Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andre Carter and the double-team

freakofthesouth

Hey dudes.

Haven't seen this mentioned just yet, but I noticed some really difference-making play from Andre Carter.

He was able to get good penetration from the beginning, so much so, that he began to draw the double team for nearly every play.

There were two blitzes in particular where he absorbed two blockers so the blitz could be effective; the first noticible one was Spring's ankle sack of Wright.

He seems to be dominating early-on, and this is a very positive step for our front four.

Hey dudes.

Haven't seen this mentioned just yet, but I noticed some really difference-making play from Andre Carter.

He was able to get good penetration from the beginning, so much so, that he began to draw the double team for nearly every play.

There were two blitzes in particular where he absorbed two blockers so the blitz could be effective; the first noticible one was Spring's ankle sack of Wright.

He seems to be dominating early-on, and this is a very positive step for our front four.

I swear I was just about to create a thread to discuss this same thing. I am rewatching the game right now. And I look for Carter on each of the sacks and he was double-teamed everytime. His presence is already paying dividends. Washington, Springs, and even Wright get to the QB without barely getting touched.

The offense will not have enough blockers for all the defenders that will be coming after the QB. :point2sky

I swear I was just about to create a thread to discuss this same thing. I am rewatching the game right now. And I look for Carter on each of the sacks and he was double-teamed everytime. His presence is already paying dividends. Washington, Springs, and even Wright get to the QB without barely getting touched.

The offense will not have enough blockers for all the defenders that will be coming after the QB. :point2sky

That's a nasty thought bro. I did notice Carter on a play or two, especially when Springs came in on that crutial CB blitz.

We all know our team has talent but we've also been concerned about our depth...and for good reason.

GC

The line got good pressure with the front four, and that opens EVERYTHING up. Carter is the real deal. He'll help everyone around him be better.

Also, love seeing Marcus in the backfield. How bout that sweet spin move!

Yea i remember that one, it was sweet. After the spin M.Wash and L.Marshall met the QB at the same time. Lovely.:applause:

Hey dudes.

That is an awesome observation. After sifting through all the burgundy and gold tears on the board today, this is something to look forward to. I think the whole D played great, and Carter taking double teams will create oppritunities for other players on the D.

Sorry i just thought that it was an ok performance.....i really looked at him every down he was in game... not bad but i thought he would be better... but this is just "Pre-Season"

I think Rocky did better then expected.....

New safety #23 looked lost... Didnt really check for Arch yet, but will tonight

McCune still looks out of place to me..... Just put him on the DLine and give him 1 job.....

Starting o-line looked good.....Lloyd looked good....

Ya know I don't care if it was the first preseason game, only a few snaps for the starters, "vanilla" O and D. I was happy to see what our starters could do and after all the stuff thats been flying around I say that was a good observation.

I'm thinking things will improve this Saturday.

Ya know I don't care if it was the first preseason game, only a few snaps for the starters, "vanilla" O and D. I was happy to see what our starters could do and after all the stuff thats been flying around I say that was a good observation.

I'm thinking things will improve this Saturday.

i wasnt really looking at the plays... just his 1 on 1 with the guy in front of him. I saw him stunt twice, looked good moving. he even lined up at DT once when i didnt see where he cane from... 1 on 1 i want to see that Beast we paid for....

I like the dude. and if he continues to draw 2 or more, great.

Sorry i just thought that it was an ok performance.....i really looked at him every down he was in game... not bad but i thought he would be better... but this is just "Pre-Season"

I think Carter was exceptional, as was the entire d-line. Great penetration, knocking down passes, and creating blitzing lanes. I think you should watch the game again, if you can, and pay closer attention to the play of Andre Carter. He did real well at the start, but if you put two linemen on him, or anyone in the league, for that matter, he won't be able to do too much. But the residual effect was that he created room for the blitz.

Same. Im relieved that we finally have a legit pass rusher that can actually warrant 2 guys blocking him.

Also, anyone notice there were two #31s?

Rock and some defensive guy.

I believe it was eubanks... I was really confused about it... don't think I've seen that before.

Archived