Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tony Kornheiser

PuckDallas81

So far from watching the monday night game whats everyones opinion on Tony Kornheiser?

Me personally I think he should've stuck to PTI I love him on there but on monday night football he kind of reminds me Dennis Miller but he has more nfl knowledge then miller did. I think ESPN should've stuck with the old sunday night crew. I thought they were pretty good.

So far from watching the monday night game whats everyones opinion on Tony Kornheiser?

Me personally I think he should've stuck to PTI I love him on there but on monday night football he kind of reminds me Dennis Miller but he has more nfl knowledge then miller did. I think ESPN should've stuck with the old sunday night crew. I thought they were pretty good.

I thought the old Sunday night crew was the most intolerable collection of mopes ever assembled in one booth.

Kornheiser seems OK so far. He'll get better every week.

I can't stand Kornheiser because of his anti HOF stance on Art Monk and have boycotted all of his other gigs, but I'm not going to let him keep me from MNF.

Having said that, I think he's doing okay so far.

Hail,

H

Tony said Monk should be in the HOF.

Joe has to watch what he says around Tony, I loved how he got him to say Gibbs was not as prepared as the Raiders Offensive Coordinator, unlike his other crew Tony is very smart and great with words.

I dunno.....I got home and watched about the last six minutes of the first half (turned it off after Mort's Portis update at halftime). Maybe I've just gotten used to the familiar broadcast teams, like Michaels and Madden, and Aikman and whoever he's with (Buck?), and even got used to the former ESPN crew of Patrick, Maguire, and Joey T. But that six minutes tonight just seemed really stale (OK, it is a preseason game). Tirico just isn't that exciting. Theismann is about the same but I miss his banter with Maguire. Tony.....he was OK, but just didn't seem to be adding anything. They seemed to cut to Suzy Kolber a whole lot more than they used to, and had those cutesy pop-ups to get Tony involved in a PTI-ish way.

I'm so glad the Skins lone MNF game is at home, so I'll be there. I don't know how much I'll be able to take listening to ths crew this year, and I have a feeling that Tony, although perhaps better than Dennis Miller, will likely meet his same fate in time.

Tony said Monk should be in the HOF.

Joe has to watch what he says around Tony, I loved how he got him to say Gibbs was not as prepared as the Raiders Offensive Coordinator, unlike his other crew Tony is very smart and great with words.

... i was laughing when tony called out joe too.. he calls the guy who worked at a bed and breakfast better prepared for football than gibbs.. how many rings does he have? tony knows more redskins football than joe

Kornheiser is funnier and less self-absorbed than Miller. He's been promising so far, not spectacular, but he's only starting to get comfortable. Reminds me of Stewart at the Oscars. Not bad for the first time out. By the time the season starts I think he'll be good, and as he fills his niche, he'll be great, IMO.

BTW - Joe Theisman has now told us that Brad Johnson and Aaron Brooks are going to be great and he "has questions" about the ability of Matt Leinart and Jay Cutler...

:doh:

Kornheiser is funnier and less self-absorbed than Miller. He's been promising so far, not spectacular, but he's only starting to get comfortable. Reminds me of Stewart at the Oscars. Not bad for the first time out. By the time the season starts I think he'll be good, and as he fills his niche, he'll be great, IMO.

BTW - Joe Theisman has now told us that Brad Johnson and Aaron Brooks are going to be great and he "has questions" about the ability of Matt Leinart and Jay Cutler...

:doh:

Tony called him on it, i love it, with Tony and Joe going at it this is going to be great. I like Mike was well, he is great doing the golf tournaments.

I only heard him a couple of times as I was busy watching the Hells Kitchen finale. He didn't sound too bad but you can tell that he doesn't really have the qualifications to be an analyst. Definitely better than Dennis Miller was though.

I watched one episode of that Hell's Kitchen bussiness at the begining of summer. Never caught it again.

Out of curiousity, who happened to win? The fat and lazy italian guy by chance?

It's preaseason for Tony K. I expect him to improve as he gets more comfortable.

The MNF crew overall was good. The discussions up in the booth actually kept me tuned in to the game despite a horrible game.

Archived