Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you take the Redskin's "D" on your Fantasy TEAM?

LightenupSandyBaby

I went to the Skins game last night with the intention of finding out which Redskin players i will possibly pick up on draft day. I had penciled in our Defense as a SOLID Pick before going to the game. After seeing the double reverse touchdown by the Jets, and the Kickoff return for a TD....I almost left the game! I seriously thought our defense would be better than Chicago's and Carolina's! BUT NOW I HAVE MY DOUBTS. Help me have faith again!

Yeah, our D looked pretty porous last night, but...you have to take into account that we were not playing our starters for most of the game. I know I am going to take the Skins D in my fantasy draft because I believe we will be a top 3 D.

Didn't we have a lot of our starters against their second team offense?

Anyways, defenses aren't very valuable so if you do pick the Redskins (which wouldn't be a bad choice) pick them late. Don't forget we had a few fumbles there that were just unlucky bounces to the Jets.

Also, what's with these teams getting tricky in the preseason? Our offense was so plain it was ridiculous, but they run a double reverse? A surprise onside kick?(I guess they might have been testing out the kickers skill, but still) We'll do better against these types of plays when it counts.

I usually try to lock up Philly or Cincinnati. It's not about which defense is actually the best, but the turnovers and sacks they get. This defense doesn't get enough fantasy-point plays, so I usually pass on them.

Let me add that as a fan, I prefer this defense though. After all, real football is more important than fantasy. :)

Sure would. This defense has been the highlight of the Redskins since Coach Williams came in. Highly ranked and tend to be pretty darn good during the season last time I checked. I'm thinking that like the offense, things will all be better come the beginning of the season. Go figure.

BUT NOW I HAVE MY DOUBTS. Help me have faith again!

The Skins are my fantasy D. I know I picked w/ my heart vs. potential points & $'s...but they will gel,harden & become the muck & mire that offenses will hate to try to get through by the end of reg. season. Realize...our second half of the season last year is what brought us the little respect we regained at the end of post season play.

Keep the faith!:notworthy

I tried to draft them as my back up D (behind Seattle), but I ended up missing out since they were drafted a few picks earlier and got Minnesota instead.

Seattle and Minnesota ain't too bad since I will just rotate them based on the offenses they face every week so I have no complaints.

I tried to draft them as my back up D (behind Seattle), but I ended up missing out since they were drafted a few picks earlier and got Minnesota instead.

Seattle and Minnesota ain't too bad since I will just rotate them based on the offenses they face every week so I have no complaints.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I usually make sure to get a defense that will get to face San Fran, Houston, or Oakland twice a year. Sometimes, I'll even pick up a defense on the waiver wire if they're playing the Texans. My current defenses on my only team (at the moment) are Seattle and the Dolphins (who get four games again the Jets and Bills).

I would - and DID! They were sitting there in the 13th round of my draft. I also was able to draft Lloyd in the 11th and Brunell in the 16th! Was unable to pick any other skins. Here is my draft - go ahead and critique. I picked second in the draft.

#1. L. Johnson (RB) Wanted Alaxender

#2. C. Williams (RB) Good 2nd back IMO.

#3. A. Gates (TE) A reach?

#4 E. Manning (QB) I know....I know - I needed a good QB - was only one left.

#5. R. Moss (WR) The other Moss was not there! Needed a top receiver.

#6. J. Horn (WR) Will a new QB make a difference?

#7. D. McNabb (QB) Again - how does this happen?

#8. D. Foster (RB) My RB situation is looking good to me.

#9. E. Kennison (WR) My WR situation is looking weak?

#10. L. Coles (WR) See above.

#11. B. Lloyd (WR) Will he be everything I am hoping for?

#12. F. Gore (RB) I would say I am set at RB.

#13. WASHINGTON (DEF) I am happy with this pick.

#14. B. Watson (TE) Good 2nd TE IMO. Brady needs to throw it to someone.

#15. R. Longwell (K) moved into a dome. Who cares anyway.

#16. M. Brunell (QB) Can't believe he is still around. Should I start him week 1?

I took the 'Skins D in a few of my leagues. The only time I didn't is if someone already took them

Speaking of FF, (Start of Shameless Plug) I posted a thread in the Fantasy Football Forum about a league I started and need some people to get in...I posted the league name and password in the thread (End of Shameless Plug)

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

I took the 'Skins D in a few of my leagues. The only time I didn't is if someone already took them

Speaking of FF, (Start of Shameless Plug) I posted a thread in the Fantasy Football Forum about a league I started and need some people to get in...I posted the league name and password in the thread (End of Shameless Plug)

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Screw it, I'm in. I've only got one on yahoo, and one with my buddies at school. A third can't hurt. :D

Jesus you guys are boggling my mind. PRESEASON... it doesn't count offensive and defensive plays are vanilla, there is NO game planning... just calm down.. this is NOT what we will see come September 11. As for your post I drafted the Skins DEF for my fantasy team and I have no worries...

Archived