Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why the Redskins will win on Sunday

SKiNz Jus 2 sick

This may be bad news, but the drinking age hasn't been 18 since, well, since I was 18.

(It wasn't my fault!)

brother 27 and other friends over 21 but thanks for the info and if u never see me post on this board again after sunday atleast well know i went in peace watching redskins football:2drunks:

1st even tho its only Preseason Our O will overwhealm their D

2nd They not ready

3rd I turn 18 Sunday so hopefully the skins deliver on my B-day this year

:cheers: to getting drunk and watching redskins football

All very valid points

BUT

We're gonna win because the Bengal's starters will either be watching from a hospital bed or jail cell. :silly:

:allhail: HTTR

Actually the thread title is wrong, it should be:

Why the Redskins will lose on Sunday

Why you ask... take a look at past history. The trend seems to be that Joe Gibbs' wort pre-seasons usually end up being championship and/or superbowl winning years..

You sure you wanna win on sunday?

wright named starter....

Bengals | Wright to start preseason opener; still learning offense

Tue, 8 Aug 2006 10:06:20 -0700

Geoff Hobson, of Bengals.com, reports Cincinnati Bengals QB Anthony Wright will start the team's preseason opener Sunday, Aug. 13, versus the Washington Redskins, although Wright is still working on building chemistry with the receiving corps. "It's a process. Obviously it's going to take time," WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh said of Wright's development. "Our offense is predicated on timing. He has to get used to the way we move and the way we do things because everybody is different. There are times it hasn't been sharp, and there are times the defense has been really good."

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=1

Geoff Hobson, of Bengals.com, reports Cincinnati Bengals QB Anthony Wright will start the team's preseason opener Sunday, Aug. 13, versus the Washington Redskins, although Wright is still working on building chemistry with the receiving corps.

If he gets a First Down against our defense then there need to be some words.

I could be completely off. But doesn't Joe Gibbs historically lose in pre-season. Didn't we lose all but one game in our superbowl season? If that's true. I won't expect much.

"Our Super Bowl Season"???? This should be plural as I recall watching a few Super Bowls that we won...bu yes...in 82' we were 0-5...I forget what we were in 87' but in 91' we were 1-3.

To be honest I don't really care if the REDSKINS lose all their pre-season games, well maybe win at least one. But I'm more concerned about alot of players getting injured before the reg-season games start. I'd rather the REDSKINS lose these pre-season games than lose players for the season. :helmet:

GO REDSKINS !!!!!!!

To be honest I don't really care if the REDSKINS lose all their pre-season games, well maybe win at least one. But I'm more concerned about alot of players getting injured before the reg-season games start. I'd rather the REDSKINS lose these pre-season games than lose players for the season. :helmet:

GO REDSKINS !!!!!!!

AND THAT's NOTHER GOOD REASON AMEN!!!!

Since we have a new offense and everyone needs to learn and practice we may play our starters for a quarter and they may put up a bunch of points and so we may actually win.

In general though Joe Gibbs uses the preseason games only to look at those players who are on the bubble for making the team. We'll see guys who everyone will ask - "Who? I never heard of him".

I do recall one season that we won the Superbowl after a loosing pre-season. Everyone was projecting gloom and doom after the pre-season; but then once the season started we looked like a completely different team. I expect this season will be like that.

Reasons we may loose in pre-season:

Starters won't play much.

Third and fourth strings will play a lot just to give them a chance to show something.

Coaches will call only basic plays as they don't want to show other teams coaches anything about what type of game plan they will face in the regular season.

Coaches don't game plan and don't care about matchups and things like that.

In short we don't really use the skills of our starting players or the talents of our coaching staff in order to try to win the game.

:cheers: to getting drunk and watching redskins football

Is it strange that I don't like being drunk when I watch football? When I watch I like to really, really focus on the game- especially when it's the Skins. I find that drinking really distracts me from the task at hand.

Am I a worse person for this?

Archived