Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Roster Projections...I've Seen Enough. Your Thoughts?

LoudMouth12thMan

1. Randle El [WR]-----9. Rabach [OL]

2. Thrash [WR]-------10. Samuels [OL]

3. Patten [WR]-------11. [OL]

4. Espy [WR]---------12. [OL]

5. Farris [WR]--------13. [OL]

6. Jansen [OL]--------14. Fauria [TE]

7. Thomas [OL]-------15. Cooley [TE]

8. Dock [OL]----------16. Ortega [TE]

===============================

1. Griff [DL]---------11. Brunell [QB]

2. Joe Sal [DL]------12. Campbell [QB]

3. Killings [DL]------13. Portis [RB]

4. Evans [DL]--------14. Betts [RB]

5. Wynn [DE]--------15. Cartwright [RB]

6. Carter [DE]-------16. Lumsden [RB]

7. Daniels [DE]------17. Sellers [FB]

8. Clemons [DE]-----18. White, Jr. [FB]

9. Boschetti [DL]-----19. Moss [WR]

10. Collins [QB]-------20. Lloyd [WR]

=============================

1. Albright [ LS]-------11. Hall [K]

2. Archuleta -------12. Frost [P]

3. Taylor ----------13. Lonie [P]

4. Prioleau ---------14. Washington [LB]

5. Rumph ----------15. Rocky [LB]

6. Rogers [CB]---------16. Holdman [LB]

7. Springs [CB]---------17. Marshall [LB]

8. Jimoh [CB]-----------18. K. Campball [LB]

9. Wright [CB]----------19. Posey [LB]

10.Patterson [CB]-------20. McCune [LB]

==============================

*56 man roster. To get to 53 I would not dress Patterson, McCune/Posse, or Espy at the start of the season*

==============================================

-Farris has earned his spot if he continues to perform in the coming weeks

-White Jr looks promising and could be a contributor if he can play well on special teams.

-DL depth is key for a fresh rotation. I think all of the guys listed are needed.

-DB depth is key for GW's system as well. All mentioned should make the team.

-OL depth is most important, but I don't have a grasp of who looks good right now b/c the second/third units are inconsistant. I would keep 3 to 5 reserves dressed at all times. On average, how many did we dress on gameday last year? I think 3 or 4 reserves, right?

-WR is heavy, I know. But I think that we need to dress at least 6. My choices would be Moss, Lloyd, Randle El, Thrash, Farris, Patten/Espy. Patten I would keep just to have him as a possible trade figure for needed depth in other areas later in the season. Patten looked sloppy in warm-ups last night and bland during the last two games.

-TE Fauria, Cooley, and Ortega. I'm not sold on Ortega as a blocker yet, but I believe he can contribute overall. I don't like Robert Johnson's chances. I believe he's banged up as well, so that may hurt his chances. No one wants another Robert Royal [brilliance to bummery all in the breath]. We need these guys [our TE's] to improve their blocking.

-Kicker situation is the unknown. We keep 3 in the first part of the season and make adjustments if either punter can show they are reliable kickoff guys. Can we get a coffin corner punt out of one of these guys...just one maybe? :doh:

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts....

HTTR!

I hope you are kidding...Farris AND Espy? We will only keep 5 WR's and neither one will be one of those 5. Espy might make the PS. You also have Rumph listed as S when he clearly was playing CB. This means you need to add Doughty as the #4 S.

Edit: Morton has clearly out played Patterson as well.

Edit: the more I look over this list the worse it gets. 9 DL?

I hope you are kidding...Farris AND Espy? We will only keep 5 WR's and neither one will be one of those 5. Espy might make the PS. You also have Rumph listed as S when he clearly was playing CB. This means you need to add Doughty as the #4 S.

Edit: Morton has clearly out played Patterson as well.

Edit: the more I look over this list the worse it gets. 9 DL?

You don't have to dress 6 WR, but we will likely do just that b/c Thrash is a given on ST and Farris is fastly becoming another prospect on ST and a reliable receiver to boot. Again, you don't need to dress him every game though. 5 WR's seems fair. Doughty is not looking too good. Our DB's don't have titles. Rumph can play multiple positions as can many others on this team. Doughty is PS/Cut at this point.

You don't have to dress 6 WR, but we will likely do just that b/c Thrash is a given on ST and Farris is fastly becoming another prospect on ST and a reliable receiver to boot. Again, you don't need to dress him every game though. 5 WR's seems fair. Doughty is not looking too good. Our DB's don't have titles. Rumph can play multiple positions as can many others on this team. Doughty is PS/Cut at this point.
The rules on PS eligibility are a pain to figure out, but I think Farris may still be eligible. If not he's gone, otherwise he will be kept on the PS. Espy, after a poor performance last night, will have to play his way back on to the bubble. As for Doughty, I agree that in the Cincy and Bal. games he looked lost, but last night he seemed to look more comfortable and even made one nice tackle after coming up from the secondary. While the rush of DB FA's put him on shaky ground, the #4 S spot is still his to lose.

Pretty good but my first thoughts are:

No way on two punters.

Robert Johnson is definitely in at TE onless injuy is serious.

Agree totally with White Jr. I originally had him getting cut.

I originally had Doughty making the roster, but he is in trouble an hopiong for the PS.

You're going to keep Lumsden, who at this point, has played three minutes of football?

Yes! It's a "PROJECTION"...do you have any insight or you just gonna drop a little bird dropping comment without dropping some knowledge, opinion, or insight. Come on man, don't just cop-out. ;) There are still two games left and he will get his shot to prove he belongs. If he doesn't make it, who makes it in his place? Do we keep 3 RB's and that's it? Your thoughts?

HTTR!

Yes! It's a "PROJECTION"...do you have any insight or you just gonna drop a little bird dropping comment without dropping some knowledge, opinion, or insight. Come on man, don't just cop-out. ;) There are still two games left and he will get his shot to prove he belongs. If he doesn't make it, who makes it in his place? Do we keep 3 RB's and that's it? Your thoughts?

HTTR!

My "insight" was the fact that he's played three minutes, and looks as if the team doesn't have him in their plans. If he was in the team's plans, they'd be getting a better look at him. When a point is that simple you can make it pretty blunt.

1. Randle El [WR]-----9. Rabach [OL]

2. Thrash [WR]-------10. Samuels [OL]

3. Patten [WR]-------11. [OL]

4. Espy [WR]---------12. [OL]

5. Farris [WR]--------13. [OL]

6. Jansen [OL]--------14. Fauria [TE]

7. Thomas [OL]-------15. Cooley [TE]

8. Dock [OL]----------16. Ortega [TE]

===============================

1. Griff [DL]---------11. Brunell [QB]

2. Joe Sal [DL]------12. Campbell [QB]

3. Killings [DL]------13. Portis [RB]

4. Evans [DL]--------14. Betts [RB]

5. Wynn [DE]--------15. Cartwright [RB]

6. Carter [DE]-------16. Lumsden [RB]

7. Daniels [DE]------17. Sellers [FB]

8. Clemons [DE]-----18. White, Jr. [FB]

9. Boschetti [DL]-----19. Moss [WR]

10. Collins [QB]-------20. Lloyd [WR]

=============================

1. Albright [ LS]-------11. Hall [K]

2. Archuleta -------12. Frost [P]

3. Taylor ----------13. Lonie [P]

4. Prioleau ---------14. Washington [LB]

5. Rumph ----------15. Rocky [LB]

6. Rogers [CB]---------16. Holdman [LB]

7. Springs [CB]---------17. Marshall [LB]

8. Jimoh [CB]-----------18. K. Campball [LB]

9. Wright [CB]----------19. Posey [LB]

10.Patterson [CB]-------20. McCune [LB]

==============================

*56 man roster. To get to 53 I would not dress Patterson, McCune/Posse, or Espy at the start of the season*

==============================================

you get a "F" for bad formatting/presentation... i don't get why you would mix and match O and D like that.... :2cents: :applause: :silly:

you get a "F" for bad formatting/presentation... i don't get why you would mix and match O and D like that.... :2cents: :applause: :silly:
I agree you are gonna have to breakdown position by position, you know QB - 3(Brunell, Campbell, Collins)....D+ from me only because of your effort....

I didn't understand the part about 56 and keeping 3 guys in street clothes. I do not think teams can do that, its 53 players and the rest are released, then we can sign players to the practice squad.

Here is what I said on 8/17 about what I wanted to see in the Jets game:

In order of importance to the Skins 2006 season:

1) someone, anyone who can be a decent backup on the OL

2) Lumsden. With Portis out, we need to see if he can make the team and be a reliable back-up.

3) Doughty. If he cannot handle it, he is gone.

4) Campbell. For his self-confidence and the team's confidence in him, if Brunell goes down.

5) someone, anyone as a DB. Rumph, or any one of the losers signed this week.

After last night's embarrassment, here is my report card:

1) I saw many of the second team OL play much better than against the Bengals. Lefotu looked promising, and Jasper Harvey has some promise.

2) We did not see enough of Lumsden to make a final decision. Nemo looked terrible: slow, slow, slow. He missed more holes, making the OL look bad, but it was not their fault. Sellers looks great at FB. Nemo and Manuel White are in great danger of being cut. Nemo should be cut based on last night's performance.

3) Doughty looked a little better. He still looks too slow. He is late on most plays.

4) Campbell LOOKS like a QB; his throws are beautiful; too bad that are often to the guys in the other jersey. I guess image is everything. If Brunell goes down, neither Campbell nor Collins will carry this team.

5) Rumph surprised me. He looked very good, and played agaisnt the Jets top WRs. Great treade. Battle was alos impressive. 2 excellent pick-ups by the FO.

6) I want to add a comment on McIntosh. He played a lot, but did not impress me. He was outmuscled, and often looked lost in the defense. McCune looked slow, and out of position. He often filled the wrong hole on defense. Posey was much better.

7) Golston and Montgomery are big, fat, slow and cannot tackle. No depth at DT here. If Griffin is out for very long, these guys just won't help at all.

:(

My roster breakdown so far...

3 QBs(MB, JC, TC)

3 TEs(Cooley, Fuaria, Johnson)

6 WR(Moss, Lloyd, ARE, Patton, Thrash, Espy)

3 RBs(Portis, Betts, Rock)

2 FBs(Sellers, White)

9 Olinemen(Thomas, Jansen, Samuels, Dockery, Rabach, Walter, Lefotu, Pucillo, Molinaro)

9 Dlinemen(Griff, Big Joe, Wynn, Daniels, Carter, Montgomery, Evans, Killings, Boschetti)

7 LBers(Washington, Marshall, Holdman, McIntosh, Campbell, McCune, Simon)

5 CBs(Springs, Rogers, Wright, Rumph, Jimoh)

4 Safeties(Taylor, AA, Prioleau, Doughty)

2 K/P(Frost, Hall)

My roster breakdown so far...

3 QBs(MB, JC, TC)

3 TEs(Cooley, Fuaria, Johnson)

6 WR(Moss, Lloyd, ARE, Patton, Thrash, Espy)

3 RBs(Portis, Betts, Rock)

2 FBs(Sellers, White)

9 Olinemen(Thomas, Jansen, Samuels, Dockery, Rabach, Walter, Lefotu, Pucillo, Molinaro)

9 Dlinemen(Griff, Big Joe, Wynn, Daniels, Carter, Montgomery, Evans, Killings, Boschetti)

7 LBers(Washington, Marshall, Holdman, McIntosh, Campbell, McCune, Simon)

5 CBs(Springs, Rogers, Wright, Rumph, Jimoh)

4 Safeties(Taylor, AA, Prioleau, Doughty)

2 K/P(Frost, Hall)

You forgot LS Ethan Albright. He has a guaranteed spot.

Here is what I said on 8/17 about what I wanted to see in the Jets game:

In order of importance to the Skins 2006 season:

1) someone, anyone who can be a decent backup on the OL

2) Lumsden. With Portis out, we need to see if he can make the team and be a reliable back-up.

3) Doughty. If he cannot handle it, he is gone.

4) Campbell. For his self-confidence and the team's confidence in him, if Brunell goes down.

5) someone, anyone as a DB. Rumph, or any one of the losers signed this week.

After last night's embarrassment, here is my report card:

1) I saw many of the second team OL play much better than against the Bengals. Lefotu looked promising, and Jasper Harvey has some promise.

2) We did not see enough of Lumsden to make a final decision. Nemo looked terrible: slow, slow, slow. He missed more holes, making the OL look bad, but it was not their fault. Sellers looks great at FB. Nemo and Manuel White are in great danger of being cut. Nemo should be cut based on last night's performance.

3) Doughty looked a little better. He still looks too slow. He is late on most plays.

4) Campbell LOOKS like a QB; his throws are beautiful; too bad that are often to the guys in the other jersey. I guess image is everything. If Brunell goes down, neither Campbell nor Collins will carry this team.

5) Rumph surprised me. He looked very good, and played agaisnt the Jets top WRs. Great treade. Battle was alos impressive. 2 excellent pick-ups by the FO.

6) I want to add a comment on McIntosh. He played a lot, but did not impress me. He was outmuscled, and often looked lost in the defense. McCune looked slow, and out of position. He often filled the wrong hole on defense. Posey was much better.

7) Golston and Montgomery are big, fat, slow and cannot tackle. No depth at DT here. If Griffin is out for very long, these guys just won't help at all.

:(

IronMike, this is the best preseason post I've seen yet! :applause: Thank you for a well thought out post that doesn't bash people for being "Chicken Littles" or something! I like the way you followed up your original post and I have to say I agree totally with you with the exeption of Doughty. I think Doughty might be a first round cut. But, maybe you saw more from him than I did.

:cheers:

Hail,

H

Is it me or do we consistently not draft well in the lower rounds. I agree with IronMike that both Golston and Montgomery have not impressed this preseason. Montgomery especially has not done enough to earn a roster spot so far. I was hoping at least one of them would make it.

I like both battle and Rumph and both demonstrated they can tackle. However, I want to see them next week against a much better QB in Brady. The Jets passing game didn't exactly light it up downfield.

I also like the play of Morton, however, he still needs work in pass coverage. That one fake he bit on was just plain bad. He has been getting a lot of playing time so maybe they like him.

I also agree about McCune. He is huge, but just doesn't seem to have the natural feel for the game at LB.

The starting offensive only played 13 plays in both games. Gibbs alluded to that and said that they might play more to get a better feel for the game. Maybe let Brunell get some more snaps to get into a rythum.

Here's what I'm putting on my website, and woud love some feedback:

We're now past half the preseason and are a mere 3 weeks away from the regular season. Here are my picks to make the roster. Let me know what I got right or dreadfully wrong.

Quarterbacks:

Mark Brunell

Jason Campbell

Todd Collins

Running Backs:

Clinton Portis

Ladell Betts

Rock Cartwright

Mike Sellers

Nehemia Broughton

Tight Ends:

Chris Cooley

Christian Fauria

Buck Ortega (let me have it for this one!)

Wide Receivers:

Santana Moss

Brandon Lloyd

Antwaan Randle-El

David Patten

James Thrash

Offensive Linemen:

Jon Jansen

Chris Samuels

Casey Rabach

Randy Thomas

Derrick Dockery

Kili Lefotu

Jim Molinaro

Mike Pucillo

Spencer Folau

Defensive Linemen:

Andre Carter

Cornelius Griffin

Joe Salave'a

Phillip Daniels

Renaldo Wynn

Anthony Montgomery

Demetric Evans

Cedric Killings

Ryan Boschetti

Linebackers:

Lemar Marshall

Marcus Washington

Rocky McIntosh(eventually)

Warrick Holdman

Khary Campbell

Jeff Posey

Kevin Simon (call it a hunch)

Defensive Backs:

Sean Taylor

Adam Archuleta

Shawn Springs

Adam Archuleta

Mike Rumph

Pierson Prioleau

Kenny Wright

Ade Jimoh

Reed Doughty

Special Teams:

Derrick Frost

John Hall

Ethan Albright

Quarterbacks are set.

Only the 5th spot on the RBs is open to White, Lumsden, and Broughton. Although my final pick can change, I think what we've seen so far in the playoffs tells a compelling story. Though Broughton has struggled in the preseason, he's had far more reps than White and Lumsden... combined. The coaching staff clearly favors him. Lumsden had one rep last game which suggests that the coaching staff has little interest in evaluating him.

Chris Cooley and Fauria will make the squad. I took Ortega over Robert Johnson because a) Ortega has done everything a person could possibly do with preseason playing time, B) I don't have a lot of info on Johnson's injury. His ankle is banged up and unless he gets in the game fast he is on the way to cutsville. Ortega has shined and has legitimately earned his spot on the roster.

We're only keeping 5 receivers this year, as we did in 2005 and 2004. Moss, ARE, and Lloyd are locks. Patten has proven himself a capable receiver in the NFL and is overqualified for the 4th spot (despite a horrible game last night). Thrash is too valuable on special teams to get cut, and this coaching staff prefers veterans. Espy is close, but needed a huge game yesterday to establish himself and failed to preform. Farris had a great last game, but lacks the natural talent to make this football team. I could change my mind on the 5th spot, though I think Patten is a lock (in spite of his preformance lately).

The five starters on O-line are locks, as is (I think) Kili Lefotu and Jim Molinaro. Pucillo and Folau get the nod for their experience and versatility. I feel like I want to add one more player on the O-Line but ran out of spots. If I could free someone up, it would be either Tyson Walter because he's versatile or Ikechuku Ndukwe because of his size and because Joe Bugel apparently has a nickname for him. I'm leaning towards Ike, but neither guy gets in as of now because I can't find room for a 10th lineman. I'd love some feedback on that.

I think the D-linemen are pretty cut and dry. Four starters are locks, as is Renaldo Wynn. I think Boschetti and Killings are definitely going to make the squad as well. Montgomery has an upside, and I don't think we need 10 D-linemen. I have no idea who I would add after those 9... maybe Kedric Golston for potential/because our interior is a bit banged up and not as deep as the end position?

The three current starters, Marshall, Washington, and Holdman are locks. McIntosh and Campbell will also make the team. Posey played well enough and the team brought him in, so I think he's going to make the roster. I chose Simon over McCune because I think McCune played himself out of the position with his horrible special teams coverage yesterday. A shake up is necessary to show the backups that ST matters and that if you aren't reliable than you don't make the team.

I think everyone is a lock on DB except for Doughty and Rumph. Kenny Wright earned his spot last night. I am hopeful for Rumph, though I think he could still lose that spot. Ade Jimoh hasn't had any PT because of injury, but he's a special teams starter and was clearly missed on the field last night. Antuan Edwards could easily steal the last safety spot from Doughty. I think Curry Burns is done for.

Special teams are all locks, although I think Frost is punting terribly and his kickoffs leave much to be desired.

Let me know what you think.

That's 57 guys...;)

And I don't know about Bosco -- a few of you have him making the team, but I don't know if that's gonna happen. I think Riley or Golston will take his spot.

Actually it is 53 lol. I counted it once and counted like 57 myself, had me all confused, then recounted it again and found out I was just wrong.

And yeah I accidentaly meant to put Albright in instead of Alston.

Boschetti, while I think they like him, is my #9 Dlinemen(I know GW said he will keep 9 Dlinemen), but he could be replaced by a Olinemen if need be. While Riley and Golston are decent, I think they really lack any type of speed whatsoever(and why Bollinger had such an easy time running), and for that reason wont make the roster.

Archived