Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Don't Understand It...

SkiNzFuRy7

I just saw a new poll on FoxSports.com asking Which NFC East team is the most invincible, and the results so far were as follows:

Cowboys 34%

Giants 32%

Redskins 18%

Eagles 16%

Seeing that reminds me that of multiple stories I've seen over the past few months some from ESPN, FoxSports, SI (screw those guys), on how the Cowgirls are better than the Redskins...I don't understand it, somebody tell me why after having a great surge at the end of the season, falling a game or two short of the Super Bowl, and shoring up needs over the offseason, we still don't get the respectability that the Cowgirls are receiving after only signing T.O. and Vanderjunk...

Now that we've suffered a few minor injuries during the Preseason some people are saying it's looking very dim for us.

I bet they still wouldn't give us props if we blew every opponent out this season and won the Big One.

What do you all think?

We don't want them to give us respect. The lack of it just provides for fire in our guys. Also, it makes it better for us to quietly take care of things in our games so we can ge into the playoffs as a level-headed team, and not some overhyped, egomaniac-filled team.

We don't need their respect and we don't want it, but they will be giving it to us when we hoist #41 at the end of this year.

I agree everyone is drinking the cowgirl coolade. Even if they have a crappy o-line and not one talented runningback, and a qb who got sacked more than ne other nfc qb, and a young but still poor defencse anchored by the most overrated player in the league, Roy williams...... o yea there goin places.......:dallasuck

I just saw a new poll on FoxSports.com asking Which NFC East team is the most invincible, and the results so far were as follows:

Cowboys 34%

Giants 32%

Redskins 18%

Eagles 16%

Seeing that reminds me that of multiple stories I've seen over the past few months some from ESPN, FoxSports, SI (screw those guys), on how the Cowgirls are better than the Redskins...I don't understand it, somebody tell me why after having a great surge at the end of the season, falling a game or two short of the Super Bowl, and shoring up needs over the offseason, we still don't get the respectability that the Cowgirls are receiving after only signing T.O. and Vanderjunk...

Now that we've suffered a few minor injuries during the Preseason some people are saying it's looking very dim for us.

I bet they still wouldn't give us props if we blew every opponent out this season and won the Big One.

What do you all think?

Who cares about a stupid poll

You get mad because they predict that the cowboys will win the NFC East and then you talk about how great the skins will be and predict they will win the NFC East.

Lets just stop crying about predictions and polls and wait to they play it out on the field.

Who cares about a stupid poll

You get mad because they predict that the cowboys will win the NFC East and then you talk about how great the skins will be and predict they will win the NFC East.

Lets just stop crying about predictions and polls and wait to they play it out on the field.

I actually would not predict that the Skins will win the NFC East this year but I believe that they have a better chance than the Cowboys. Since the 2000 flop season, the sports media seems to have created this unsettling feeling that no matter what the Skins do, they will not be successful.

I do agree with you that the play on the field will speak louder than a sports report or a poll.

The so-called "analysts" at ESPN are really just there to fill time. I saw a bit they did last month where Sean Salisbury and Michael Irvin debated/yelled/annoyed the hell out of me while setting up a "mock" postseason for this year and listing fake stats from the regular season to argue that the Panthers would beat the Skins in the playoffs. It's all ridiculous, and we shouldn't listen to one word that comes out of their mouths. ESPN has really gone to hell in the last couple of years. They all jump on the Cowboys' bandwagon like the CFB analysts jump on Notre Dame's bandwagon. It's the same story every year - just let the season play out, that's all we can do. We're better off in the "underdog" position anyway.

Shouldn't we be used to the media-bias against the Redskins by now?

Let 'em talk, none of what they say matters in the won-loss column.

:logo:

I think that the results are actually coming from the publics point of view. Which to me is even better. I want to shock the world. :)

Shouldn't we be used to the media-bias against the Redskins by now?

Let 'em talk, none of what they say matters in the won-loss column.

:logo:

Yes, I am used to it, and I'm not crying over a stupid poll such as it is, but I was more curious as to why over a few years now, the media has criticized the Skins over their actions, whereas they would praise another team if they did the same thing.

This really does not matter one bit. If I did not know anything about the teams, I would look at the results from the Preseason games and say that Giants and Cowboys look the best. That is all the writers are doing now, after we blow out the Jets this weekend...the story will be how the Skins will be the beast of the East. The media is completely reactionary with moderate biases. Which means beyond the writers with no credibility who just like or hate certain teams blindly no matter what. Most writers just look at the most recent work by any given team and project that team to continue on that path. For us this means that we again are the dark horse underdogs. This is a good thing, just ask Greg Williams, "Nobody respects Us" is one of his montras.

Honestly don't care about those kind of things. Can't take them that seriously.

Agreed....I'm sure hardly anyone in the media last preseason would have predicted us to go 10-6 and make it to the playoffs. All the preseason speculation is just that...SPECULATION. :2cents:

This poll shouldn't hold any validity, using the word 'invincible'. I realize it's probably a play on the new movie coming out, but anyone who takes football seriously knows that no team is invincible.

Also the fact that invincible is a definitive word.

Its not like you can be 'a little' invincible.

Its like saying "im a little pregnant". You are or you arent.

This isn't from the media, it's from the sheep....uhhh...I mean the general public that apparently believes everything the mediots say.......so I guess it IS because of the media! :doh:

That's alright....all the better to sneak up on them and then crush them. ;)

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Archived