone can talk about on this board is an average punter who takes up little cap room and how you all think he is terrible .

how does the distance a kicker can kick a field goal even minutely affect the ability of a punter to punt the ball farther?

From my perspective Hall and Frost are huge liabilities. Frost can't punt, Hall can't manage a FG or even attempt to kickoff without hurting himself. I'm sorry, both of them really need to get going here or get out of town before they are run out. That's just my opinion. :whoknows:

The saddest part, the Wake Forest punter Placekmeier, was available in the draft in the 6th round. We could have had him, the best college punter in the nation, but the Seahawks snagged him. I asked Larry Michael, why the Redskins given the fact that Frost sucks, didn't draft the best punter available. He responded, "You don't draft a punter." I couldn't believe he was saying that with a straight face, after watching Frost shank every other punt.

The saddest part, the Wake Forest punter Placekmeier, was available in the draft in the 6th round. We could have had him, the best college punter in the nation, but the Seahawks snagged him. I asked Larry Michael, why the Redskins given the fact that Frost sucks, didn't draft the best punter available. He responded, "You don't draft a punter." I couldn't believe he was saying that with a straight face, after watching Frost shank every other punt.

larry michael is a moron.:doh: he thinks he knows a lot about football -- he doesn't. the guy just likes hearing himself talk.:snore: i say bring back frank herzog!! btw, i think i saw frank playing a judge in some movie coming out soon. anyone know about this?

Why can't the Ray Guy Award winners (best college punter) succeed in the NFL?

These are the last 5 winners and a couple of them have never even played in an NFL game

Year Winner School

2000 Kevin Stemke Wisconsin

2001 Travis Dorsch Purdue

2002 Mark Mariscal Colorado

2003 B.J. Sander Ohio State

2004 Daniel Sepulveda Baylor

2005 Ryan Plackemeier Wake Forest

Is there some suttle difference that I can't see between college punting and NFL punting. I mean you just kick the ball, no plays or adjustments or playing in a system like Spurrier. It just doesn't seem to make sense to me. Frost should go and we can snag B.J. Sander or Tom Malone the former USC punter. Other than that, I'm just going to assume that its slim pickings because I know we aren't the only team with lousy punters. Unless you want to bring back Tom Tupa or Bryan Barker.

spacer.gif

Tuesday November 9, 2004

A shank's tale

"The punt is the most important play in football."

- Old football adage as quoted by Bill Livingston

More than 24 hours after it happened, Browns fans are still talking about Derrick Frost's 7-yard punt that snatched defeat from the jaws of victory on Sunday. "My pregnant girlfriend can punt farther than 7 yards," I heard a caller say on a local sports talk radio show last night. The shank even inspired the sports team here into a headline brainstorming session:

Thou shall not shank

Shankstown 24/7

Welcome to Shanksville

Thanks, but no shanks

Shankapalooza

The guy who shanked it

The shank of Frosticristo

So what happened?

"I saw a guy coming up the middle I thought he was going to block it," Frost told The Plain Dealer "I rushed it. I knew it was going to be bad, but not that bad."

Frost, who never punted in a regular season game before this year, will now have to pull himself together for the biggest game of the year against division rival/hottest-team-in-the-NFL Pittsburgh with former Browns punter I've-never-had-a-punt-blocked-in-my-career Chris Gardocki on the opposite sideline.

"I think that he'll bounce back," head coach Butch Davis said. "It's all a matter of mechanics and execution. When he's had a bad punt in the past he's come back and kicked very well."

http://www.cleveland.com/weblogs/dawgblog/index.ssf?/mtlogs/thedawgblog/archives/2004_11.html

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Even Helen Keller could punt farther than this chump.

the reaction of Gibbs in the press conference to the ST showed that some action is going to be taken in re the punting. he is through exhorting Frost to do better. I think he has made up his mind that Frost isn't going to cut it and the club is now waiting to see which veteran might fall off the tree come the second round of cuts in the NFL.

again, Gibbs whole tone and response was one of resignation rather than anger in re Frost. the guy is trying he is just not up to NFL standards.

Frost = Bum

This thread can be summed up very simply: Frost sucks.

Get that bum out of there. He is a danger to all women and children 20 yards downfield every time his number gets called. There has got to be someone better, and I'm sure Gibbs and co. are scrambling right now to bring in someone else.

What's really astonishing is that he hasn't been replaced after last season. Maybe the coaches see something we don't, but he has to be more consistent. He's the punter for ****'s sake.

Archived