Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A little something for you naysayers

gostanford

So you're saying that without Portis we can't beat the Vikings?

Thats just moronic.

I didn't say that-you did. I said him being out could cost us the playoffs. Any game could. I think it's more absurd to assume we will beat them with or without CP. Coach Gibbs wouldn't like that....:nono::D I'm just trying to say it would be to our advantage to have a top 5 RB in all of our games if we want our best shot at the playoffs.

BTW, sorry I'm a moron and I hope one day my intellect can flower into something more resembling yours. You sir, are my intellectual superior.:silly:

I didn't say that-you did. I said him being out could cost us the playoffs. Any game could. I think it's more absurd to assume we will beat them with or without CP. Coach Gibbs wouldn't like that....:nono::D I'm just trying to say it would be to our advantage to have a top 5 RB in all of our games if we want our best shot at the playoffs.

BTW, sorry I'm a moron and I hope one day my intellect can flower into something more resembling yours. You sir, are my intellectual superior.:silly:

I took your comment the same way....implying that w/o Portis we can't beat the Vikings, which in turn would hurt our division record and cost us the playoffs. I'd put it a different way, but slappy's point is a good one.

I think the Skins would still have a great shot at beating them, considering the other weapons we now have on O and our devastating Defense. Not to mention the home it's the opener, Monday night, etc....

I don't know any more details than the next guy, but my gut feeling is that #26 will be on the field for that game, even if it is in a limited role....

Sure, I'm no Clinton Portis (which SHOULD make this more comforting) but I've had the EXACT same injury, in the EXACT same place. Depending on the severity of the injury, it's just some swelling. The main problem is that it's easier to have the same thing happen again for a couple weeks. If he rests, he'll be PERFECTLY fine for opening day.

I'm so tired of folks posting about doom and gloom after a pre-season game where our #1s looked pretty invincible and our scrubs, well, looked like scrubs.

Do we have some depth issues? Yes.

Will it wreck our season? Not likely.

Have a bit more faith, folks.

I actually saw some things I liked last night.

:applause: :applause: I did too I'm ready for the season to start. Go easy on some of them though it appears it coming from some of the younger fans who hasn't had much to be excited about with the exception last year. When things do not go the way they feel it should go it's all doom and gloom .

I took your comment the same way....implying that w/o Portis we can't beat the Vikings' date=' which in turn would hurt our division record and cost us the playoffs.[/quote']

C'mon man I'm a Skin fan too. I know who our backups are and I also know we have one of the best offensive lines in the league. Besides, that's why I used the phrase "COULD cost us the playoffs." Operative word being COULD.

If you look at it in the context of the entire thread the OP stated basically we shouldn't be worried about anything because the Colts had a bad preseason last year. Well, I'm not worried about our perceived poor performance last night. I was just trying to state that there is still reason to be worried because we don't know the extent of CP's injury.

Just trying to defend myself........God I love the internet.....:doh::silly:

We're just fine... I'm as pleased with our beloved 'Skins as ever! The first string O line was out after 2 or 3 series... and we moved the ball regardless of down and yardage...

I'm not sure of the Brunell interception (who's fault)... QB or WR?

Betts and Lumsden were out...

I was damn happy with the Offense...

The DEFENSE is STUD worthy!!! Cincy had the ball in field goal range... (I believe the 30 yard line) and they went nothing but backwards on a couple of drives!!!

Cincy ended up punting on the above mentioned possession...

Hail Yes!!!

backwards... backwards... backwards...

our starting defense was very impressive!!!

We're fine!!! Everybody needs to relax... Coach Gibbs will get things (that need to be corrected in place)...

After all... this is a new offensive scheme...

I say, Hail to the Redskins!!!

For week 1 of the preseason... I'm pleased!!!

Heal up Mr. Portis (You're going to be Mr. Touchdown this year)...

Sure, I'm no Clinton Portis (which SHOULD make this more comforting) but I've had the EXACT same injury, in the EXACT same place. Depending on the severity of the injury, it's just some swelling. The main problem is that it's easier to have the same thing happen again for a couple weeks. If he rests, he'll be PERFECTLY fine for opening day.

Sounds great...thanks for the insight.

I too have had a similar injury, and I can't forsee this as being something that keeps CP off the field against MIN and beyond (that is if all the reports we've heard thus far are indeed acurate).

Threre were many bright spots in last night's game. The 1st string defense was nasty; Campbell looked like the real deal; and Rocky McIntosh showed his selection as the 35th rookie was no mistake. I also liked the performances of Mike Espey, Manny White and Robert McCune ... the Skins should and will find a way to keep these guys around. Other scrubs who helped themselves at least stick around a while longer were John Eubanks, Christian Morton, the two OLs from SDSU, and DLs Manupuna and Sykes.

Was Edgerrin James the victim of a devastating injury in any of those preseason games last year? Nope? Ok, just checking.

Our whole season changed last night...it's just going to take awhile for that to sink in.

not sure that CP's injury was devistating, Theisman, that was devistating, Portis tweaked his shoulder, im 99% sure he will be ready for the season opener.

Our starting offense got 78 yards in 2 drives. The 2nd drive for 23 yards was with Rock starting at RB.

When our starters left the game for good, it was 0-0, and we had the ball on the 38 yard line.

Anything after that is completely meaningless. Anything before is only mostly meaningless.

Why can't you guys recognize that Portis missing the the Vikings game could cost us the playoffs? Everyone knows he'll play this season, but when? It's not like anyone thinks he'll be out all year.

We were one 'Tana-bomb away vs. Dallas from missing the playoffs last year.

What makes you think The Skins cant beat the Vikings without Portis? Betts and Rock could hold down the fort and pound the rock until Portis is ready! Besides I'd rather have a healthy Portis for our 2nd game this year DallASS!

We are gunna crush the Vikings in our house with a Rookie Head Coach on MNF?!

H T T R

Archived