Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A little something for you naysayers

gostanford

Everybody agrees that the colts were amazing last year, right? Well, take a look at their preseason results

Aug 6 @ Atlanta Lost 21-27

Aug 13 Buffalo Lost 10-17

Aug 20 Chicago Lost 17-24

Aug 27 @ Denver Lost 24-37

Sep 2 @ Cincinatti Lost 0-38

0-4, and they lost 0-38 to the Bengals... worse than our 3-19 loss. The Colts then went 13-3 in the regular season and were favored to win the Super Bowl. Is that enough to calm you naysayers down till the regular season kicks off??? PLEASE???!! :)

I'm so tired of folks posting about doom and gloom after a pre-season game where our #1s looked pretty invincible and our scrubs, well, looked like scrubs.

Do we have some depth issues? Yes.

Will it wreck our season? Not likely.

Have a bit more faith, folks.

I actually saw some things I liked last night.

I'm so tired of folks posting about doom and gloom after a pre-season game where our #1s looked pretty invincible and our scrubs, well, looked like scrubs.

Do we have some depth issues? Yes.

Will it wreck our season? Not likely.

Have a bit more faith, folks.

I actually saw some things I liked last night.

:applause: As did I.

Our whole season changed last night(w/ Portis' injury)...it's just going to take awhile for that to sink in.

I think this is very true. As tight as the NFC will be w/TB, CAR, ATL, SEA, CHI, +NFCE, Portis missing the first game against the Vikings could indeed cost us the playoffs. Tie breakers could swing another way based on overall conference record and record vs. like teams. We have no room for error in a tight race.

I'm pretty confident that Portis will get at least 10 carries against the Vikings... knowing portis... he played with hurt shoulders during the while 5-game winning streak last season and still managed to get 100 yd games every time.... we don't really need Portis to get 20+ carries in order to win anyways... has everyone already forgotten about the additions to our offense? Plus, Betts and Cartwright can easily combine for 20+ carries if Portis can't carry the full load.

I'm pretty confident that Portis will get at least 10 carries against the Vikings... knowing portis... he played with hurt shoulders during the while 5-game winning streak last season and still managed to get 100 yd games every time.... we don't really need Portis to get 20+ carries in order to win anyways... has everyone already forgot about the additions to our offense this offseason? Plus, Betts and Cartwright can easily combine for 20+ carries if Portis can't carry the full load.

Was Edgerrin James the victim of a devastating injury in any of those preseason games last year? Nope? Ok, just checking.

Our whole season changed last night...it's just going to take awhile for that to sink in.

Devastating?! I would call a wrecked knee devastating.

I don't think our whole season has tanked because of Portis' injury; he'll be back.

Everybody agrees that the colts were amazing last year, right? Well, take a look at their preseason results

0-4, and they lost 0-38 to the Bengals... worse than our 3-19 loss. The Colts then went 13-3 in the regular season and were favored to win the Super Bowl. Is that enough to calm you naysayers down till the regular season kicks off??? PLEASE???!! :)

The Colts were up 7-0 with their starters, and up 14-6 midway through the 2nd quarter...

Manning barely played, only threw one pass...

Colts just plain got beat...

Manning was 18/25 206 yds, 2 TDs...

The Colts sat their entire starting offense and all but two players on defense.

My point? Concentrating on win/loss records in the preseaon to make a point--any point--is useless. It's how the teams play during the game, not the outcome.

Why can't you guys recognize that Portis missing the the Vikings game could cost us the playoffs? Everyone knows he'll play this season, but when? It's not like anyone thinks he'll be out all year.

We were one 'Tana-bomb away vs. Dallas from missing the playoffs last year.

And we were one blown 2-pt conversion call away from being the #2 seed in the playoffs last year, which would have given the Skins a bye to rest injured starters (hello, Brunell? Portis?) as well as at least one home-field game and advantage...

Point being? You can look into whatever "one play" or "one player" you wish, but ultimately it's irrelevant...it all tends to even out in the end.

The difference between us abd the colts is that the colts have been in their system for many years with essentially the same players so they really dont have to play their starters at all other two games. We have a new system with new WRs so that pass that brunell threw to lloyd will be in stride when the season starts. But they need to get some reps in now.

Why can't you guys recognize that Portis missing the the Vikings game could cost us the playoffs? Everyone knows he'll play this season, but when? It's not like anyone thinks he'll be out all year.

We were one 'Tana-bomb away vs. Dallas from missing the playoffs last year.

So you're saying that without Portis we can't beat the Vikings?

Thats just moronic.

Archived