Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chats are back: Dan Snyder.....

Art

Do you even follow the team? Dan hasn't even owned the Skins for 10 years, yet you accuse him of "the revolving door you built in the coach's office destroyed any chance of stability for 10 long, ugly years." He bought the team in 1999, genius. And we've had the same HC and DC for the 3rd season now....sounds pretty stable to me. :rolleyes:

Now I'll let you guys get away with your silly attacks because it amuses me, but when clowns like Jockster can't even follow simple logic, I'm forced to correct you. Do I "even follow the team"? Could I have formulated such a piercing question if I didn't?

Jack Kent Cooke died in 1997. That's 9 and a half years ago. We had two tumultous years with John Cooke, and then Snyder took over. Then we had madness until Joe came back. Will you concede that we had no stability from early 1997 to 1999? Good. Then will you concede we had no stability from 1999 to 2004? Good. So we've established that there were eight and half years of "no stability", right? And in Joe's first season, he turned over half the roster, right? So we had no stability for NINE AND A HALF YEARS, right? And what I said was that he destroyed any chance of stability during those 10 years, not that he owned the team during that entire time.

I guess your problem is that I said 10 years when it was only 9 and a half. So you're saying I'm only 9.5/10ths right? Wow... you really nailed me there.

It wasn't a question - it was an agenda with a question mark slapped at the end. You actually have to be open to a response to ask a legitimate, honest question. Theres clearly nothing Dan Snyder could say to you to convince you he's not the Anti-Christ.

Now that's just silly. Sure, it was toughly worded, which gets your panties in a twist, but it was a question. You'd prefer it worded like this, "Any chance you'll hire a GM? The current arrangement seems to be working with Joe here, but, as you've acknowledged, you had some trouble before he got here and it might be nice to have a good GM to bridge the gap when Joe (God forbid) eventually leaves."

But that's not my style.

Now that's just silly. Sure, it was toughly worded, which gets your panties in a twist, but it was a question. You'd prefer it worded like this, "Any chance you'll hire a GM? The current arrangement seems to be working with Joe here, but, as you've acknowledged, you had some trouble before he got here and it might be nice to have a good GM to bridge the gap when Joe (God forbid) eventually leaves."

But that's not my style.

Know what I think? That you're incapable of admitting that you came across like a typical anonymous internet know-it-all richardcranium and saying, "yeah, maybe in real life I'd have done it a little different. My bad."

Know what I think? That you're incapable of admitting that you came across like a typical anonymous internet know-it-all richardcranium and saying, "yeah, maybe in real life I'd have done it a little different. My bad."

In "real life"? You mean this is all pretend? Huh... who'da thunk it? Look, you guys are just thrilled that he's willing to talk to you, so you're compiling all the softball questions you can and then framing them in some nice sycophantic style. That's fine. I'm not telling you guys to be journalists. But after reading that lame list of suck-up questions, I realized you needed some red meat. Seriously, how many port-o-john questions can the man handle?

But I'm good as long as there's one good Tom Cruise joke in there. Maybe something about Snyder, Cruise, dwarf tossing, and Scientology? Work with it... you'll think of something.

In "real life"? You mean this is all pretend? Huh... who'da thunk it? Look, you guys are just thrilled that he's willing to talk to you, so you're compiling all the softball questions you can and then framing them in some nice sycophantic style. That's fine. I'm not telling you guys to be journalists. But after reading that lame list of suck-up questions, I realized you needed some red meat. Seriously, how many port-o-john questions can the man handle?

But I'm good as long as there's one good Tom Cruise joke in there. Maybe something about Snyder, Cruise, dwarf tossing, and Scientology? Work with it... you'll think of something.

Hey chuckles. We're not "compiling" anything. Every question, other than some repeats and one obscenity-laced tirade has been approved as is. Submitted not by us, but by the fans. Most of whom seem to grasp the concept that this isn't 60 Minutes, and that they aren't Mike Wallace with a raging case of hemorrhoids. You, clearly, don't.

But by all means keep on pretending this is about everybody else.

Archived